• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Shiny Garchomp is hilarious I got one once and thought it was glitched or wasn't displaying right. There is little to no difference, which is funny considering how much Garchomp is used.

Archgan

360pages, I read the first two chapters of the story you posted in the thread and I liked the premise. One thing that I noticed you tend to do a lot is use "no doubt" in a weird way. I don't think it is technically wrong the way you use it, but I think it sounds a little weird and you could probably use other words. For example, when you said, "Despite his eyes being closed, he felt light trying to penetrate his eyelids, it was obvious daylight at the time. He no doubt slept through the night," I think using "must have" or even just "had" instead of "no doubt" makes more sense. Also, I know you haven't gotten around to editing this yet, but the second comma in that quote should probably be a semicolon, obvious should be obviously, and I don't think you need "at the time."

MormaPope

Banned
Has Pat, Woolie, or Liam ever explicitly said which Persona they prefer when it comes to Persona 3 FES versus Persona 4? Can't remember if they did on the friendcast.

360pages

360pages, I read the first two chapters of the story you posted in the thread and I liked the premise. One thing that I noticed you tend to do a lot is use "no doubt" in a weird way. I don't think it is technically wrong the way you use it, but I think it sounds a little weird and you could probably use other words. For example, when you said, "Despite his eyes being closed, he felt light trying to penetrate his eyelids, it was obvious daylight at the time. He no doubt slept through the night," I think using "must have" or even just "had" instead of "no doubt" makes more sense. Also, I know you haven't gotten around to editing this yet, but the second comma in that quote should probably be a semicolon, obvious should be obviously, and I don't think you need "at the time."

Yeah, I really need to go back and look though it some more. Usually I go through one edit, but the funny thing about those edits they usually end up making some other sentences off a bit.

Usually it catch a lot of used phrases, I need to look though that again.

Has Pat, Woolie, or Liam ever explicitly said which Persona they prefer when it comes to Persona 3 FES versus Persona 4? Can't remember if they did on the friendcast.
I'm sure they like P4 more. Its more slice of life and relatable with the characters.

I'm pretty sure they hate FES due to the unpolished everything is and Pat hates the Answer.

Xiraiya

So far I prefer 4 more over everything I've seen of P3P, I do enjoy it, but I like everything about how 4 looks and feels better.

I want to play FES so badly but the lack of party control is making it almost impossible.
The feel of the lack of party control actually makes sense to be in P3. Everyone has his/her ideals and shouldn't be directly controlled right away. It creates an illusion that they have actual free will. I did hope that you could do direct commands near end game since they trust you with your choices as leader.

Xiraiya

I find myself not really feeling overly attached to 3's protagonist, which is extremely important in this kind of game, where as I really like pretty much everything about Yu, his look, his situation, Izanagi, etc. etc.

The feel of the lack of party control actually makes sense to be in P3. Everyone has his/her ideals and shouldn't be directly controlled. It creates an illusion that they have actual free will. I did hope that you could do direct commands near end game since they trust you with your choices as leader.
I think that's called reading into something waaaay too much.

ultimax

The feel of the lack of party control actually makes sense to be in P3. Everyone has his/her ideals and shouldn't be directly controlled. It creates an illusion that they have actual free will. I did hope that you could do direct commands near end game since they trust you with your choices as leader.

Also the game was balanced with that in mind

It makes sense from a story perspective, but fuck that shit, it's terrible. I'm not playing these anime dating sim RPGs for supreme realism in the combat where teenagers kill gods by shooting themselves in the head to summon ghosts and Satan.

Xiraiya

I'm going to start Stick of Truth tomorrow. How does it play?
Please be good, so I don't get cold feet.

It's very simple as far as turn based games go, but it's also way more indepth than I expected from a South Park game.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing through it.

It's very simple as far as turn based games go, but it's also way more indepth than I expected from a South Park game.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing through it.

I wouldn't call it indepth cause it was horribly easy. All you had to do was equip kyle and use his jew powers

The gameplay is eh, but if you like south park you will probably love it.
Ehhhhh, I'll play something else then. I'll work my way to it.

Do like South Park, but I'm looking for pure gameplay experiences. Eh gameplay won't cut it.
It's reviewed well and it's South Park humor. You'll be fine.

Did you decide on xenogears?
I gotta get back in RPGs in general, before I play Xenogears. But it's still a maybe.

Archgan

I heard it's just Paper Mario/Super Mario RPG. I wanna play it for the battle system even though I hate South Park.
zLpbjdJ.png

But not really, though. I know it's not for everyone. Just wanted to use this at least once.

MormaPope

Banned
I bought and started playing Persona 3 FES a bit ago, and I'm enjoying the atmosphere and characters a lot more versus Persona 4. Being in a big school with tons of students feels a lot more homey, I have fond memories of high school and the school I went to had a lot of students (around 2000 or so). The sense of mystery is done better, the other characters don't worship the main character, and the soundtrack has a lot more energy.

I also value how menacing the world feels in Persona 3. Drama in Persona 4 is a lot more personal, whereas the drama in Persona 3 revolves around larger things being at stake. Persona 4 is a great game, but I like the ebb and flow a lot more in Persona 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom