• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool, haven't had time to play it much myself anyways. I hope some of you will come back when that big patch hits though.

I hate to pull a Pat, but I've actually been getting way into Skullgirls recently too....
Can't wait for that patch. Shadow characters actually matter then!

Eliza can do that. I need to work on my combos tho. It feels really tricky on a pad.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Since smash stuff is going, here's a gif of why rosalina is so good,
270.gif

Stuff has happened. PG is gone.

Yeah what was the story with that? He got himself banned on purpose or something?
I hope he comes around again sometime, he was cool.

Can't wait for that patch. Shadow characters actually matter then!

Eliza can do that. I need to work on my combos tho. It feels really tricky on a pad.

Shadow Kanji is so cool, but I hate shadow burst so much, I really hope they fix it.

Also, come on man, Cerebella all the way.
Until that one wrestler guy comes out maybe...

Hey! i will always be hyped for ultimax! probably for the rest of my life!

im just fightstick-less atm
Understandable. I wouldn't wanna beat a defenseless man down even if I could beat him normally.
heh
Shadow Kanji is so cool, but I hate shadow burst so much, I really hope they fix it.

Also, come on man, Cerebella all the way.
Until that one wrestler guy comes out maybe...
I've heard they are fixing shadows and shadow burst.

I'm terrible with her grab setups. I can somewhat combo with her tho...

I've heard they are fixing shadows and shadow burst.

I'm terrible with her grab setups. I can somewhat combo with her tho...

I'm playing super casually with her, haven't even really got into the combos. But I've gone through her moves, and I'm in love. Mid range grabs like kanji, and charge rush and lots of moves with hit resistance for setting shit up.
Also... doesn't hurt that she's Italian...

Don't worry, Abu will bring him back.

He asked for a temp ban to focus on studies.

That's cool, hope he's getting that shit under control.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I'm playing super casually with her, haven't even really got into the combos. But I've gone through her moves, and I'm in love. Mid range grabs like kanji, and charge rush and lots of moves with hit resistance for setting shit up.

Don't worry, PG should be back by thread 15. And that reminds me....
Have finished Akumetsu?

Alright. The timing for the forward medium dragon punch to standing air grab feels so cool, but tricky too pull off. I've been experimenting with more set ups. I really don't wanna judge spacing.

demidar

When your thread starts out with asking for an unpopular or controversial opinion on anything, then I highly doubt it was ever "good" in the first place. Hardly even any in-depth analysis going on. Just asking for shit slinging opinions to be aired out.

I don't think it's that, it's just most people are too immature to discuss unpopular/controversial opinions because they'd rather rely on clique-iness and popularity to imply (falsely) that they're right, thread gets derailed and then it devolves from there. I hold plenty of unpopular opinions myself but I don't expect people to react to them well.

Don't worry, PG should be back by thread 15.

Oh, so in a couple weeks then?

And that reminds me....
Have finished Akumetsu?

I'm sorry guys. I know I'm the wild eyed, twitchy psycho conductor of this hype train... but I have to admit I'm really dragging my heels on this. My new job is really kicking my ass at the moment, but I should have some time after the holidays
I pray
to push this obsession to the limit!

Alright. The timing for the forward medium dragon punch to standing air grab feels so cool, but tricky too pull off. I've been experimenting with more set ups. I really don't wanna judge spacing.

My go to so far is [in the corner] Iron knuckle into cerecopter into super. I also like charge rush grab into super. [she can combo into super so easilly, and from almost anything it feels] And forward medium punch into the ranged command grab.
It blows my mind that she can combo into grabs.

I don't think it's that, it's just most people are too immature to discuss unpopular/controversial opinions because they'd rather rely on clique-iness and popularity to imply (falsely) that they're right, thread gets derailed and then it devolves from there. I hold plenty of unpopular opinions myself but I don't expect people to react to them well.

I think the notion that an unpopular opinion(or rather, a well thought out opinion) depending on context, should be analyzed or critiqued is valid, sure. That goes without saying.

I think asking everyone for their controversial opinions on things is equal to saying "what do you hate that other people like" and leads to pointless, circular conversations.

I was expecting that post.
When a thread starts out with asking for an 'unpopular' or controversial opinion on anything, then I highly doubt it was ever "good" in the first place. Hardly even any in-depth analysis going on. Just asking for shit slinging opinions to be aired out.
I'd say it just sparks conversation, but isn't inherently bad. People just won't have good arguements.
Whats the fastest we've gone through an OT?
Probably when Ultimax came out

demidar

I think the notion that an unpopular opinion, depending on context, should be analyzed or critiqued is valid, sure. That goes without saying.

I think asking everyone for their controversial opinions on things is equal to saying "what do you hate that other people like" and leads to pointless, circular conversations.

Oh I know, I used to post in the Controversial Opinions thread and it turned it to a shitshow so fast, a dumping ground for stupid people regurgitating their ill-formed opinions.

Oh I know, I used to post in the Controversial Opinions thread and it turned it to a shitshow so fast, a dumping ground for stupid people regurgitating their ill-formed opinions.

That thread is terribo. Need I remind everyone of the guy that said God of War has more combat depth than any Devil May Cry game because the buttons do more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom