• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of PC games, motherfuckers get Red Faction Guerrilla. It now uses Steamworks, apparently has some other fixes and is only 3 bucks until tomorrow. Fucking Geomod, man!

Live out your dreams as a space asshole.

And it only took a few hundred dollars. I would've died laughing if it didn't work.

If it didn't work I would've roamed the world as the black GAFsman roaming the world to find my ultimately enemy Gabith.

Play Half Life you nerd!

Do it tho. It's really good.

Just make it so you'll autologin! You need to get into the trading cards.

CRPGs are the best tho! You could also pick up FPSs since they were made to be played with keyboard+mouse. Go get OSU as well. What do you use as a mouse?

I won't be tempted by you frienders. I won't fall for your almost Pat levels of shilling for Steam

Zenfalcia

If it didn't work I would've roamed the world as the black GAFsman roaming the world to find my ultimately enemy Gabith.

I won't be tempted by you frienders. I won't fall for your almost Pat levels of shilling for Steam

Gabiiitttthhh!

Steam sales will tempt you and win you over.

Jman014

Don't buy Witcher 2 though. Your laptop probably wouldn't be able to run it.

Try Banner Saga, though!

I'm fighting an uphill battle aren't I? I guess GAF is like 90% PC gamers isn't it lol. Fine. I might try a game soon or something. If I had known I would've gotten the 256 SSD instead of the 1TB HD

Your playing HL2 and will like it! I'mma gonna gift you my spare copy.

Oh, well thanks. Now I can see why everyone loves Half life so much.

Zenfalcia

I'm fighting an uphill battle aren't I? I guess GAF is like 90% PC gamers isn't it lol. Fine. I might try a game soon or something. If I had known I would've gotten the 256 SSD instead of the 1TB HD

You can still get an ssd during some christmas sale. You did miss some ssd sales from black friday.

Oberon

Banned
We're talking about PC games?
I used to play a lot of them when I was younger, and Zoo Tycoon has to be my favorite Pc game ever.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think it's really that most of us have supplemented our console gaming with PC gaming, considering the growth of Steam.

SSDs are actually bad for lifetime use. Writing to an SSD shortens their lifetime a good bit.

I'm only gonna recommend the kickass PC games. That DMC4 port has Legendary Dark Knight mode man!

You can still get an ssd during some christmas sale. You did miss some ssd sales from black friday.

I have no clue how to put an SSD inside a laptop. It'd have to be an external.

SSDs are actually bad for lifetime use. Writing to an SSD shortens their lifetime a good bit.

I'm only gonna recommend the kickass PC games. That DMC4 port has Legendary Dark Knight mode man!

B-but the steelbook on ps3.....

I think it's really that most of us have supplemented our console gaming with PC gaming, considering the growth of Steam.

I figured. It just seems mostly pointless to me since I have a wii u, xbone and a ps4. I bought a laptop mostly just for casual stuff and my old one is a busted piece of shit.

Oh, well thanks. Now I can see why everyone loves Half life so much.

Half life put Gaben and Valve on the map dude. It's a staple of PC Gaming, like Doom.

Xiraiya

HL2 Holds up pretty damn well, the Sound design is more awesome and cinematic than what you get in most games today, running with AA and AF etc it still looks pretty great, somehow those realistic textures have been holding their own over the last decade.

II figured. It just seems mostly pointless to me since I have a wii u, xbone and a ps4. I bought a laptop mostly just for casual stuff and my old one is a busted piece of shit.
Just go for PC exclusives, or ports like DMC4 that actually are better from a gameplay standpoint.
I have no clue how to put an SSD inside a laptop. It'd have to be an external.
Does your computer have USB 3.0 ports? Otherwise that's not worth it. I'd assume it does though.
We're talking about PC games?
I used to play a lot of them when I was younger, and Zoo Tycoon has to be my favorite Pc game ever.
Wow, nice avatar man. I didn't recognize you for a second.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I figured. It just seems mostly pointless to me since I have a wii u, xbone and a ps4. I bought a laptop mostly just for casual stuff and my old one is a busted piece of shit.

1) PC games are ridiculously cheap, so I don't mind double dipping.
2) In ten years, I'll still be able to play DMC4 (example) two computers from now at my leisure without swapping systems. It's future proofing my library.

The lack of backwards compatibility has really cemented for me the luxury of PC gaming.

HL2 Holds up pretty damn well, the Sound design is more awesome and cinematic than what you get in most games today, running with AA and AF etc it still looks pretty great, somehow those realistic textures have been holding their own over the last decade.
That facial animation is still godlike. Just watch the intro with G-Man talking and you'll never forget it.

Also, my hype for Xrd continues to be non stop, and I found this image of pre made chat messages for the multiplayer.

I sincerely hope one of us uses that BlazBlue one on Pat just to make him salty. Immediately made me think of him when I saw it.
Also, Arcsys still remembers Battle Fantasia. Kind of surprised.

Half life put Gaben and Valve on the map dude. It's a staple of PC Gaming, like Doom.

Yeah, I know. Its just that first person games really doesn't do much for me. I mean I enjoyed borderlands, but mostly for the loot/RPG/artstyle. But I will play it just because it is Half Life.

It's not that hard to install internally if you have a decent laptop.

I'm sure installing steam was supposed to be easy too.

Just go for PC exclusives, or ports like DMC4 that actually are better from a gameplay standpoint.

Does your computer have USB 3.0 ports? Otherwise that's not worth it. I'd assume it does though.

That's what I figured. If there's a game I really want on PC then I'll play that, otherwise just console. Or if the port is really just that much better. But I'm not gonna get a game on PC just because the frame rate or the resolution might be a little better on my laptop. I don't care that much. Also it does have a 3.0 port.

Also, my hype for Xrd continues to be non stop, and I found this image of pre made chat messages for the multiplayer.

I sincerely hope one of us uses that BlazBlue one on Pat just to make him salty. Immediately made me think of him when I saw it.
Also, Arcsys still remembers Battle Fantasia. Kind of surprised.
;~; Not even Arcsys is hyped for Ultimax...

I'll check up Battle Fantasia. It sound pretty hype.
edit: didn't they do a FNF of it? I can't remember what it was called, but this looks really similar.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
;~; Not even Arcsys is hyped for Ultimax...

I'll check up Battle Fantasia. It sound pretty hype.
edit: didn't they do a FNF of it? I can't remember what it was called, but this looks really similar.

They might not be able to name it in GG since they don't own it.

And yes, they did a FNF of Battle Fantasia. It's the game that let developers know that 3D models on a 2D plane was possible for a fighter.

1) PC games are ridiculously cheap, so I don't mind double dipping.
2) In ten years, I'll still be able to play DMC4 (example) two computers from now at my leisure without swapping systems. It's future proofing my library.

The lack of backwards compatibility has really cemented for me the luxury of PC gaming.

That does make a lot of sense. I know that eventually I will have to go digital just because of things like this. Especially because consoles just refuse to have backwards compatability and eventually owning a bunch of them will take up more room than having a PC.

That looks absolutely insane lol.

It's fairly simple, but it might void your warranty?

External... Please don't..

Is it really that bad? And I have no clue, but I'd rather not risk it.

Xiraiya

That facial animation is still godlike. Just watch the intro with G-Man talking and you'll never forget it.

Considering how revolutionary HL2 was, it makes me wonder if Valve have HL3 up their sleeve and we'll never see it until that game is 100% polished out the gate.

The original source engine was a buggy mess, these days it's fantastic, but... poor Vampire Bloodlines, I wish it go to use today's version of source.

They might not be able to name it in GG since they don't own it.

And yes, they did a FNF of Battle Fantasia. It's the game that let developers know that 3D models on a 2D plane was possible for a fighter.
Alright. I gotta watch that one then.
I wouldn't wanna corrupt my data due to a loose USB cable.

I recommend OSU as the best PC game. Its really good.
There's no hype for ultimax because those waifus are all shit compared to Elphelt.
Design-wise true. Not sure for personality yet.

Squishy3

YOU FUCKERS SAYING THE PODCAST ENDING WAS MADOKA

IT'S THE ALDNOAH ZERO OPENING
I EVEN GUESSED IT BEFORE GOING TO WOOLIE'S TWITTER TO SEE IF ANYONE SAID IT

Alright. I gotta watch that one then.

I wouldn't wanna corrupt my data due to a loose USB cable.

I recommend OSU as the best PC game. Its really good.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I've seen some of those videos. Absolutely. no chance in hell of a rhythm game.

Also, that USB does make sense. Oh well, it's probably not a big deal unless its with high end PC games.

Zenfalcia

It'll be really expensive compared to the non external.

Fuck me then. It seemed really Madoka.
Oh, that's what you were searching about? I wish he picked the 2nd ending song.. which is way better..
git gud at recognizing relevant outro songs because of woolie talking about aldnoah zero

ultimate_trainer more like ultimate_frauder amirite
Is it me or does it sound really bad in audio quality?

Is it me or does it sound really bad in audio quality?

Its not an easy song to find. Kalafina usually takes down any source for her music that's not on her Vevo on youtube. Which means that Woolie probably had to mess with the audio so that the podcast doesn't run into any legal issues or anything.

It'll be really expensive compared to the non external.

I guess that's another issue as well. Oh well.

Zenfalcia

Does anyone know how to change the member thing to custom text?
A mod has to tag you and it'll change your member text.
Its not an easy song to find. Kalafina usually takes down any source for her music that's not on her Vevo on youtube. Which means that Woolie probably had to mess with the audio so that the podcast doesn't run into any legal issues or anything.

Actually the audio is from an osu video on youtube. It sounds the exact same in audio quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom