• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
you_gotta_believe_by_bokiller-d5m9i49.jpg

Is everyone finally hyped for PSX? :D

360pages

I think that their interpretation on game difficulty of DaSII is wrong. That video was out a bit before the the rebalancing announcement. I don't think that From wanted Magic and leash ranges to be absolutely that absurd.

True, but I do think magic is for those who want to be safe and thing about things. In a way you probably would spend more time planning each attempt at an area with better results than a melee character who spends less time planning but dies more.

True, but I do think magic is for those who want to be safe and thing about things. In a way you probably would spend more time planning each attempt at an area with better results than a melee character who spends less time planning but dies more.
The planning thing isn't necessarily true IMO. For a melee, you have to plan against the area enemy's leash ranges and absolutely analyze the area. Melee for DaSII isn't all about facefucking everything like old Woolie. It should be more like Shin Woolie where he's analyzing on what to do in the situation in order not to be crowded upon.

360pages

So, for the 3 people who actually read a that story I posted...do you all think it's dull?

I mean, you could argue I have far more action packed stories in there. (Those haven't been edited at all) But that one is far more lull and calm. There are fantasy elements in there, but people are still limited somewhat. They can preform nice physical feats. But nothing amazing like cutting a building in two or running up a building.

Simply asking for a opinion since another story is specifically opposite of that because I thought some might find it boring.

360pages

The planning thing isn't necessarily true IMO. For a melee, you have to plan against the area enemy's leash ranges and absolutely analyze the area. Melee for DaSII isn't all about facefucking everything like old Woolie. It should be more like Shin Woolie where he's analyzing on what to do in the situation in order not to be crowded upon.

Yes, but range has the advantage of snipe spots along with being able to clear out a certain amount of foes before you even have to put yourself in real harms way. Melee you can read the area, but most of the time you are probably going into an area with none of the foes killed.

Magic you can take out quite a few, and learn more in a single go depending on the area.

360pages

I just realize the flaw with 3D portable pokemon games is the sizes are fucked.

The Stadium games tried to get the pokemon sizes as accurate as possible when out in battle...even if some of the large pokemon still had to be toned down. (Wailord, Groundon) They were still huge compared to the others on the field.

This gen it's weird, when it was sprites there was a certain level of understanding that the sizes can't be displayed right. With 3D models it's jarring to have Pikachu only being a few feat shorter than Groundon even if the sizes are still in the pokedex.

croten

The Stadium games tried to get the pokemon sizes as accurate as possible when out in battle...even if some of the large pokemon still had to be toned down. (Wailord, Groundon) They were still huge compared to the others on the field.

This gen it's weird, when it was sprites there was a certain level of understanding that the sizes can't be displayed right. With 3D models it's jarring to have Pikachu only being a few feat shorter than Groundon even if the sizes are still in the pokedex.

I never saw that as a problem. Like you said, this was present with the sprites as well.

Zenfalcia

I'll go with Golden Time because Im a sucker for that stuff. Thanks to everyone who responded. Typing on a vita sucks.

Golden time? Sure, it'll be ok, you might even relate to some of the university/college situations. The romance... ehhh.. it'll be up to you to enjoy it or not.

I'll go with Golden Time because Im a sucker for that stuff. Thanks to everyone who responded. Typing on a vita sucks.
Just don't
cry like I did
at the ending.
Golden time? Sure, it'll be ok, you might even relate to some of the university/college situations. The romance... ehhh.. it'll be up to you to enjoy it or not.
She felt like an actual person with her personality tho... It was good.

Squishy3

WHAT THE FUCK!?
I've been playing classic mode in SSBU and after having defeated the clone version of that boss,
a giant monster/cave-like creature popped up with small dark enemies spawning regularly inside
. Already beat it on 9.0 and this is the first time I'm seeing this.
Somebody didn't watch the 50 things Nintendo Direct.

360pages

I never saw that as a problem. Like you said, this was present with the sprites as well.

True, but there is a cutscene in Omega Ruby where
you ride on Groundon's back, and it looks closer to him giving you a biggyback ride rather than you jumping on a skyscraper sized monstert.
Maybe on the next gen Portables they can get the sizes in battle more consistent like in other Pokemon games. Part of me is saying it's probably because it would be a nightmare in 3 on 3 battles and the fact it might take more time to load and the 3DS isn't strong enough to hold those models along with the over world and other areas.

Man, thanks for pinpointing why I thought the 3D models were weird.

All I want is a Pokemon Stadium 3 for Wii U, I'd even settle for a Pokemon Colosseum 3. I enjoyed the Pokemon Stadiums more than R/B/Y or G/S/C since I found leveling kinda dull: I just really wanted to battle with good 3D models.

But I'll probably never get it. Sigh.

I never tried Battle Revolution.

360pages

Ugh, I really need to put in some more interesting locations for my story. Having the first arc, (Which still isn't finished yet) All take place in a town was a mistake. I wouldn't mind some more fantasy elements and locations, which is easy to set up (Like...going to the center of the of the earth and finding another civilization there or something)

Though if I do that, I might as well just have a new cast of characters and have the story take place in the same world but with the same magic system and what not.

360pages

Man, thanks for pinpointing why I thought the 3D models were weird.

All I want is a Pokemon Stadium 3 for Wii U, I'd even settle for a Pokemon Colosseum 3. I enjoyed the Pokemon Stadiums more than R/B/Y or G/S/C since I found leveling kinda dull: I just really wanted to battle with good 3D models.

But I'll probably never get it. Sigh.

I never tried Battle Revolution.

Battle Revolution is like stadium...but awful and with zero charm.

We probably will get a stronger system next gen. Remember Stadium and Colosseum didn't have to worry about random battles loading pokemon into the world and having routes.

In XD you jumped from map to map and what not. Still...I really kind of wanted this gen to have XD level stuff, but then we have to go into game speed and other stuff that might make the battles last too long for a handheld.

Ugh, I really need to put in some more interesting locations for my story. Having the first arc, (Which still isn't finished yet) All take place in a town was a mistake. I wouldn't mind some more fantasy elements and locations, which is easy to set up (Like...going to the center of the of the earth and finding another civilization there or something)

Though if I do that, I might as well just have a new cast of characters and have the story take place in the same world but with the same magic system and what not.

Do you post your stories online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom