• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I've made $15 bucks on my youtube account. Poppa needs a new set of cheap steam games.

gfAb613.jpg

Zenfalcia

10/10 best ending.

I guess you should watch the anime then...

I heard it wasn't as good as toradora.

Nah, i already have the ps2 version and played a bit already. I just need time to finish it.

All you need to know is that she's factually best girl

What are you trying to do, start a waifu war?

You should play Persona 4 so I don't have to.

You can watch someone else do an LP if you don't want to play it.

You can watch someone else do an LP if you don't want to play it.

I'm going to watch the endurance run, when I get some free time.

Also I already know the gist of the plot. I just don't like playing the game, unfortunately.

Clingly and obnoxious. Wants the MC's dick in almost every scene she's in and will keep making that clear until the very end of the game.
I don't know man, that sounds pretty sweet to me.

Cept the clingy part.

It's not, because the clingy characteristic is fucking awful during the golden content. She becomes less about "identity crisis" and more about "how clingy and bitchy can we make the character?"

That sounds like pretty bad writing, rather than let's make you hate this character, especially if it's during the Golden content.

Edit - Ah, I caught the edit. Okay. I see now.

Zenfalcia

Nah. Golden Time was better. Way better crafted.
If you say so. Although i like a lot more of the cast than in Toradora and it feels more slice of life? Kinda? Excluding some.. weird story elements..

Clingly and obnoxious. Wants the MC's dick in almost every scene she's in and will keep making that clear until the very end of the game. I actually liked Rise in OG P4, but her obnoxious shit is multiplied in the new content and she's now borderline bad.

Really? Hmm.. She can't be that bad...

I'm going to watch the endurance run, when I get some free time.

Also I already know the gist of the plot. I just don't like playing the game, unfortunately.
That sucks that you don't want to play the game. It's better this way i suppose, rather than do something you don't like.

Nah I'm just making a factual statement of facts based of facts and other factual evidence of facts.
facts.

Sure. Ok.

Jman014

Clingly and obnoxious. Wants the MC's dick in almost every scene she's in and will keep making that clear until the very end of the game. I actually liked Rise in OG P4, but her obnoxious shit is multiplied in the new content and she's now borderline bad.

Oh so like
Tharja
from Fire Emblem Awakening.

Well the golden scenes are pretty awfully written on average, but no other main character suffers from it as much as Rise does.
- Chie talks even more about food/meat than she usually does. It's like every conversation has to go towards steak at one point. It's repetitive, but not too annoying.
- Rise's characteristics are multiplied tenfold, turning her to a really obnoxious character towards the end.
- Yukiko is boring as always and nothing of note happens to Yosuke and Teddie.
- Kanji and Naoto slightly improve, as Kanji just remains hilarious and Naoto becomes unintentionally lewd during one scene and just has more time in the spotlight.

It's really a fucking shame. I appreciate the gameplay streamlining, but the extra story and character content is awful.
Man, that sounds pretty bad. If I had ever so slightly enjoyed the gameplay, I would just suck it up, and go play the OG, but that didn't happen.
That sucks that you don't want to play the game. It's better this way i suppose, rather than do something you don't like.
I would prefer not to dip whenever this topic goes into Persona mode, so I need to see something of the game.

I missed the conversation earlier but I would like to nominate South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut as a great musical
Oh so like
Tharja
from Fire Emblem Awakening.
Nah there was a whole hell out a lot less of them than Rise, and for the most parts I felt their scenes are for comedic effect where as whenever Rise has more then 5 lines outside of a dungeon and the party is not in depression mode, she is asking for Yu's dick.

And another thing,
Tharja also wants The V

Zenfalcia

I would prefer not to dip whenever this topic goes into Persona mode, so I need to see something of the game.

Ah, and have you played or seen persona 3 yet?

I'm glad I haven't seen "waifu wars!!!" comments. I would like to have genuine conversations about female characters without it turning into a waifu war again.

It might be because a lot of Golden events happen really close to the end of the game, meaning they're more fresh. On average no, she's not bad, she's just a little clingy, obnoxious, manipulative in general and condescending towards Kanji. It's just that they apparently didn't know what to do during the new events and just concentrated on these characteristics way too much. It's like "Hey, remember how X was Y during the main game?! Well, X is that even more during these new events! Chie really likes Steak, doesn't she?! Also fsteak lolololol! Rise now wants the MC even more and will say that every opportunity she gets! Kanji is a real doofus, so now he's that even more! Yukiko is super prudish and quick to judge, am I right? Let's reiterate that! Let's just take shit people already know and repeat them constantly, because we don't know what else to do!"
We need waifu wars, just wait until persona 5 comes out. The real waifu wars will start then.

So they just took the small quirks and pushed them to the extreme, rather than developing the character more. That sucks and seems like they took the easy way out.

Squishy3

So they just took the small quirks and pushed them to the extreme, rather than developing the character more. That sucks and seems like they took the easy way out.
It was probably easier for those characters and it's not like they weren't lacking in normal character development anyway. In addition they make up for it by the inclusion of the Adachi S-Link which actually fleshes him out whereas prior to that he was just a clumsy inexperienced detective.

P4 ending spoilers:
Aside from the ending, of course, where you find out he's a petty motherfucker.

We need waifu wars, just wait until persona 5 comes out. The real waifu wars will start then.

I wish we got actual discussion of character development rather than Waifu wars. P4 was heavily rushed character development IMO.

Ah, and have you played or seen persona 3 yet?

Only thing I've seen of Persona 3 is that the main protag shoots himself in the head to activate his powers, which is radical as fuck, the characters look not only better visually, but in actual character writing wise, and some shit apparently goes down.

I would be way more into P3 than I would P4, simply based on themes and character design wise.

In the end I ended up being like "Yeah, I get it! I FUCKING get it! Can you please have the character talk about something else for one fucking scene!?", which is really disappointing.
Is it on par or worse than Arena/Ultimax's writing? I had those same reactions to the shallow, stereotyped versions of the P4 cast.

ultimax

It was probably easier for those characters and it's not like they weren't lacking in normal character development anyway. In addition they make up for it by the inclusion of the Adachi S-Link which actually fleshes him out whereas prior to that he was just a clumsy inexperienced detective.

P4 ending spoilers:
Aside from the ending, of course, where you find out he's a petty motherfucker.

I like Adachi more than the actual investigation team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom