• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody played SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked? It's 50% off in the eShop for 15$ and I was wondering if it was a yay or nay.
It depends on how much you like to grind on tactics games. I fuckin love tactics games and I thought it would be perfect for me, but I ended up being fucked for demons for a couple of rounds and had to grind for some more. Its still a good game, but it burnt me out real hard with the grinding. I'll get back to it some day.

Hey, you know what I fucking hate? Dragon Age Inquisition. What a waste of goddamn money. This is the least amount of fun I've had playing any game in a long-ass time.

My favorite Dragon Age is 2, what is wrong with me that I only enjoy the ones that nobody else does?

demidar

Oh god that's required for the girls i date...

"We're so in sync, I think you might be The One. But one last question, what do you think of the Super Best Friends?"

"They're okay."

'Get out."

Then she runs out of the house crying and gets hit by a car. You run out after her to check on her and she says "I meant 10/10 they're okay" and then she dies.

croten

Hey, you know what I fucking hate? Dragon Age Inquisition. What a waste of goddamn money. This is the least amount of fun I've had playing any game in a long-ass time.

My favorite Dragon Age is 2, what is wrong with me that I only enjoy the ones that nobody else does?

You have a bad taste in video games.

"We're so in sync, I think you might be The One. But one last question, what do you think of the Super Best Friends?"

"They're okay."

'Get out."

Then she runs out of the house crying and gets hit by a car. You run out after her to check on her and she says "I meant 10/10 they're okay" and then she dies.

cry evrytim

You have a bad taste in video games.

No, that's not right, my tastes are the only good ones. That's probably the most likely scenario.

croten

"They're okay."

'Get out."

Who?.gif

Okingjrr

"They're okay."

'Get out."

tumblr_mggi8rU2nC1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

"They're okay."

'Get out."

3feelsy5me

croten

That entire series just seems pointless

But that does remind me, for some reason I always thought Marth resembled that one purple haired girl from DOA way more than he should.

Well it's a fighting game. It's fanservice heavy but it's still a well made game on top of that.

Xiraiya

Well it's a fighting game. It's fanservice heavy but it's still a well made game on top of that.
Well I don't care if it's well made, it's a pointless game made for people to jack off to, you can't defend that with "Oh oh but it's a well made game tho!" That just makes it even more disappointing that it exists, what a waste of skill.

You're Liam, congratulations, did you play the first one? I heard a lot of rough things about 2, but that might be a case of "It's fine on it's own but shit compared to the previous game in that series"
Inquisition looks decent, but mostly uninspired and uninteresting, I see it and I think "I want to go play Skyrim and mess around in that instead." I've been really wanting to play Dragon Age: Origins though.

"They're okay."

'Get out."

Better love story than Twilight.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dead or Alive 5 is a fine fighting game, with plenty of nuances and depth. You just have to watch tournament footage to see that. The fact that the aesthetic emphasis makes some people uncomfortable is completely irrelevant.

Oberon

Banned

"They're okay."

'Get out."

You know that you can kiss a girl when she brings a plastic bottle to a date ( that's why I always have a pair of scissors with me)

You're Liam, congratulations, did you play the first one? I heard a lot of rough things about 2, but that might be a case of "It's fine on it's own but shit compared to the previous game in that series"
Inquisition looks decent, but mostly uninspired and uninteresting, I see it and I think "I want to go play Skyrim and mess around in that instead." I've been really wanting to play Dragon Age: Origins though.

I really enjoyed Origins, but I liked 2 more. The main thing I liked in 2 was the greater focus on just talking to people, you got to talk to your party more than in any of the other Bioware games. The gameplay was like a simplified version of the combat in 1, but I never really liked that type of gameplay. 1 was fun, but I'm not generally into that type of game, Inquisition just feels like a videogame with no real reason behind anything and the characters are all just thrown at you nonstop and you can barely talk to any of them at any point.

2 was like a medieval dating sim and Inquisition/Origins are Western RPGs.

Dead or Alive 5 is a fine fighting game, with plenty of nuances and depth. You just have to watch tournament footage to see that. The fact that the aesthetic emphasis makes some people uncomfortable is completely irrelevant.

That's it, though, it's fine. 5 brought it to a point where it's fine and on par with a lot of fighters, but it's still not KOF or BlazBlue, and when I can just play those I don't need any other fighter.

croten

Well I don't care if it's well made, it's a pointless game made for people to jack off to, you can't defend that with "Oh oh but it's a well made game tho!" That just makes it even more disappointing that it exists, what a waste of skill.

It would be a waste if it was one game that bombed but no, it isn't. It's a series that's been going on for a long while and undoubtedly makes money. Hardly a waste if you ask me.

Xiraiya

I really enjoyed Origins, but I liked 2 more. The main thing I liked in 2 was the greater focus on just talking to people, you got to talk to your party more than in any of the other Bioware games. The gameplay was like a simplified version of the combat in 1, but I never really liked that type of gameplay. 1 was fun, but I'm not generally into that type of game, Inquisition just feels like a videogame with no real reason behind anything and the characters are all just thrown at you nonstop and you can barely talk to any of them at any point.

That sounds interesting.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's it, though, it's fine. 5 brought it to a point where it's fine and on par with a lot of fighters, but it's still not KOF or BlazBlue, and when I can just play those I don't need any other fighter.

That's just sort of an odd position to take since you're comparing apples to oranges. DOA5 doesn't play anything like KOF or BlazBlue. It's like saying, I love "Hotline Miami" so I don't see the point in playing "Farcry 4". Even if you chose Tekken, VF, or SC as examples, it would be a strange comparison to anything beyond the very superficial.

That's just sort of an odd position to take since you're comparing apples to oranges. DOA5 doesn't play anything like KOF or BlazBlue. It's like saying, I love "Hotline Miami" so I don't see the point in playing "Farcry 4".

I also hate all 3D fighters across the board, so I hardly have an opinion to take seriously. But seriously, DOA and KOF are more similar to each other than HM and Farcry.

demidar

I absolutely cannot abide by this because this is the same argument used to deride Bayonetta and Bayonetta is fuckawesome.

Oberon

Banned

You know, there's a type of relation that was pretty commun during those times...

joe2187

Banned

But DOA and KOF/BB is nothing alike.

I really enjoy the counter/parry mechanic in DOA5 and have had alot of fun from what I've played. Costumes/fan service aside it's a damn good game.

It's completely irrelevant. DoA5 is a wonderful fighting game, in feel and to play. The aesthetics do not matter in any form of context.

Hell, people will find anything creepy or disturbing (Bayonetta rape thread please) It's just the nature of the over sensitive public.

Anyway, glad to see it get a PC release, but PS4 is probably my stop, as my DLC is there. I'll check it out on a sale.

croten

That sounds interesting.

It's not. It's a shitty Mass Effect clone in a fantasy setting. DA:O had a lot more complexity to it and far more variation in conversing with people. DA 2 is just some guy in a city doing boring shit then going to a cave just outside the city that looks exactly the same as the 10 caves you went to before but no shut up it's a totally different cave.

360pages

That's a really narrow way to think of it considering a lot of series can be changed to that. (World of Warcraft/Pokemon is just a game people waste their time grinding. FPS's are just games people waste their time killing people)

joe2187

Banned
Wow, okay thats different.

The story mode in GGXrd is basically just a movie made In-Engine. No fighting whatsoever. You get and some cash to unlock gallery items and a trophy.

But DOA and KOF/BB is nothing alike.

Nah man, two people fighting, fuck that shit.
I'm just fucking around, I just don't like 3D fighters.

It's not. It's a shitty Mass Effect clone in a fantasy setting. DA:O had a lot more complexity to it and far more variation in conversing with people. DA 2 is just some guy in a city doing boring shit then going to a cave just outside the city that looks exactly the same as the 10 caves you went to before but no shut up it's a totally different cave.

Gameplay is better in Origins, nobody is ever going to argue that, I just don't give a shit about that type of gameplay. I personally felt there was more character variety in 2 and the interactions were more fun and there was a larger focus on the relationship of the cast as a whole. I also personally loved the single city environment since I got really familiar with it and had my rounds through it, it was like the Normandy but with more shit going on.

I'm fully willing to accept that I have bad taste in games, I ain't give a shit about that, but I really think that game gets a bad wrap for just not being more Origins. It tried something different and I personally really liked what they did and would have liked to see more of that.

I'll just say that I really like playing as Ryu in DoA, and the counter mechanic is fun times. I was pretty excited when they were all "We're going to be taking the series more seriously now, and want to get away from the pervy stuff" when DoA5 was being made.
But then they went as far as ever with those DLC costumes, which is a darn shame. Yeah I know I'm in the minority here, but I won't be silenced by you commies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No. As soon as you start story mode it says "Just sit back and relax and watch this shit"

There's chapters but I guess thats if you want to rewatch certain scenes.

That's bizarre.

I'll just say that I really like playing as Ryu in DoA, and the counter mechanic is fun times. I was pretty excited when they were all "We're going to be taking the series more seriously now, and want to get away from the pervy stuff" when DoA5 was being made.
But then they went as far as ever with those DLC costumes, which is a darn shame. Yeah I know I'm in the minority here, but I won't be silenced by you commies.

You could just not download the DLC. It's how they make their money after implementing the f2p.

Well, no, they aren't the same things.

It's similar enough where someone is using aesthetic design choice to generally argue that something shouldn't exist despite any other substantive and positive elements.

No. As soon as you start story mode it says "Just sit back and relax and watch this shit"

There's chapters but I guess thats if you want to rewatch certain scenes.

That's actually really disappointing. I was hoping for BlazBlue style crazy alternate universe endings with my GGs.

croten

Nah man, two people fighting, fuck that shit.
I'm just fucking around, I just don't like 3D fighters.

Gameplay is better in Origins, nobody is ever going to argue that, I just don't give a shit about that type of gameplay. I personally felt there was more character variety in 2 and the interactions were more fun and there was a larger focus on the relationship of the cast as a whole. I also personally loved the single city environment since I got really familiar with it and had my rounds through it, it was like the Normandy but with more shit going on.

I'm fully willing to accept that I have bad taste in games, I ain't give a shit about that, but I really think that game gets a bad wrap for just not being more Origins. It tried something different and I personally really liked what they did and would have liked to see more of that.

Really? I can't understand that at all. DA:O had far more interesting characters and more interesting interactions. The only character I don't like in DA:O is Leliana.

joe2187

Banned
That's actually really disappointing. I was hoping for BlazBlue style crazy alternate universe endings with my GGs.

What sucks is that basically you'll get the same thing from Arcade mode since most of the cutscenes are used again in arcade mode as well. The story mode just has more exposition.

DLC was meant to support F2P. That's why there's so much of it, and why it's so pandering.

It clearly worked, seeing that it still comes out. I don't mind, because I'm not out there buuying every pack. Just the ones that I want.

So I crunched the numbers and I can't afford to take time off of work to see my girlfriend for Christmas/her birthday. I don't know how to break this to her, and no matter what I say it's going to be a shitshow until January.

croten

So I crunched the numbers and I can't afford to take time off of work to see my girlfriend for Christmas/her birthday. I don't know how to break this to her, and no matter what I say it's going to be a shitshow until January.

Shit that sucks. Hopefully she understands.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What sucks is that basically you'll get the same thing from Arcade mode since most of the cutscenes are used again in arcade mode as well. The story mode just has more exposition.

That's really strange, and rather disappointing. I liked BlazBlue's story mode.

Really? I can't understand that at all. DA:O had far more interesting characters and more interesting interactions. The only character I don't like in DA:O is Leliana.

I felt most people in Origins were there to be party members as where the people in 2 felt like characters first. But eh, opinions.

That's really disappointing, especially after Persona furthered that trend, I was hoping that more games would start to do the VN styled story mode. Oh well, I probably won't be able to afford it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom