• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Shadow Warrior 3.49€
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 5.99€

Hold me back!!

I only remember you saying that you only got Alpha Sapphire today and not the other things you wanted.
Can't remember the others who said something similar :p
Sorry you guys

Lords of Shadow 2 is, by all accounts, a thoroughly mediocre game.

Get Shadow Warrior though.

Nordicus

Lords of Shadow 2 is, by all accounts, a thoroughly mediocre game.
If I were to give it one bit of praise, it's that the PC demo (maybe main game too) is beautifully optimized. When few months back I had a somewhat underpowered desktop and tried it out, it still ran at silky smooth 60fps

I know it's mediocre game, but it's a cheap mediocre game.

Fucking Steam Sales

Completely understand that feeling. I just buy some games, not because I want them, but because they are cheap, and they look pretty.

Seriously, Remember Me needs to stop taunting me.

So of the game related things I've gotten this week because of sales was Titanfall on PC for $5, a PS3 for $330, and I just received Shadow of Mordor as a gift by participating in a Steam gift train on Something Awful. Not to mention the free stuff on PS4 through PS+ that I just bought up.

I've not normally bought anything on sale around this time, I usually save it for around Christmas time. Definitely a change of things.

"THIS LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD'S GOT A BASKET FULL OF KICKASS!"
Dammit Capcom. when's my B.B. Hood character action game gonna happen?

Zenfalcia

So i was interested about the zebra video.. WOOF that was unexpected. He did literally come apart like a broken motorcycle.

croten

I guess I'm not affected too much by steam sales. I'm more likely to buy things but I'll nearly always play them. The problem is that I spend more money than I should.

Zenfalcia

Everything just sort of fell out, felt bad for the zebra, it probably couldn't comprehend what was going on.

I thought his hind leg was bitten and it didnt seem like a big problem until the girl said "i think i saw his intestines." Eh, i was just surprised just like the mouse video.

Hmm, I noticed characters like Hinata and Yukiko are popular in japan. I guess it's a culture thing most likely.

Long haired bishoujos who are also very prim/proper or shy are japan's favourite.

So I'm cleaning up and check this shit out.

8gmtg09.jpg

These are gaming tokens from the Sega display that was up in... Disney, I believe, back in the late 90s.

It was a giant Sonic statue surrounded by Genesis consoles and it was amazing.

demidar

We already cheered Pat up.

Maybe it's time to turn YouTube comments off videos?

I would be all for that. I'm not sure there is anything of worth in YouTube comments anyway, anyone who really cares to offer comments with thought would do so in other avenues.

Zenfalcia

We already cheered Pat up.

Maybe it's time to turn YouTube comments off videos?
If you do that it just shows that they are affecting you and letting them know they won. It's a lot worst if you turn them off. It's also better to be open to critism, both good and bad.

Guys, be honest with me. How bad is the Evil Within LP? I'm seeing a lot of, well, -rage-, over that dog boss fight. Is it just unwatchable or what? I'm seein DSP comparisons here.

It's FIIIIIIINNNEEE. Seriously. I HATE when people get mad because you miss stuff. Who cares. It's my favorite thing going right now.

OH.

Oberon

Banned
Hmm, I noticed characters like Hinata and Yukiko are popular in japan. I guess it's a culture thing most likely.

Page pls

Hinata is a way better than Yukiko
And if I had a sister.....No, I said I would stop doing this. It's really hard though!

Why's that? Letting that shit fester doesn't seem like a good idea.

I don't remeber the last time I read the comments in YouTube.
My life has improved siince then

So to open my laptop you have to take off what is basically the whole bottom. I do that thinking I'll be able to take off the heat sink and replace the thermal paste. I look and only he fucking fan is visible and the actual thing covering the processor is under some more plastic bullshit I don't know how to take off. So basically I opened it up just to dust it. At least I got that done though, and I cleaned the screen while I was at it.
Why's that? Letting that shit fester doesn't seem like a good idea.
The shit commenters will drain over to other outlets and it'll make them want to interact less with the fans. It's basically a quarantine

Xiraiya

Hearing Jeff go on about how he can't deal with Demon Souls is kind of disheartening, I really feel like some of those guys look at games in such an odd way, it might be because they can only look at it in reviewer terms, which is true Souls games aren't going to review all that well because the gaming standard is more "Get in, figure out what does what, be taught by the game, enjoy it, be done in 12 hours and then be like Boy that sure was a cool game."

I mean it's irrelevant since souls games became popular anyway, but I really do feel like there is too much of a "It doesn't make it easy to figure out this or that so fuck that game lol" vibe in general in gaming, even with exceptions like Souls series.

And I'm over here taking my time, figuring out different things one by one, learning as I go, not in a rush, exploring everything there is, and it makes for such a great experience, I don't really care how the game ends, I care about the journey to that end.
I feel like people are in a rush to get through games, game the system, min max, get to the end and sell it, that just seems... pointless, that's how you treat a movie, watch it, enjoy it, move on.

Which is probably why I didn't mind Gwyn as a final boss in DS1, I thought it was fitting that after everything you went through, the end is just an old man desperately protecting his legacy from you, all you have left to do is end it, or continue it.
But to a lot of people they ran in being like "Oh what, just a guy? Okay I guess but that's disappointing." and they kill him to end the game or start over for more stuff.

Zenfalcia

I like how we're so open about spoilers. It makes me really sad when i read so and so is the final boss or so and so is the killer. sigh... I guess i only have myself to blame on not playing those games...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I like how we're so open about spoilers. It makes me really sad when i read so and so is the final boss or so and so is the killer. sigh... I guess i only have myself to blame on not playing those games...

I don't like it. I actually think it's terrible. There's no excuse to post story related spoilers without a tag except laziness. I don't see it happen too often in here, though. Just sometimes.

Xiraiya

Too late to get passive aggressive about a 3 year old game that has been discussed at length multiple times on the Podcast.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Too late to get passive aggressive about a 3 year old game that has been discussed at length multiple times on the Podcast.

I don't think that something being on the Podcast, or there being an LP of something, automatically means spoilers no longer apply.

A lot of people in here watch every single piece of SBF related materials as soon as it's released. And that's great. But some others purposefully avoid certain content because of spoilers. I don't think they should be penalized for doing so.

Hearing Jeff go on about how he can't deal with Demon Souls is kind of disheartening, I really feel like some of those guys look at games in such an odd way, it might be because they can only look at it in reviewer terms, which is true Souls games aren't going to review all that well because the gaming standard is more "Get in, figure out what does what, be taught by the game, enjoy it, be done in 12 hours and then be like Boy that sure was a cool game."

I mean it's irrelevant since souls games became popular anyway, but I really do feel like there is too much of a "It doesn't make it easy to figure out this or that so fuck that game lol" vibe in general in gaming, even with exceptions like Souls series.

And I'm over here taking my time, figuring out different things one by one, learning as I go, not in a rush, exploring everything there is, and it makes for such a great experience, I don't really care how the game ends, I care about the journey to that end.
I feel like people are in a rush to get through games, game the system, min max, get to the end and sell it, that just seems... pointless, that's how you treat a movie, watch it, enjoy it, move on.

Which is probably why I didn't mind Gwyn as a final boss in DS1, I thought it was fitting that after everything you went through, the end is just an old man desperately protecting his legacy from you, all you have left to do is end it, or continue it.
But to a lot of people they ran in being like "Oh what, just a guy? Okay I guess but that's disappointing." and they kill him to end the game or start over for more stuff.
Jeff's taste in games is super weird, there's probably more games I like that he dislikes then there are games we both like. Doesn't change my opinion of him that he's a smart, funny dude, and his comments on the industry and games journalism is extremely sound.

Also, I didn't find Gwyn disappointing because it was just a dude, he was just a shit boss in comparison to Old King Allant.

Jeff's taste in games is super weird, there's probably more games I like that he dislikes then there are games we both like. Doesn't change my opinion of him that he's a smart, funny dude, and his comments on the industry and games journalism is extremely sound.

Also, I didn't find Gwyn disappointing because it was just a dude, he was just a shit boss in comparison to Old King Allant.

JEFF DOESNT LIKE YOSHI'S ISLAND!

Yes I've been very, very salty at Jeff's taste in video games.

Beloved

I don't think I've spoiled anything here but I will say I have never been on a forum or any place on the internet that was so damn sensitive about spoilers. It wouldn't even occur to me to spoiler something that is YEARS old.

So it's not laziness, it's literally not something that would cross my mind. Granted since now I've seen how some of you react to spoilers that are old as shit, I'd at least try to remember. But expecting everyone to always remember to spoiler every freaking thing in any game or anime or whatever that someone here MIGHT be interested in but hasnt finished (or even started), is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom