• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Naruto/Hinata overload in the movie promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9mrpEWPf4

...Did I just see Lee punch a goddamn meteor?

tumblr_inline_ng28dlAr3y1si5cpw.png

tumblr_inline_ng28dvVBMH1si5cpw.png

tumblr_inline_ng28ea1RUM1si5cpw.png

Zenfalcia

It's funny because a lot of people seemed to dislike V and Verdict Day even though I found the change in pace more preferable than 4 and For Answer, though in a way they kind of went a bit far in that other direction that it's still off in spots.

You know, if AC 6 just decides "fuck it, we're bringing back the Arena, start doing 1v1 battles again," I'd be totally fine with that. Fighting other ACs is the best, and that mode was the perfect place to do so in the old games.

Different opinions i suppose.

Why not both? 1v1 and multiplayer with team or free for all.

Yeah, but the flow of hype combos would be ruined.
It would, so you want persona switching to be tied to weapon switching? Would teammates be called in as support? Or i wonder how that would work.. hmm..

Oberon

Banned
It would, so you want persona switching to be tied to weapon switching? Would teammates be called in as support? Or i wonder how that would work.. hmm..
Yeah. It feels like it could work. I kinda want the teammates to be have multiple personas like in 1 and 2. Would a tag system work on character action games? If so, tagging in and continuing the combo would seem pretty hype. The multiple personas that the other teammates would have create an extra layer of different persona combos.

Maybe I'm digging too deep into the actual gameplay than what can fit on the controller, but it seems really hype.
What did I do to deserve such reputation?
Talk about twincest.

Zenfalcia

Yeah. It feels like it could work. I kinda want the teammates to be have multiple personas like in 1 and 2. Would a tag system work on character action games? If so, tagging in and continuing the combo would seem pretty hype. The multiple personas that the other teammates would have create an extra layer of different persona combos.

Maybe I'm digging too deep into the actual gameplay than what can fit on the controller, but it seems really hype.

Too many ideas and not enough buttons.

Do you want me to find the quote?
Or thread.

demidar

Talk about twincest.

I don't know about a Persona MC being as acrobatic as the average character action game protagonist.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably get the 360 controller then cause it's cheaper. I'll see if I can find someone with a DS4 though to test it out.

Also, thanks for the various welcomes.

Hey, I didn't have the opportunity to welcome you here at BestGaf!
Welcome
Have you answered the usual quesion yet?
If not, here are they:
-Your Waifu
-Favorite Anime
-Favorite Video game series
-Life or Hometown?
- Have you read Prison school? If not you should

Waifu: Yuki Nagato
Anime: Tough one. Candidates include Death Note, Code Geass, JoJo, KLK, Attack on Titan, Higurashi...it's tough to name a top one. Favorite MANGA though is Monster.
Video Game Series: DK:C, Dota, KOTOR
Life blah: Lived in a suburb near Seattle, WA until I went to a boarding school in New Hampshire for high school. Right now I'm in my senior year of college studying physics in NYC, trying to apply to graduate school to get my PhD so I can help research fusion and plasma physics. Hoooopefully I get into my top choices.
Prison School: I'll add it to the list I guess.

Link to first chapter: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/nP3ta

Obviously, although it might be the Donte you didnt want instead of the dante you want.
I forgot that I'm supposed to read it left to right since its a Manhua...

Pretty good.
Anime: Tough one. Candidates include Death Note, Code Geass, JoJo, KLK, Attack on Titan, Higurashi...it's tough to name a top one. Favorite MANGA though is Monster.
Life blah: Lived in a suburb near Seattle, WA until I went to a boarding school in New Hampshire for high school. Right now I'm in my senior year studying physics in NYC, trying to apply to graduate school to get my PhD so I can help research fusion and plasma physics.
Life and hometown are tits and ass

croten

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll probably get the 360 controller then cause it's cheaper. I'll see if I can find someone with a DS4 though to test it out.

Also, thanks for the various welcomes.

Life blah: Lived in a suburb near Seattle, WA until I went to a boarding school in New Hampshire for high school. Right now I'm in my senior year of college studying physics in NYC, trying to apply to graduate school to get my PhD so I can help research fusion and plasma physics. Hoooopefully I get into my top choices.

Good good, lack of Gurren Lagann is disappointing but you seem to have misinterpreted Life and Hometown

Alfebit

Banned

Disappearance Nagato 5moe7me

Also he was referring to this about Life or Hometown. https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/281205268350660609

Zenfalcia

I forgot that I'm supposed to read it left to right since its a Manhua...

Pretty good.

Life and hometown are tits and ass

Yeah, i read some comments about it jumping around too much, which i can agree but it is slice of life, which i'm used to.. also it's pretty cute :3

Good good, lack of Gurren Lagann is disappointing but you seem to have misinterpreted Life and Hometown

It's ok, he doesn't know the lore yet.

The only way that's happening is if the game doesn't get announced.

Since I can't see the event live, my pants are safe.
For now they are safe.. later, they wont be.
Did you finish it? Cuz Oberon said the same and when he finished it he was a new man.
Dont forget about mararagi.

croten

Yeah, i read some comments about it jumping around too much, which i can agree but it is slice of life, which i'm used to.. also it's pretty cute :3

It's ok, he doesn't know the lore yet.

For now they are safe.. later, they wont be.

Dont forget about mararagi.

Mara is a different case. He got hype on episode 1

Ah. Whatevs.

Also tried getting into Lagann, didn't jive.

Don't worry about it, they may overwhelm you nonstop with gurren and waifu talk, but you've got non-creepy frienders here too.

Just remember to stay strong and don't give into peer pressure, they'll try to get you into crack everyday.

Xiraiya

I gave it 8 episodes before quitting, which then obviously it stopped me from doing so, and then just watched the whole thing.
Viral's dream sequence was probably my favorite moment

Pretty decent series, I think people get carried away with it though.

Lately I've been watching and enjoying Psycho Pass 2 a great deal.

Alfebit

Banned
Don't worry about it, they may overwhelm you nonstop with gurren and waifu talk, but you've got non-creepy frienders here too.

Just remember to stay strong and don't give into peer pressure, they'll try to get you into crack everyday.

Aw man, why you gotta throw us under the bus like that?

I gave it 8 episodes before quitting, which then obviously it stopped me from doing so, and then just watched the whole thing.
Viral's dream sequence was probably my favorite moment

Pretty decent series, I think people get carried away with it though.

Lately I've been watching and enjoying Psycho Pass 2 a great deal.

How is it compared to season 1? Was a big fan of season 1. My friends have said it feels different, and takes itself a bit more seriously than it should.

Xiraiya

How is it compared to season 1? Was a big fan of season 1. My friends have said it feels different, and takes itself a bit more seriously than it should.

I think it's about the same as Season 1 overall, it's a little different because the scope of everything has become much larger, it's way more intense and focuses less on personal dynamics between characters, some really fucked up things have happened, but overall I feel it's pretty consistent, or well, consistent enough.

Figured I'd try something new, after we all shared pics of ourselves a couple OTs back. This came about late last night as I was bored and tidying up my desk, what with it now facilitating three consoles at once.

Time for another round of peer pressure, post your fucking desk/gaming area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom