• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut. Framerate is just as shitty as people said it was, everything's weird as I remember, and I am meitculously scouring every corner of the opening level for breakables and Agent Honor.

Squishy3

You might want to say that has spoilers for the ending of Part 3: Stardust Crusaders.

WWHD looks a lot better on an actual TV and in motion, the bloom effect isn't anywhere near as annoying when playing it compared to screenshots. That and the Triforce Hunt restructuring and other gameplay changes make it the definitive version of Windwaker.

croten

You might want to say that has spoilers for the ending of Part 3: Stardust Crusaders.

WWHD looks a lot better on an actual TV and in motion, the bloom effect isn't anywhere near as annoying when playing it compared to screenshots. That and the Triforce Hunt restructuring and other gameplay changes make it the definitive version of Windwaker.

I should be getting the WW Wii U bundle on my Birthday.

Squishy3

It's fiiiine. It gets referenced everywhere nowadays
I know there are definitely people who haven't watched any of Jojo's or are experiencing part 3 for the first time in here who might not know about it. It's effectively a 20 year old spoiler, but let's be nice for those people.

Part 3 ending spoilers:
People who haven't watched will just be like the guy watching Ippo right now is just waiting for the hype shit to happen and will be like "WHEN DO DIO AND JOTARO STOP TIME" and they'll be watching the entire series waiting for it to happen. The entire buildup to the Dio fight relies on the fact that his stand is a mystery and makes Kakyoin's reveal of Dio's stand ability have way less of an impact than it normally would.

OMG that Speed Sail cut out 10 hours of my original playtime from GC days.

But that addition also showed me how weak the open water concept is.

It was too empty for it's own good. Same with SS.

360pages

I know there are definitely people who haven't watched any of Jojo's or are experiencing part 3 for the first time in here who might not know about it. It's effectively a 20 year old spoiler, but let's be nice for those people.

Part 3 ending spoilers:
People who haven't watched will just be like the guy watching Ippo right now is just waiting for the hype shit to happen and will be like "WHEN DO DIO AND JOTARO STOP TIME" and they'll be watching the entire series waiting for it to happen. The entire buildup to the Dio fight relies on the fact that his stand is a mystery and makes Kakyoin's reveal of Dio's stand ability have way less of an impact than it normally would.

T be fair, it's a sad fact that Dio's stand is a big as reference and none of the games even take an attempt to hide it.

Zenfalcia

Part 3 ending spoilers:

I agree. It's a lot better when you never knew, which is how I read it. It was fantastic, but once you do know it ruins the reveal.

T be fair, it's a sad fact that Dio's stand is a big as reference and none of the games even take an attempt to hide it.

That's probably because it's assumed everyone who cared already know, since it's an old series.

ultimax

I thought that scene was basically something everyone knew about, but it doesnt hurt to label it. It's literally everywhere on the internet lol
It's fiiiine. It gets referenced everywhere nowadays

Dat avatar tho

Every gameplay change is great and I still definitely say it's worth playing, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me, and it bugs me I'll never get a true defintive version with the improvements and without the lighting.

A lot of the character models look less cartoony and it makes me sad.
5623499218c48115e38bc99a9b7741a0_WiiU_ZeldaWW_scrn10_E3_1920x1080.f.jpg
9609964879_23c22fae57_o.png

croten

Every gameplay change is great and I still definitely say it's worth playing, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me, and it bugs me I'll never get a true defintive version with the improvements and without the lighting.

It looks fine to me.

Thanks for the energy guys. I managed to make it through the session without dying!

No meds, I haven't been to a doctor in a long time so I have to get some blood tests tomorrow before anything.

It's a 25 year old story in Japan, and Part 3 specifically was insanely popular there. I don't think we shouldn't try to not spoil JoJo Part 3 if we can avoid it, but the majority of people have given up.
It looks fine to me.

YOUR FACE
Nah, different opinions are fine. I'm nitpicky cause I really love the game.

Xiraiya

I don't like it fogging around Link like that, but I do really like the sky and lighting being that bright, just needs less of a glow effect.

Otherwise it's fine.

I got your back, while I love WWHD's aesthetics, they are very different to the OG WW style, so it'll of course have people who prefer the OG style.
I just wish we got that cut content, makes me feel like there will never be a truly definitive version aswell.

Plus the music remastering is a bit hit or miss, but eh.

-I love the new lighting system, seeing the ladder's shadow when you're climbing down at the beginning of the game felt magical.

Thanks for the energy guys. I managed to make it through the session without dying!

No meds, I haven't been to a doctor in a long time so I have to get some blood tests tomorrow before anything

So it was a psychologist or psychiatrist?

The first one doesn't prescribe pills.

Zenfalcia

I feel ashamed that I'm stealing these from the PersonaGAF... but no one made avatars for them yet and I don't have to downscale them for avatars .

I didn't think that the colors will be that effected tho. The bloom really takes it away.

It wouldn't be too hard for me to find some fan art..

On one hand some things look a lot better but many other things don't.

ultimax

Wow the gamecube version still looks really good. Too bad i never got to play it
I feel ashamed that I'm stealing these from the PersonaGAF... but no one made avatars for them yet and I don't have to downscale them for avatars .

I didn't think that the colors will be that effected tho. The bloom really takes it away.

Nah screw them, they dont deserve it. We're the real PersonaGAF

360pages

So who wants to read mindless action with a string plot connecting things together.

I actually wrote it to be the exact opposite of the other story I was writing, just because I didn't want to put any really stupid ideas in a more grounded story.

So who wants to read mindless action with a string plot connecting things together.

I actually wrote it to be the exact opposite of the other story I was writing, just because I didn't want to put any really stupid ideas in a more grounded story.

PM me! Ill read it on the way home.

It wouldn't be too hard for me to find some fan art..

On one hand some things look a lot better but many other things don't.
Yeah I know, but I just stumbled across it and it seems like a waste. I'll probably change back right before Christmas tho.

I'd think I'll settle with the Gamecube version.

Squishy3

It's a 25 year old story in Japan, and Part 3 specifically was insanely popular there. I don't think we shouldn't try to not spoil JoJo Part 3 if we can avoid it, but the majority of people have given up.
I just know there are people who wouldn't like to be spoiled on that because of the fact there's a new adaptation that's currently airing. I just don't want people to be spoiled on something that's more than half a year away. I know Guardian is going to start watching Jojo's soon, but I don't know if he knows or not.

Japan is fucking weird with spoilers, though. They spoiled a One Piece character death months before it ever actually happened, IIRC. Same shit with like the death of Superman or recently the death of Wolverine. Don't fucking call your comic the death of ______, people.

I had the Jojo spoiler we're talking about spoiled, but I also had no context for what Jojo actually was.

I just know there are people who wouldn't like to be spoiled on that because of the fact there's a new adaptation that's currently airing. I just don't want people to be spoiled on something that's more than half a year away.

Definitely, especially with the timing at this moment with people watching the anime. I just see where that huge brigade of longtime JoJo fans who've been talking about this shit for literally decades comes in.

As far as this thread/us/most other places. We should totally spoiler tag everything about JoJo, especially since we're trying to get people here to read/watch it still.
Edit: I quoted you 2fast.
I just wish we got that cut content,

Man that would've been so kickass.

Zenfalcia

Yeah I know, but I just stumbled across it and it seems like a waste. I'll probably change back right before Christmas tho.

I'd think I'll settle with the Gamecube version.

It's really up to you, since it's your avatar.

But you get notable upgrades in the HD version, like a faster sail and less to collect!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DmC sold like shit. They wouldn't, even if they did it won't be Ninja Theory

Ninja Theory currently has staff that is working on an unannounced project, including the combat designer of DmC. Hell Blade's development team is only comprised of maybe 8 people.

croten

Ninja Theory currently has staff that is working on an unannounced project, including the combat designer of DmC. Hell Blade's development team is only comprised of maybe 8 people.

Didn't they specifically say a while back that they aren't working on DmC?

then its time to enter asshole mode
just like when DmC season was here
Tameem deserves it though, him being an asshole and all

I feel like shit right now. The more I think about it, the more I'm convincing myself that it's DmC2.

We may have had our disagreements in the past, but there's no need to use these scare tactics on me.
They can't be that stupid... but they've proven multiple times that they can indeed be that stupid...

IT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

Stay strong brother, it'll be DMC5, and it will be glorious. If it's not then we'll all cry together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom