• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, you mean DeSu as in Devil Summoner. I thought you meant some animu thing.
I may pick it up, since I'm usually ok with a bit of grinding. Plus, from the screenshots, it looks like I won't have to navigate an awful overworld like in SMT4
Devil Survivor but w/e. For some reason, they use abbreviation that after the second one had an anime. I felt like there was a lack of atmosphere due to not having an overworld map like in the original.
They flat out say the moment, followed by the hashtag
Dang. Well best of luck trying to follow it. I need to get caught up in another series that will probably never end...
Fuck the Wheel of Time
Arclight, you might want to play some Touhou for a bit
Yeah!!! shillin Touhou. It feels alot better playing Touhou than BOI too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally gotten around to starting up Persona Q. Is it just me, or is the beginning/setup of the P3 path far more interesting than the P4?

You haven't even scratched the surface yet

Did you know that there is 2 more floors after you beat her the first time?
I am well aware that there is more shit after the first run, I owned the first game with the expansion for gods sake and knew there was more stuff there as well.

I just couldn't get through it a second time for whatever reason. Too many deaths and RNGesus having a grudge against me or something.

Anyway, did another run through of Arcade in the Xrd demo. Getting a better grasp of when to use different mechanics during fights. It feels good when you both understand how shit works AND you can easily execute it. Just gotta work more on my blitz shield timing.

sjay1994

Finally gotten around to starting up Persona Q. Is it just me, or is the beginning/setup of the P3 path far more interesting than the P4?

I decided to save P3 for the second playthrough... because their path looked more interesting.

Plus they have the better battle theme.

P3 music > P4

Zenfalcia

This is what happens when you accept the requests of people form your high school that YOU NEVER talked to in person.

You could unfriend then and make your friends list shorter and only people you care about.

Gotta shill all the games. I need an avatar that shows how much of a shill I am.
Oh yeah no don't. It would ruin a huge WHAT moment

I got some touhou art... I could help ;)

Yeah.. although small spoilers due to korra existing.. my fault really.

Also, Joose, I've played Touhou before and own Embodiment of Scarlet Devil & Perfect Cherry Blossom. Awesome games.

Though these days I've found I just play Stepmania or DJ Max Trilogy as my way to wind down from something instead of Touhou. Go rhythm games
and also my desire to play actual DDR again even though it's not feasible in my apartment
!

Well guys, today I beat P3P! Time for a huge wall of black bars!

Ok well, that game way as well have been called "Yuri Lowenthal and The Girl Who Voices Aigis + friends" Cause wow, I heard that mans sexy voice from what felt like every other male character. Hell, even the guy who turned out to be another part of the male protagonist was voiced by him! Which I felt was either just coincidence or a sly move on Altus' part.
Yeah, didn't kill Ryoji mainly cause I didn't want to miss on the what I thought would be the best part of that game, but WOW that winter break was boring! I would just spend my days/evenings at Chagall boosting my Courage since that seemed like the only thing I could do since nobody wanted to hang out.
And then onto the 31st. Jin and Takaya were chumps, period. Not even difficult. Also Nyxs first 11 Arcana were mostly tame.
My party consisted of Akihiko for debuffer/melee, Ken for healer/melee, Aigis for buffer and I just did whatever. That worked pretty well until Aki and Aigis ran out of MP, then out came the Somas I'd been stocking all game!
Once Nyx hit Death, shit got serious. She/He started using Dekunda/Takunda to remove our buffs/his debuffs so then it just turned into a DPS battle to finally kill it.
Also, the game turned into Majoras Mask for like 5 minutes, that was cool. Then you just float into the moon and straight up Naruto seal that shit away. Shinjis voice encouraging you also gave me good feelys.
And once I saw Great Seal costs all your HP but 1, I kinda realized what would happen. I actually avoided having the games ending spoiled for me, but after seeing that move and the overwhelming theme of accepting your own death (you shoot yourself in the head in every battle!), I sort of realized how the game would end.
Yeah, then Graduation Day. I now know what Liam meant about how you can rest your head on Aigis' lap... Of course it's a little weird in P3P since you "Close your Eyes" and the screen just goes white and Aigis says something then credits. No still shot or anything which felt a little jarring.
But 9/10 nonetheless. Only thing I didn't like is the first 4 or so months or the game are piss boring. Probably up until Shinji joins is the worst part of the game because nothing is going on and you can't S. Link the people in your party. Instead, have this dumb classmate who thinks hes in love with his teacher or a girl who can barely talk to guys.
But yeah, going to play it again as female again soon, since I saw there are different endings for second playthoughs.

I'm not playing The Answer.

sjay1994

You could unfriend then and make your friends list shorter and only people you care about.

I could.... or I could just talk to my actual friends through skype/PSN/steam/text etc and not use facebook at all

I haven't used it in months

Been playing Hyrule Warriors for a couple of hours and I keep wanting to play it more and more despite not actually enjoying it that much. Also Sheik and Impa are fucking awesome. Lana is garbage.
Your brain needs that musou crack

I might take you up on that in the future. I meant something more "look at me in the process of being a shill" like. Also yeah, spoilers because the thing exists and it just felt like slapping you in the face are really annoying.

Alfebit

Banned
I had a friend spoil
Toph being alive
about Korra. I was like "why would you do that" and they said it wasn't a spoiler. I mean it wasn't a HUGE spoiler but still

Damn, that sucks. I mean
it isn't ever really said she's not alive but that's still pretty bad. I mean even dickbag Nick spoiled it at the end of the trailer before Book 4 started.

Also, Joose, I've played Touhou before and own Embodiment of Scarlet Devil & Perfect Cherry Blossom. Awesome games.

Though these days I've found I just play Stepmania or DJ Max Trilogy as my way to wind down from something instead of Touhou. Go rhythm games
and also my desire to play actual DDR again even though it's not feasible in my apartment
!

I'm scared to get a dance mat, because I live on the top floor of my dormitory. I don't want to piss anyone with my sick DDR skills.

Zenfalcia

Kind of, it was just a story that didn't really delve too far into the comedy. It probably wouldn't take more than 10min to read it if you're interested.

Sure. I guess PM it and i'll read it later.

Ok well, that game way as well have been called "Yuri Lowenthal and The Girl Who Voices Aigis + friends" Cause wow, I heard that mans sexy voice from what felt like every other male character. Hell, even the guy who turned out to be another part of the male protagonist was voiced by him! Which I felt was either just coincidence or a sly move on Altus' part.
Yeah, didn't kill Ryoji mainly cause I didn't want to miss on the what I thought would be the best part of that game, but WOW that winter break was boring! I would just spend my days/evenings at Chagall boosting my Courage since that seemed like the only thing I could do since nobody wanted to hang out.
And then onto the 31st. Jin and Takaya were chumps, period. Not even difficult. Also Nyxs first 11 Arcana were mostly tame.
My party consisted of Akihiko for debuffer/melee, Ken for healer/melee, Aigis for buffer and I just did whatever. That worked pretty well until Aki and Aigis ran out of MP, then out came the Somas I'd been stocking all game!
Once Nyx hit Death, shit got serious. She/He started using Dekunda/Takunda to remove our buffs/his debuffs so then it just turned into a DPS battle to finally kill it.
Also, the game turned into Majoras Mask for like 5 minutes, that was cool. Then you just float into the moon and straight up Naruto seal that shit away. Shinjis voice encouraging you also gave me good feelys.
And once I saw Great Seal costs all your HP but 1, I kinda realized what would happen. I actually avoided having the games ending spoiled for me, but after seeing that move and the overwhelming theme of accepting your own death (you shoot yourself in the head in every battle!), I sort of realized how the game would end.
Yeah, then Graduation Day. I now know what Liam meant about how you can rest your head on Aigis' lap... Of course it's a little weird in P3P since you "Close your Eyes" and the screen just goes white and Aigis says something then credits. No still shot or anything which felt a little jarring.
But 9/10 nonetheless. Only thing I didn't like is the first 4 or so months or the game are piss boring. Probably up until Shinji joins is the worst part of the game because nothing is going on and you can't S. Link the people in your party. Instead, have this dumb classmate who thinks hes in love with his teacher or a girl who can barely talk to guys.
But yeah, going to play it again as female again soon, since I saw there are different endings for second playthoughs.

Which social links did you do and complete?

I could.... or I could just talk to my actual friends through skype/PSN/steam/text etc and not use facebook at all

I haven't used it in months

That could work too. why did you use facebook in the first place?

I might take you up on that in the future. I meant something more "look at me in the process of being a shill" like. Also yeah, spoilers because the thing exists and it just felt like slapping you in the face are really annoying.

It'll probably take a while.. since I have a lot saved. Why not both?

Yeah, but it's like the P4U spoilers, i should've expected them and it's my fault for not being caught up. Spoilers that people just tell you are awful.

Jman014

Damn, that sucks. I mean
it isn't ever really said she's not alive but that's still pretty bad. I mean even dickbag Nick spoiled it at the end of the trailer before Book 4 started.

Where did you get your Korra and Bolin avatars? Bolin seems cozy.

!
Ah alright, it might be because of how BoI controls and how enemies react that you're having trouble then
It would be super easy too. Just put bags of money down.
This might be an answer
Damn, that sucks. I mean
It was revealed in Book 3
I'm scared to get a dance mat, because I live on the top floor of my dormitory. I don't want to piss anyone with my sick DDR skills.
No do it anyways, they wouldn't pay attention or need sleep if they just got good

sjay1994

I kinda like the sly thing Atlus may or may not do with the dubbing since in P4
The protagonist and Adachi are the same voice actor
and in P3
Ryoji and the protag share the same voice actor

Kinda cool in a way since the
villain in those games is usually a part or dark reflection of the protagonist

So in P5 when you look at the VO's and you see
the MC also voices someone else, that other character is probably the bad guy

How come you have so much trouble at BOI then? The lack of slower movement?
It's more that I get a better grasp of a game that is set in a specific way than one that is randomized. If it wasn't that way, I probably would've decimated the original BOI long ago.

Though I don't admit to being any good at bullet hell games either, I'm more in it for the challenge and sensory overload until it passes a threshold where my playing ability falls apart.

ultimax

Mitsuru da bess
I felt like the Persona 3 party didnt need social links because they got great development within the actual story.

The persona 4 party member social links really dont add THAT much to them imo.

You should definitely do a female play through tho. and yeah the answer is kind of unnecessary, but it doesn't hurt to try it

edit- Goodwil is right, just watch it on youtube actually

Alfebit

Banned
Where did you get your Korra and Bolin avatars? Bolin seems cozy.

From this really cute fanart.
LgT6pJj.png
As you can see, I also have Asami
and boring Mako.

It was revealed in Book 3

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Ok the book 4 thing was
her showing up. My mistake.

Yeeeeaah, yeah, yeah yeeaaaah.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

So then you go through P4, then the Arena games, then Persona Q right?

360pages

I'm really liking the evil within playthough, but I can see it getting to me soon. Kind of like there was a time with Darksouls where I had to legit stop watching and watch another one of their playthough's because of what kind of game it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom