• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's not his fault jiggly puff want's to put her singing career before love.

GPtWUfz.png

Uhh, whatever floats your boat =P

QdLJwTx.png

360pages

I know.
No, don't do something like that. We'll find a time where we both can play. Don't change your daily routine just so we can play smash.
Vile is a bit of an overstatement and it's the logical end result of the things she went through and the things she has trouble dealing with. Her characterization is fine in Answer and she's a really good character. Not the most likable for sure, but certainly one of the best written.

My main problem is that it asked a question that never needed answering. The entire thing felt pointless because nothing really had change except Elizabeth and even then that could be explained in a paragraph dump at the start of arena.

Yukari is not a likable character true, and she is well written though they didn't need to push that point so much during the story.

they are nice, but things have been degrading a little bit since we've been having a bigger influx of new members that don't know the rules yet or just don't give a shit.
But me and the other mods got most of it under control.
Nobody appreciates me tho...

I'm not calling you mike-kun until you get a memorable avatar and get a tag.

You gotta earn your keep here bud.

i don't have a tag ;_;

And probably some of the men too.

Shulk IS a good looking dude though.

Alfebit

Banned
I heard mikami wanted to make a sci fi game like dead space or something and bethseda said no.

It seems he was making an open world sci fi game called Noah but that was canceled when they ran into some financial issues. That's when Zenimax bought them and they started making a game called Zwei which later became The Evil Within. It was supposed to be a co op game where you were chained to your partner but then Zenimax had them rework it into a single player AAA survival horror game.

Source: Polygon Interview.

Zenfalcia

I would go out every day during winter break and look for people, but dying guy would probably be the most impossible since he's only available on Sundays. On my second playthrough I should be able to get more since I won't have to worry about stat requirements. I never even started Fuukas, but I don't even care about her lol

Nah, the sunday one is easy compared to the others. Imo. Just prioritize him on sundays. Did you find anyone in the winter break? You missed arguably the best personas.. oh well..

they are nice, but things have been degrading a little bit since we've been having a bigger influx of new members that don't know the rules yet or just don't give a shit.
But me and the other mods got most of it under control.
Nobody appreciates me tho...
Well.. just because no one says anything doesnt mean no one appreciates you.. so do you plan on staying here for long? Or go between here and reddit?

So I heard you guys been talking smack about me on here...

ah my secret rival has made it to BestGAF,
I used to get the occasional first link on the subreddit until you showed up.
Welcome Mike.

I missed it earlier and I can't find my camera so a crappy phone photo will have to do but this is kinda my setup. Also I refuse to clean up for you guys
B4Dt4dzCUAABM80.jpg

55' Panasonic Plasma, WiiU, PS4, Purple Lunch Box, PS3 and 360 on the TV stand.
My computer is in the process of dying so I cannot put it in the compartment in the desk or else it overheats and gives up.
I've changed the thermal paste, cleaned everything out, re seated heatsinks and all that to no avail. Ubisoftit'sAMD'sfault.jpg
Labby and Aigis figmas on the desk, Fallout Lithograph above monitor.
Boxes are full of books, comics, DVDs and Games that I just don't have a place to put

I'm surprised I posted my setup and no one commented on the gameboy.

I used to carry it with me on campus in college and it was a great conversation starter.

It seems he was making an open world sci fi game called Noah but that was canceled when they ran into some financial issues. That's when Zenimax bought them and they started making a game called Zwei which later became The Evil Within. It was supposed to be a co op game where you were chained to your partner but then Zenimax had them rework it into a single player AAA survival horror game.

Damn, that sucks to not make the game you actually wanted to make.

mike0dude

Well.. just because no one says anything doesnt mean no one appreciates you.. so do you plan on staying here for long? Or go between here and reddit?

I don't know , probably pop in here whenever I feel like it, I have a lot of free time since I haven't been invited to become a Member of the Zaibatsu, It should happen any day now tho (it's most likely not happening...)

The co OP chained to partner idea would've been a cool idea, even for TEW.

Could've been a Saw gimmick.

I don't know , probably pop in here whenever I feel like it, I have a lot of free time since I haven't been invited to become a Member of the Zaibatsu, It should happen any day now tho (it's most likely not happening...)

You gotta compete with dork girl and Billy and James small tho.

You went on a date with woolie. That's closer then anyone else will ever get.

Zenfalcia

I hope you "enjoy" your stay, especially when it gets late ;)

Someday they'll need your help! Just believe it.

Nah, the sunday one is easy compared to the others. Imo. Just prioritize him on sundays. Did you find anyone in the winter break? You missed arguably the best personas.. oh well..

I dunno, I got a Gabriel about 5 levels higher than me from fusing and the ultimate persona of the Lovers by just double fusing, so I think I did ok. I don't think I found anyone in winter break, that shit was filled with so much nothing it was mind boggling.

Zenimax and their amazing decisions, people. Shame about Noah though, I'm actually a little upset now that I'll never be able to buy a game with my name on it.

Zenfalcia

I texted him Happy birthday too... we are basically BFF now

You didnt even get him a gift? Wow.. you made a huge mistake. What a terrible friend
er

I dunno, I got a Gabriel about 5 levels higher than me from fusing and the ultimate persona of the Lovers by just double fusing, so I think I did ok. I don't think I found anyone in winter break, that shit was filled with so much nothing it was mind boggling.

You screwed up then. You have to be able to find people during the break. It worked for me. Did you reverse anyone's s. Link. That might've caused them to change locations.

So the real question, how do you all think of Arena and Ultimax as Sequels to Persona 3 and 4?
At least in terms of Arena, it was pretty weak since it was only the introduction to Labrys.

Ultimax was better than Arena, but only seems to a setup for future events which kept me interested.

I texted him Happy birthday too... we are basically BFF now

You get that D!

I can't follow all this crossover lore. I know the Gaf lore but now I need to know the Reddit lore too?
What? Tell me more!

Wait, what?

Mike said he had a ticket of guardins or something and he invited woolie and he said yes. At least thats what I think happened, they mentioned it on some podcast months ago.

That Persona 4 is just an RPG spin off of Ultimax

Ultimax is just a spin off of dancing all night.

360pages

Ultimax is a little more interesting since most of it takes place in a distorted real world rather than just the TV world again.

That and it feels like more stakes are on the line.

Yeah, Labrys's story is pretty grim.... but the rest of it isn't good.

Wonder if ultimax is any good... I have a copy, but no Ps3 to play it on.

I've only played the P4 side but it is a hell of a lot better than Arena's simply because you do not play the same story 12 times with slight variants.

You didnt even get him a gift? Wow.. you made a huge mistake. What a terrible friend
er

You screwed up then. You have to be able to find people during the break. It worked for me. Did you reverse anyone's s. Link. That might've caused them to change locations.

Pretty sure all the people I could meet during winter break I had already maxed their S links or didn't have the requirements to start them. I only reversed Nozomi's once and it leveled up anyway at the end of the event so I guess not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom