• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm super salty guys. Less than 4 hours of sleep and I need to go to school to do school work. I better hear about Shenmue anything tonight.
IPu9lxT.gif

Saved for later use
hopefully not

Xiraiya

Meanwhile I'm thinking about getting Ultimate Ninja storm, I don't really want to get into any fighting series that you have to invest time in unless I can make a character basically, I enjoy stuff like that more when it's my own thing.

madara_meteor_by_celebrei-d5wgjjk.gif

tumblr_mu0nrnXCAs1se015qo1_500.gif

How do you get a tan if you're wearing a full body hoody all the time? and you live underground?

It's best not to question races in Japanimation. They never make sense and clearly black people can just be regular Japanese people if they say so and they very often do.

Speaking of fighting games

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/

I wonder if it's going to have all of the costume dlc. There was a shit ton on the console version.

With Japanese games on PC, it's like a flip of a coin, you never know if it'll be great or the worst garbage juice ever. Plus, it won't even have multiplayer on launch, so I can't imagine it'll be a stellar port. And according to the requirements, you don't even need a GPU to play! It's the GOAT!

I'm disappointed Street Fighter V looks so similar to IV. I guess the lore they established in 3rd scares them or something.

I'm also disappointed they didn't just 'shop this:
230px-Street_FIghter_II_V_title_card.PNG

Xiraiya

I don't know about you guys, but I've never felt like the Xbox ever needed to exist, when the first Xbox came out, I thought the fact it existed was iffy, that was in 2002 and I was 13, even then to my "babby" eyes it just looked like money grubbing, that they had no real reason for doing that, and I felt like it would probably just go away eventually, Nintendo, Sony and PC games are what's always been there for as long as I can even remember.

So when the Xbox came out, I thought the first Halo was actually pretty cool, but every game I played that wasn't Halo felt like bad bootlegs of things I had already played on other consoles, so the Xbox has always seemed a bit "Alien" and out of place in console gaming, and also something I saw as "temporary", I still haven't been able to shake that feeling 2 consoles later.

Didn't Xbone have a good run the last couple on months?
Or am I mistaken?

I don't know about you guys, but I've never felt like the Xbox ever needed to exist, when the first Xbox came out, I thought the fact it existed was iffy, that was in 2002 and I was 13, even then to my "babby" eyes it just looked like money grubbing, that they had no real reason for doing that, and I felt like it would probably just go away eventually, Nintendo, Sony and PC games are what's always been there for as long as I can even remember.

So when the Xbox came out, I thought the first Halo was actually pretty cool, but every game I played that wasn't Halo felt like bad bootlegs of things I had already played on other consoles, so the Xbox has always seemed a bit "Alien" and out of place in console gaming, and also something I saw as "temporary", I still haven't been able to shake that feeling 2 consoles later.

The Xbox and MS is the market that serves the US the most, especially with western devs.

I'd imagine MS is spending a ton of cash to keep Xbox afloat just to say that, so I'm glad the US has a say in video games now, but Microsoft shouldn't be wasting their monopoly on video games IMO.

I've never cared about the Xbox specifically. With OG Xbox I thought it had nothing but shitty games, then those games became what games are, so that sucks, but when the 360 came out I didn't care either, then Tales of Vesperia was on it so I hitched to that wagon, then switched to PS3 when it became clear that it was the place for animu and not the 360 like I was promised, and now the Xbone and PS4 feel virtually the exact same except that PS4 has games I actually want to play.

Xbox could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

Xiraiya

I've never cared about the Xbox specifically. With OG Xbox I thought it had nothing but shitty games, then those games became what games are, so that sucks, but when the 360 came out I didn't care either, then Tales of Vesperia was on it so I hitched to that wagon, then switched to PS3 when it became clear that it was the place for animu and not the 360 like I was promised, and now the Xbone and PS4 feel virtually the exact same except that PS4 has games I actually want to play.

I pretty much feel the same way, I almost wish it would just because I feel like the 2 or 3 games I really want to play on XBONE are ones that really either belong on Playstation or a Nintendo console anyway, but I'd settle for KI on PS4 definitely.

Not to mention the "Xbox culture" feels like the result of combining the worst PC players and the worst kind of console gamers into one community.

Aw yiss. I modded up Planetscape Torment and it looks rad (read: better) now. Can't wait to dive in after exams end this Wednesday.

So what you're saying boils down to that you didn't grow up with it and had/have no feelings towards it's exclusive library. The PS2 dominated that gen, and the GameCube was an array of ninty staples and niche classics.

I pretty much feel the same way, I almost wish it would just because I feel like the 2 or 3 games I really want to play on XBONE are ones that really either belong on Playstation or a Nintendo console anyway, but I'd settle for KI on PS4 definitely.

Not to mention the "Xbox culture" feels like the result of combining the worst PC players and the worst kind of console gamers into one community.

Admittedly, I didn't know or care about framerates and graphical parity and things like that pre-Xbox, and I know PC gamers do, so that is more to your point.

But there has always been a bit war competition between console owners, going far back to the intellivision and the colecovision and the Atari 2600-7800.

Xiraiya

So what you're saying boils down to that you didn't grow up with it and had/have no feelings towards it's exclusive library. The PS2 dominated that gen, and the GameCube was an array of ninty staples and niche classics.

Not ever, there has been almost nothing remotely interesting aside from Halo and one or two other things I'm forgetting that the Xbox had that have ever made me think "Yes this console should exist".

Even then, Halo's more enjoyable on PC anyway, and I had both a PS2 and a Gamecube and did borrow a friend's Xbox for a time, so I had a decent length of time where all 3 of the consoles were immediately available to me.

There is a timeline somewhere where the Dreamcast succeeded along side PS2 and Gamecube and the Xbox never became a thing, but someone deliberately traveled back to ruin the Dreamcast and somehow it got replaced by the Xbox.
I never cared about the Dreamcast but it felt more natural for it to be a thing than the Xbox.

it feels like a Shift. like last gen it was Xbox 360 but now its PS4. I feel like its the PS2 all over again.

it feels like a Shift. like last gen it was Xbox 360 but now its PS4. I feel like its the PS2 all over again.

The thing that's weird about last gen, is that the 360 was just generally better for most of the generation. Like, every aspect was better, sure games like Uncharted could look better, but every multiplat looked and ran the same, but the online and general usability of the 360 was way better. Then, halfway they were pretty equal, but 360 still had better online stuff and the apps and everything were all still there. Then, near the end, PS3 just became the better console and I don't even know exactly when. There were more exclusives, PS+ was fantastic, online shit got way better, they fleshed out their downloadable shit to have a bunch of classic games, as where 360 kept dropping support for previous gen games and their interface got worse as time went on.

It's so weird that it went from one clearly being better in so many ways, then the tables just turning out of nowhere.

Arguing that the Xbone shouldn't exist at this point in its life is like arguing a year and a half ago that the Wii U shouldn't exist. Sure, it still doesn't have much, but you have to keep in mind that it was basically considered a joke until not that long ago. It's gonna get games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom