• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the game awards and the sony thing, the true game of the generation just got annoucend

Miley-haha-no.gif

A real american hero.

And a real human being

That's not general advice though. It's specific to you.

I don't disagree. All of this is completly subjective.

ultimax

Is it wrong that I don't like 3rd party games?

A lot of what I see now are sandbox games that are clones of Arkham City or Assassin's Creed. Every AAA First Person Shooter looks too much like COD. Also I got really fucking tired of games being fucking broken on day 1.

All I want a PS4 for is Bloodborne and that is not enough to drop for a console.
No P5? Phantom pain? Silent hills? Final fantasy?
Not every 3rd party game is batman or ass creed

Damn.

If anyone else catches a sweet ass Wii U deal please PM it to me. Really looking to buy one but I refuse to pay full price.

The 299 Super Mario 3d world/new super mario bros deal is a really good package deal.

I paid a little less just for the Wind Waker HD package and I just got a digital copy.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Welp, think I've found my new "MUST HAVE IT" game. Caladrius Blaze, or "Someone got Senran Kagura in my bullet hell shmup!".

Also the character designs are by the Durarara!/SMT Devil Survivor guy. So that's a bonus (I like his style).

Also, warning: Kinda lewd.

Gameplay video

ultimax

I can get P5 and Phantom Pain on my PS3. I will wait and see with Silent Hills.

However Square has broken my heart too many times for me to be interested in FF
It's whatever floats your boat honestly, but I do agree with the wii u not being great as a primary

That's just my opinion tho

Welp, think I've found my new "MUST HAVE IT" game. Caladrius Blaze, or "Someone got Senran Kagura in my bullet hell shmup!".

Also the character designs are by the Durarara!/SMT Devil Survivor guy. So that's a bonus (I like his style).

Also, warning: Kinda lewd.

Gameplay video
Man they have the same character designer as Devil Survivor and Digimon Re: Digitize... I might wanna pick it up...

edit: Ok I saw the clothing ripping off now... Still want it..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man they have the same character designer as Devil Survivor and Digimon Re: Digitize... I might wanna pick it up...

edit: Ok I saw the clothing ripping off now... Still want it..

I don't even mind the clothes thing. Sure, it's unnecessary, but whatever. Game looks amazing.

I will say there's a *small* chance this could come to the US. It's developed by Moss, and UFO Interactive has brought over some of their games in the past (most notably the Raiden games). Emphasis on "small", though. Small enough to where I'm still REALLY considering importing it.

Shackzam

I'm kinda regretting buying a WiiU over a ps4 right now... just a bit, but damn.

On a less depressing note, anyone up for PS3 Skullgirls? I know you guys are mostly on PC with that game, but there's gotta be one or two of you right? Fight my Cerebella!
Are you still online?. I'll fight ya.

Fuck I wish I could understand any of that
It seems really playable even if you don't understand any of the lore.
I don't even mind the clothes thing. Sure, it's unnecessary, but whatever. Game looks amazing.

I will say there's a *small* chance this could come to the US. It's developed by Moss, and UFO Interactive has brought over some of their games in the past (most notably the Raiden games). Emphasis on "small", though. Small enough to where I'm still REALLY considering importing it.
Yeah it does. I can kinda understand, I need my niche awesome schmups/games

It's whatever floats your boat honestly, but I do agree with the wii u not being great as a primary

That's just my opinion tho

Maybe it's because I'm a frugal gamer, but what does it mean that a console isn't a good primary?

It might be me growing older or something, but there are way too many games that come out that would complicate my choices for a current gen console plus a secondary console.
I can only handle one at a time. Even buying the Wii U after there are so many games I want to complete on 360 that took a ridiculous deal for me to pull the trigger on Wii U.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It seems really playable even if you don't understand any of the lore.

Yeah, the only language barrier gameplay-wise seems to be the two "Mission" stages that have specific objectives, and from the video the objectives seem self-explanatory enough that you don't actually need to be able to read them.

350x700px-LL-b0fdcfe4_280ukd5.gif

Dude, register your console with DDP and Club Nintendo!

You have one month left of the free swag from them.

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do;jsessionid=40C47CDE09DF6941E7BBF935036A93B4

Good looking out, Doc, a friender is a friend indeed.

I'd kill to find a deal like that right now.

I don't suppose it's online anywhere.

Nah, buddy works at walmart and let me in on his 25% off holiday credit.

Are you still online?. I'll fight ya.

Give me one second...

GGs Romars. I'll let Shack fight you for now.

That was super hype man, I gotta learn me some of those long Cerebella combos.

Maybe it's because I'm a frugal gamer, but what does it mean that a console isn't a good primary?

It might be me growing older or something, but there are way too many games that come out that would complicate my choices for a current gen console plus a secondary console.
I can only handle one at a time. Even buying the Wii U after there are so many games I want to complete on 360 that took a ridiculous deal for me to pull the trigger on Wii U.

I agree with this. Just don't have the time or money to play games on multiple consoles.

A Wii U is great since there are already 10+ good games I want on it + there is a little breathing room between major Wii U releases. Normally that would be a bad thing for a console to have smaller library but since I do not game as much as I used to, I am okay with it.

I might as well make a list :p

Smash Bros Wii U
Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D Land
NintendoLand
Wonderful 101
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros U + Luigi U
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
Captain Toad: Tresure Tracker

I NEEEED the lore though
After the events of Digimon RE:Digitize, Wargreymon destroyed file island and created a rift in digital dimensional vortex which created chicks who get their clothes ripped off due to bullets. Once they are fully naked, they die of embaressment.
Is that fake lore good enough for you to import it?
Im fairly certain it is. Must have just been the connection, I don't think I got a single full combo.
Alright thats good to know.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And seriously, you throw any game at me that has bright, multi-colored bullets flying at you in geometric patterns, and I'll basically give you my wallet. Hnnnnng.

Great character designs and lewdness certainly are a bonus.

Also the upcoming Wii U list is great:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Woolie World
Zelda Wii U
Star Fox U
Pokken Tournament
SMT x FE

Hopefully that last one is not cancelled

I agree with this. Just don't have the time or money to play games on multiple consoles.

A Wii U is great since there are already 10+ good games I want on it + there is a little breathing room between major Wii U releases. Normally that would be a bad thing for a console to have smaller library but since I do not game as much as I used to, I am okay with it.

The main pull for me was instant access to the Wii library(backward compatibility is my weakness) and the old VC library, so I can still game with the old Wii library plus the Wii U and VC library.

If the Wii U also accepted Gamecube discs, I'd be in Nintendo heaven. And you fools would get bodied in Def Jam Vendetta!!!!

After the events of Digimon RE:Digitize, Wargreymon destroyed file island and created a rift in digital dimensional vortex which created chicks who get their clothes ripped off due to bullets. Once they are fully naked, they die of embaressment.
Is that fake lore good enough for you to import it?

Perfect. This money in my wallet sure isn't though

Emouse

Also the upcoming Wii U list is great:

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Woolie World
Zelda Wii U
Star Fox U
Pokken Tournament
SMT x FE

Hopefully that last one is not cancelled

Splatoon also, I'll be interested to see if Pokken even makes it out of japan