• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bloodBorne? (it's the only game I actually want a ps4 for)

If Pat and Woolie don't end up LPing it, I guess I'll be buying a Budget PC good enough to play it.

I can't use a PS4 for much, but I can sure use a PC for work and personal stuff.

Edit:FUCK! Sony's got me by the balls now. I'm gonna end up with a PS4 =/

Okingjrr

I wouldn't trust old gen versions of big ambitious current gen games.

Have you guys seen the PS360 versions of Mordor? Shit's pretty rough, buggy and not pretty to look at.

P5 I'd give a chance but I can't allow myself to experience MGS V on an old gen system.

ultimax

On PS3, and isn't particularly limited by tech anyway, as evidenced by P3 and 4.
On every system under the sun. Probably released on PC sometime.
Will believe it when I see it.
I know these aren't directed at me, but I can't help but answer them.
I was talking about those games not being on wii u, if that was your only console lol. Perhaps I should of worded myself differently, but I'm trying to say personally, I'd feel like I'd be missing out on too much if I only had a wii u. Just an opinion.

mike0dude

If Pat and Woolie don't end up LPing it, I guess I'll be buying a Budget PC good enough to play it.

I can't use a PS4 for much, but I can sure use a PC for work and personal stuff.

It's ps4 exclusive tho...
And I already have a decent enough PC to run most of the new games that come out ,albeit with some minor graphical bugs because i suck at optimizing my graphic settings...

Have you guys seen the PS360 versions of Mordor? Shit's pretty rough, buggy and not pretty to look at.
They gutted the fucking Nemesis system from those versions. I heard that and it immediately signaled to me that version of the game wasn't worth it.

And to a lesser extent, I'd say Guilty Gear Xrd as well, based on what I've seen of the PS3 version now that it's out in Japan. Even if gameplay is identical, I want the better looking version of the thing as that's the part that sold me on this game in the first place.

It's being developed with help from Sony, same as Demon's Souls. I'm surprised you didn't expect that.

If you see the Japan Studio logo anywhere in a game's trailer/startup screens, it's never going anywhere but Playstation.

I wouldn't look for a port at all, and even if there was one I would look for it for at least 2-3 more years.

Wishful thinking then, I forgot Dark Souls 1 and 2 are multi platform games and didn't involve Sony.

Persona 5's been confirmed to be shown at the event, but we don't know if it's actually gonna be anything new or substantial.
To be fair, Japan is only recently noticing how big the PC market is so it'd be a bit silly to not release it there as well after a few years if the demand is there for it.

I mean look at Metal Gear.

Metal Gear is Konami, not Sony itself. I doubt Sony would never lose an exclusive like this, even years down the line .

Okingjrr

I'd get it on PC, but it's worth pointing out that Ground Zeroes is the best way to know how MGSV is gonna look on PS3/360.

That comes out in two weeks on the PC... Oh boy, hot diggity!

Not necessarily, Kojipro could've upgraded the visuals in TPP. But they would be minor details.

Oddly MGS1 received a port to PC.

The PSX and PS2 era PC market was just tiny. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are on PC too. Konami has made a good number of PC ports.

Get excite dude!
I'm aware, but Sony can look at places like Konami and see if they're having any success in the PC market. They'd be fools to not jump on the opportunity to make more money.

S'all I'm saying.

I think they bank on the hardware sales more, but I see what you mean.

I wish MS would do that.

Persona 5's been confirmed to be shown at the event, but we don't know if it's actually gonna be anything new or substantial.

Metal Gear is Konami, not Sony itself. I doubt Sony would never lose an exclusive like this, even years down the line .

I'm aware, but Sony can look at places like Konami and see if they're having any success in the PC market. They'd be fools to not jump on the opportunity to make more money.

S'all I'm saying.

Oh shit, does it? I totally forgot.

MY 970 NEEDS TO GET HERE SOON THEN!

Buying GZ for the third time...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Exactly. It's pretty silly to assume or even hope for a Sony-owned IP to get a PC port. They aren't Microsoft. They don't have any stake in the PC arena at all. They'd only be cutting into potential console sales by releasing games on PC.

S'all I'm saying.

Would they make more money, though? Like I said, they'd be cutting into their potential console sales if they released games on PC, especially system sellers like Bloodborne.

ultimax

Persona 5's been confirmed to be shown at the event, but we don't know if it's actually gonna be anything new or substantial. .
The hardest part about P5 will be trying to resist listening to the battle theme once it gets leaked/ comes out in Japan first

wat...what...WHAT

must contain excitement

latest

The hardest part about P5 will be trying to resist listening to the battle theme once it gets leaked/ comes out in Japan first

I spoiled the PQ soundtrack for myself, I'm not sure if I can restrain myself for a whole new Persona game. I've been racking my brain imagining the soundtrack.

Bloodborne is gonna get some much play from me. Let's see some Uncharted 4 gameplay please, tho.

I love my PS4, and I'm a PC first guy.

Would they make more money, though? Like I said, they'd be cutting into their potential console sales if they released games on PC, especially system sellers like Bloodborne.

Not years down the line. They would have already maximized console sales and could then bring it to a brand new market with different consumers who for whatever reason don't already own a PS4.

The PSX and PS2 era PC market was just tiny. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are on PC too. Konami has made a good number of PC ports.

Quoting myself like an asshole, those SH ports are damn good by the way. I wanna get my hands on them. I really wish they still had the code so they could release them digitally on Steam.

ultimax

I spoiled the PQ soundtrack for myself, I'm not sure if I can restrain myself for a whole new Persona game. I've been racking my brain imagining the soundtrack.
I might literally die, SMT music in general is literally crack to me
But the best part is... we can guess who would be the English VAs by looking at the VA list of the past Persona games.
Johnny yong Bosch voices everyone in p5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom