• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other games they play are Smash and COD.

They're my older brothers. Oldest Is 7 years older than me and the younger is 4 years older than me.
Alright. Just try to make them not have have bad attitudes while playing...
But how far back will you go? Because by that logic chicken alpha has to be the very first "chicken" birthed by something before it or evolved from microscopic organism.
The first common ancestor came first I guess.

Zenfalcia

Uh question, why was pat yelling about Shakespeare?

Tldr; because of me and spoilers.

This traces back to how you define "Chicken". It originally was an animal that didn't resemble a chicken in any form.

but would that first "egg" by that first form be the first chicken egg? Or an egg that later became a bird then adapted to be more chicken like?

The first common ancestor came first I guess.
but that first ancestor came from an egg or evolved/mutated from some other animal/organism.

Anung

Un Rama
Guys, be honest with me. How bad is the Evil Within LP? I'm seeing a lot of, well, -rage-, over that dog boss fight. Is it just unwatchable or what? I'm seein DSP comparisons here.

It isn't unwatchable but I am finding it incredibly frustrating at times. Between Matt shit-talking and the mistakes/overthinking of simple things its hard not to be a little frustrated. I do understand though that its hard to be funny, talk to Matt and pay attention to the game enough to get the details that its throwing at you.

That is my honest 2 cents. Extra advice would be to upgrade your stamina so you can run for more than 3 seconds. In that wolf section alone it can help put a lot of distance between you and it.

but would that first "egg" by that first form be the first chicken egg? Or an egg that later became a bird then adapted to be more chicken like?
Now you're just arguing semantics. The genetic code in the offspring would be the same as the thing thst came out of it, unless mutations took place.

croten

Tldr; because of me and spoilers.

Something that was not quite a chicken birthed a chicken meaning the egg came before the chicken

Zenfalcia

Now you're just arguing semantics. The genetic code in the offspring would be the same as the thing thst came out of it, unless mutations took place.

I am. :p Mutations could happen.

Something that was not quite a chicken birthed a chicken meaning the egg came before the chicken

That could work. Maybe if two different but similar species mated and created the first "chicken" egg.

"I got a Perfect Shiny Metagross."

It's like another fucking language.

Now you know how I feel when you guys talk Persona.

Perfect means it has perfect IVs, or Individual Values. They go from 0 to 31. Shiny means it's an alternative color. Metagross is a badass Steel/Psychic, that has been getting the short end of the stick lately.

Zenfalcia

Now you know how I feel when you guys talk Persona.

Perfect means it has perfect IVs, or Individual Values. They go from 0 to 31. Shiny means it's an alternative color. Metagross is a badass Steel/Psychic, that has been getting the short end of the stick lately.

Per-so-na!

Really there's some dislike for that cool beast? Is it because of high number of fire pokemons/moves people carry?

Wouldn't he still be great with bullet punch? That stab really hurts.
Not really. Metagross prefers to set up. AgiGross still is pretty good, in UU.
Oh.. that sucks.. it's not even good for other stuff?
In UU, it is. I haven't been able to test out the Mega, but just by looking at the stats, I can see it getting banned.
What.

Have you not touched it's Mega yet? That thing is beastly. Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, and Ice Punch. All boosted by Tough Claws.
I saw it. It's pretty good.

Hopefully, only the Mega is pushed up from UU, because standard Metagross can not compete in OU anymore.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah but I'm either using a laptop with an I3 processor or a core duo with a R4350 graphics card. I'm not sure if its greater than or equivalent to what they recommend.

The PC version was released in 2008. 6 years ago.

Minimum specs:
CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or better
CPU Speed: 3 GHz
RAM: 512MB (Windows XP), 1GB (Windows Vista)
Video Card: GeForce 6600 with 256MB of VRAM (Shader Model 3 Required)
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 8 GB

Recommended specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 1GB (Windows XP), (2GB pre Windows Vista)
Video Card: GeForce 8600 with 512MB of VRAM
Sound Card: Yes
Free Disk Space: 8 GB

Bought my PS4/TLOU/GTA bundle off Amazon, because my plans to head to a brick and mortar didn't really pan out.

Much excite tho. It'll be my first time playing TLOU and I'll sell GTA for a neat $40.

ultimax

Bought my PS4/TLOU/GTA bundle off Amazon, because my plans to head to a brick and mortar didn't really pan out.

Much excite tho. It'll be my first time playing TLOU and I'll sell GTA for a neat $40.
Congrats! I hope you weren't spoiled on anything about the last of us. That game is great.

Alfebit

Banned

6WsmNFd.gif

Back from having thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, stuffing, and homemade lasagna. Shit was delicious.

Anyway, contemplating jumping on one of the PS4 games in the PSN Black Friday sale, specifically Second Son, but knowing how much money I've had to spend before hand, still a tad reluctant. It's nice that I've got BOI Rebirth through PS+, but I'd like a bigger game to go with it.

You know, with us all getting PS4s all of a sudden, I expect you fuckers to be jumping on Xrd when it comes out.

Ryhorn got an evolution? And it looks like THAT? Man, fuck Pokemon. I'mma just stick to my waifus and let these nerds train their ripoff Digimons.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Congrats!

I'm going to try to pick up a DLC code after black friday. I feel like a lot of people will be trying to pawn them off.

Archgan

Thread Catch-up
Papers please is great but very boring. Which is by design
I think I'm the weird guy but I didn't actually find it boring. I had fun screening people. Maybe that says a lot about me, but whatever.

It really throws me into a loop sometimes. Like
when gintoki tells um.. the girl to leave earth and go with her father
it surprised me since i thought it would turn out differently. It's fairly uncoventional with its twists. The ramen shop little arc in the early 30s-40s chapters was a great mix of humour and somberness. I also love how everything is at least referenced in a future chapter. I hate when some mangas just drop those "assets" and never revisit them.
I sorta recently went back and re-read Gintama and I was surprised by how many of the major recurring characters were introduced fairly early on. Gintama's cast of characters is my favorite thing about it.

The whole chicken and the egg argument really breaks down to whether or not you can retroactively call something a chicken egg. If the egg was laid by a non-chicken, you wouldn't call it a chicken egg. But if a chicken comes out of the egg, wasn't it a chicken egg?

Zenfalcia

Ryhorn got an evolution? And it looks like THAT? Man, fuck Pokemon. I'mma just stick to my waifus and let these nerds train their ripoff Digimons.

You're getting old jon-aaron. Those kids and their pokeymans are too young for you now.

I sorta recently went back and re-read Gintama and I was surprised by how many of the major recurring characters were introduced fairly early on. Gintama's cast of characters is my favorite thing about it.

The whole chicken and the egg argument really breaks down to whether or not you can retroactively call something a chicken egg. If the egg was laid by a non-chicken, you wouldn't call it a chicken egg. But if a chicken comes out of the egg, wasn't it a chicken egg?

It was a nice way to intro a giant cast early and keep them relevant.

Yep. Also, a ton of semantics :p

EVs and IVs always existed.. well not always.. but you get the point. You just never knew.

EVs and IVs have been in it from the start I think. Maybe not Gen 1

EVs are fine, but IVs are dumb unfun bullshit.

I don't even know anymore, guys, why aren't the games fun? Why is everything centered around the post game? Why is the actual game becoming nothing but an afterthought? It's depressing.

Ross did it, he finally got to xen in freemans mind.

Thread Catch-up

I think I'm the weird guy but I didn't actually find it boring. I had fun screening people. Maybe that says a lot about me, but whatever.
Yo papers please is amazing. Stamping papers will never be that fun.

I don't even know anymore, guys, why aren't the games fun? Why is everything centered around the post game? Why is the actual game becoming nothing but an afterthought? It's depressing.
It's actually the same thing it's always been. Gen 2 had a lot of the same mechanics. It's still a solid kids game with the most complicated insane game ever underneath.
But i like IVs...
Lemme correct myself, breeding is unfun tedious garbage. I like the idea that each Pokemon is an individual and has RNG stats.
It's actually 100GB because the 60FPS gives you double the game.
WOWEE GOSH GEE WILIKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom