• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slept through the PSE but I looked shit up immediately as I woke up.

I normally don't say this, but fuck you Square Enix. You're doing this FF7 shit on purpose now.

You are all stupid morons. Why would you think that anything other than exactly what this is was going to ever happen. They keep saying no remake.

mike0dude

FF1 is great, never played FF2 and FF3, FF4 is great but I got to it too late, FF5 kicks ass, FF6 is GOAT, FF7 is a landmark amazing game, FF8 is pretty good but horribly flawed, FF9 is classic and fantastic but not quite as good as 7, FFX is surprisingly great, FFX-2 I never gave the time of day, FF13 onwards fuck everything. Honorable mention to FFT for being a god damn classic, and Xenogears and Parasite Eve for being fantastic games that spun off of FF7 design ideas.

best FF game is Crystal Chronicles and you know it.

FF1 is great, never played FF2 and FF3, FF4 is great but I got to it too late, FF5 kicks ass, FF6 is GOAT, FF7 is a landmark amazing game, FF8 is pretty good but horribly flawed, FF9 is classic and fantastic but not quite as good as 7, FFX is surprisingly great, FFX-2 I never gave the time of day, FF13 onwards fuck everything. Honorable mention to FFT for being a god damn classic, and Xenogears and Parasite Eve for being fantastic games that spun off of FF7 design ideas.

Good man.

This man Knows!

When are we going to see you play Xenogears?? (I fucking wish)

croten

No mention of 12? I remember you saying something about the EU release or something in a podcast.

There you go. Somebody screenshot this so we can have a record to show to people.

Don't suppose you ever gave Crisis Core a shot?

Actually I did, that games surprisingly great.

No mention of 12? I remember you saying something about the EU release or something in a podcast.

I totally forgot about 12. That game is a shame. The original NA release is horribly flawed and clearly had Matsunos vision fucked up, but the International Release* dramatically improves the game in every way. I don't know how to feel about it.

But what about Mystic Quest?

Glad to hear it.

As for 12, that game ended up being a lot better than I was expecting it to be. My only gripe was that Vaan and Penelo served no purpose in the game. I wish I could just remove them from the game itself. Not using them in my party isn't enough.

croten

I totally forgot about 12. That game is a shame. The original NA release is horribly flawed and clearly had Matsunos vision fucked up, but the International Release* dramatically improves the game in every way. I don't know how to feel about it.

Was there two international versions? Because I didn't like the combat at all.

Xiraiya

I don't know, If FF7 was getting a remake, it would have happened by now, I feel like SE have mentioned how they didn't want to do it a whole bunch of times.

That PS3 Tech demo way back when really fucked everyone up on this remake business, which is funny because FF8 was the PS2 tech demo.
At most I would have expected maybe a HD edition that was basically the regular game in HD with PS2/Dissidia/Crisis Core style character models instead, since they have plenty of those assets already.

But never a full fledged FF game.

Tako

What was the game called with Valentine that came out for the PS2? I remember it being awesome with all the gunplay

croten

I believe they did mention that if X HD sold well enough and demand was high they'd do it.

I'd say both of those things happened.

They also said Chrono Triggr and TWEWY would get sequels if they sold well enough on mobile so I don't really trust SE that much

What was the game called with Valentine that came out for the PS2? I remember it being awesome with all the gunplay

Dirge of Cerberus

Squishy3

You don't fucking get the president of Square onstage to announce a PS4 version of FF7. It could have been 5 seconds of FFXV footage and it would have been a better use of everyone's time.

They probably could have changed the FF7 chibi models to the battle models with the money they spent making that trailer, flying the President over and paying for his food and lodging.

So while I was watching the Playstation Experience, I did another run in Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Defeated Mom's Heart.

I don't know if it's me getting better at Binding of Isaac in general or this game just gives you better items and shit to plow through levels. Either way, I ain't complaining. Pacing myself in between runs seems to help my performance.

Anung

Un Rama
I've been thinking about it a lot lately but I'd love it if they'd tackle anther old school Resident Evil. Rewatching the CVX and REmake videos really put me in the mood for it considering how passionate they are about it.

croten

So while I was watching the Playstation Experience, I did another run in Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Defeated Mom's Heart.

I don't know if it's me getting better at Binding of Isaac in general or this game just gives you better items and shit to plow through levels. Either way, I ain't complaining. Pacing myself in between runs seems to help my performance.

no your getting better. I managed to beat mum on my first run, most likely thanks to the 70+ hours I spent in vanilla

I've been thinking about it a lot lately but I'd love it if they'd tackle anther old school Resident Evil. Rewatching the CVX and REmake videos really put me in the mood for it considering how passionate they are about it.
I'd love some more Survival Horror love on the channel. My wet dream is to get more Silent Hill LPs.

Good job.

I'm plowing through the game now. Four straight broken ass runs. Pretty good.

You don't fucking get the president of Square onstage to announce a PS4 version of FF7. It could have been 5 seconds of FFXV footage and it would have been a better use of everyone's time.

They probably could have changed the FF7 chibi models to the battle models with the money they spent making that trailer, flying the President over and paying for his food and lodging.

ill just play the superior modded version of FF7
why even bother rebuying it for PS4?

Xiraiya

I made a post yesterday about a scenario where if I was in a position to do, I would remake the 3 PSX Final Fantasy main games as an experiment on PS4 using new Pre-rendering tech, and then have a bulk of the console's power go into amazing character and enemy models while keeping the game at a smooth 60 frames with Antialiasing and so on. Because I think that style of Final Fantasy with Pre-rendered backgrounds could be something truly wonderful to play even today

2KjQ07.jpg
Take Obisidian's Pillars Of Eternity for example, their pre-rendered backgrounds are unbelievable and look even better in motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom