• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does rebirth seem easier than the original?

Eh, not really. The game, now that it opened up, feels around the same difficulty. It's easier to get a good build, because most items synchronize together well, but still everything is based on how you play, and RNG.

Hard mode, and
The Lost
are bullshit, though. The Dark Room is also pretty bad, compared to the Chest, but The Lamb is a fucking god compared to The Blue Baby.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I beleive you have to mod in the old music if you don't want bad MIDIs or something, but it should be relatively easy to do so.

I believe they changed the music in an update. I don't have confirmation, but I remember reading that on GAF.

The PC version is pretty good, and a fine way to rekindle the fire from 17 years ago.

Wait, you need an origin account to play PvZ:GW on PS4? Welp looks like I'm not ever playing it.

Hahah, that's probably why it's free.

At least the other two titles aren't tied to Origin.

croten

Hey Pat if you're still here then I want to take the time to say fuck you. You made me play Baulders Gate again. You can fucking sell me on anything. :p

mike0dude

Hey Pat if you're still here then I want to take the time to say fuck you. You made me play Baulders Gate again. You can fucking sell me on anything. :p

He made me play FF XIV... and watch the wire, now I can't eat cherrios without seeing Omar's dick in my head.

I don't think the steam version of FF7 needs an SE account. The steam page says nothing about it.
qiaima.png

I made a post yesterday about a scenario where if I was in a position to do, I would remake the 3 PSX Final Fantasy main games as an experiment on PS4 using new Pre-rendering tech, and then have a bulk of the console's power go into amazing character and enemy models while keeping the game at a smooth 60 frames with Antialiasing and so on. Because I think that style of Final Fantasy with Pre-rendered backgrounds could be something truly wonderful to play even today

Take Obisidian's Pillars Of Eternity for example, their pre-rendered backgrounds are unbelievable and look even better in motion.

That... Sounds fucking awesome. Props.

Zenfalcia

Normal is, Hard is back to the vanilla difficulty

You can choose difficulties? Are there any benefits besides one is harder?

Eh, not really. The game, now that it opened up, feels around the same difficulty. It's easier to get a good build, because most items synchronize together well, but still everything is based on how you play, and RNG.

Hard mode, and
The Lost
are bullshit, though. The Dark Room is also pretty bad, compared to the Chest, but The Lamb is a fucking god compared to The Blue Baby.
Well, if you can dodge well you could git gud with any items given to you. It's bs even if you played the original isaac?

PC got it on steam sales a week ago. I got a ps3 and a wii U too.

This is your first time playing? You're in for a good time. If you want to crank resolution up there's an awesome mod (by a Gaffer named Durante) that unlocks resolution to go higher than 720p as well as other various visual fixes. I don't recommend the 60fps unlock since it messes with game physics.

If you're playing it right now on PC, it has horrible GFWL DRM, so have fun dealing with that- though it's being patched out soon, thank goodness.

mike0dude

This is your first time playing? You're in for a good time. If you want to crank resolution up there's an awesome mod (by a Gaffer named Durante) that unlocks resolution to go higher than 720p as well as other various visual fixes. I don't recommend the 60fps unlock since it messes with game physics.

If you're playing it right now on PC, it has horrible GFWL DRM, so have fun dealing with that- though it's being patched out soon, thank goodness.

I installed DSFIX and some textures so it doesn't look like shit, testing to see if the game shits itself right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom