• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat just made me buy and play DS1 now... wish me luck D:
Don't suck.
You can choose difficulties? Are there any benefits besides one is harder?

Well, if you can dodge well you could git gud with any items given to you. It's bs even if you played the original isaac?

You get an unlockable baby for Co-op. That's the only benefit you get for hard mode.

The gameplay is the same, and a broken run in normal is a broken run in hard. It's BS, because the game refuses to drop consumables, and the champion versions of enemies are simply different colored versions of enemies, with a slighter higher chance to drop items. It's irritating, and at times, feels like you're begging the game for a key.

The only good I see from this is that this teaches you that gambling is the easiest way to success, and that keys are way more important than bombs. Other than that, Normal feels fair enough.

croten

Don't suck.

You get an unlockable baby for Co-op. That's the only benefit you get for hard mode.

The gameplay is the same, and a broken run in normal is a broken run in hard. It's BS, because the game refuses to drop consumables, and the champion versions of enemies are simply different colored versions of enemies, with a slighter higher chance to drop items. It's irritating, and at times, feels like you're begging the game for a key.

The only good I see from this is that this teaches you that gambling is the easiest way to success, and that keys are way more important than bombs. Other than that, Normal feels fair enough.

Hard always felt more fair to me. Normal always seems like it's giving you too much shit. When I have three keys on the first floor I think it's a bit too much.

Don't suck.

actually you need to beat The Devil,Lamb,moms heart, etc on hard with The Lost to get the most broken item in the game Godhead

Zenfalcia

That cool, i guess? Co-op is always fun.

That just sounds like the old game, some runs you get no keys, other runs you get 2 skeleton keys and no use for them. Champions were always like that and also sometimes were slightly different, i believe?

Nah, both are equally important, i wonder if they kept the secret soul hearts boulders... And you've played the first game, right?

Hard always felt more fair to me. Normal always seems like it's giving you too much shit. When I have three keys on the first floor I think it's a bit too much.
My first couple of runs, I would have agreed with you, but there have been sometimes where I was given nothing. Hard seems to frequent on the nothing.
actually you need to beat The Devil,Lamb,moms heart, etc on hard with The Lost to get the most broken item in the game Godhead
I haven't put too much time in on The Lost, but he is a fun, yet infuriating character. Also, by the time you unlock him, you're probably always playing on Hard.
That cool, i guess? Co-op is always fun.

That just sounds like the old game, some runs you get no keys, other runs you get 2 skeleton keys and no use for them. Champions were always like that and also sometimes were slightly different, i believe?

Nah, both are equally important, i wonder if they kept the secret soul hearts boulders... And you've played the first game, right?
I played the orginal. It really doesn't feel the same to me, but in the original, it was slightly harder to manufacture consumables. Here, it seems like every item makes consumables more likely.

And tinted rocks are still there. Look carefully.

People just have opinions man :v

No
What
No
But I've lived my entire life under the assumption that I'm the only one who knows anything
Ummm wasn't Skyrim released in 2011? 2012 was a good year. My GOTY for 2012 would have to be Skullgirls... All that marvel hype!

Yeah, but I played like 600 hours of it in 2012, was what I was going for
Rebirth is my personal GotY and easily my favorite game this new generation. Opinions man.

I'm not trying to tell her she's wrong, I'm asking why

Zenfalcia

Sure... Why not? We should do more co op/vs games.

Dude.. Killing floor 2.. It'll be amazing..

I played the orginal. It really doesn't feel the same to me, but in the original, it was slightly harder to manufacture consumables. Here, it seems like every item makes consumables more likely.

And tinted rocks are still there. Look carefully.

Oh, ok. So there's new items making the game seem easier? Or just better drops?

I'll keep that in mind.

No. I'm a guy.

Croten is a guy confirmed.

Oh, ok. So there's new items making the game seem easier? Or just better drops?

I'll keep that in mind.
There are items that straight up remove challenge from the game. As great as they are, it does make me wonder on how the game was balanced, if those items were deem okay to be put in.

Zenfalcia

I wonder if KF2 still has the cheesy bad voice acting.

If they aren't british, i will be bloody pissed.

There are items that straight up remove challenge from the game. As great as they are, it does make me wonder on how the game was balanced, if those items were deem okay to be put in.

Who knows, it might be due to the community or just the team thinking it would be a good idea.
PS4 or PC? I'm really conflicted on both now...
Steam sales will always win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom