• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only took 40 minutes, but I beat the first clicker encounter by just punching everything.

I'm so good at videogames you guys don't even.
My clicker room went so poorly my first time in. About a half hour of frustration. However, in my first completed run, on the PS4, I breezed through that room.

Okingjrr

I'm doing this off the top of my head, so guide me if I'm wrong, but...

Another thing is that there are two types of crouching. Regular and slow. For regular, you just crouch and move forward. For slow, you have to move your cursor SLIGHTLY. Clickers can hear you crouching unless you crouch slowly!!

If you're playing on PS4, you can stream it and I can see what you're doing wrong.

Doing it regularly only fucked me up in the underground sewers while playing at normal difficulty. Other than that, I would go through them in a breeze. It must only be the case when you play the game on the harder difficulties.

You should stream it.
I wonder if the lowest quality would work on this internet...
I'm doing this off the top of my head, so guide me if I'm wrong, but...

You're talking about the first time you encounter one in front of a desk as you're with Ellie and Tess, right? Just throw the bottle where you want the enemy to go (opposite of where you're going) and just slowly crawl away. In general, using those items as distraction when there are multiple enemies present isn't such a fantastic idea. Enemies will be alerted and more careful and enemies that are standing still will start moving. The very first area with a clicker and multiple human enemies is actually a bit different to fully stealth. It's far better to stand somewhere behind cover, check their pathing and stealth kill them one by one when they're walking away from you. You can't kill clickers without a shiv, so be careful.

However, if there is only one enemy you want to distract, try to be behind a cover that is in between the enemy and the place you want him to go. That is to say, try to stealth kill them while they're walking towards the spot (so go towards them once they pass your hiding spot and you know for sure you can walk up to them without being seen), not after they've reached it as once they do, they can turn in an irregular manner.

Another thing is that there are two types of crouching. Regular and slow. For regular, you just crouch and move forward. For slow, you have to move your cursor SLIGHTLY. Clickers can hear you crouching unless you crouch slowly!!

If you're playing on PS4, you can stream it and I can see what you're doing wrong.
Aha! Okay, trying to use distraction items with groups is what was getting me. Thanks a ton. The rest of your points are also super helpful.

Here is what the counter looks like:

RqAEyBs.jpg

Wanna see more?

I'm dumping points in strength so I guess a strength build.

IDontKnowWhatImDoing.jpg
I'm too lazy to look up stuff on the game and am experiencing it blindly.

I could recommend some things, or let you go in pure blind.

I went in pure blind with a deprived build, but I suck at this game. You'll be most likely much better than me, but I know some things that'll help you.

Your call.

Alfebit

Banned
So does anyone want to see pics of my once lovely apartment that has been destroyed by my racist heroin addict roommate?

Damn, sounds ruff. Why do you live with someone like that?

I wonder if the lowest quality would work on this internet..

Go for it.

O its bad alright. I'll give you sample

Edit: let me upload it to imugur

Not as bad as I was expecting. Looked really messy but I was expecting holes in the walls and smashed shit.

Zenfalcia

Humbling Bundle makes every consumable that can be bundled off, keys, red hearts, bombs, and pennies, bundled. One penny becomes two. One key becomes two. Crazy good.

Contract from Below doubles every single room drop in the run. If a room was supposed to drop one bomb, it now drops two. What about a random golden chest? Enjoy two.

They make consumables toys if you get them.

Oh, so combination of stuff breaks the game. Makes sense, they probably didn't care about balancing since it's pve

Okingjrr

I could recommend some things, or let you go in pure blind.

I went in pure blind with a deprived build, but I suck at this game. You'll be most likely much better than me, but I know some things that'll help you.

Your call.

Recommend away!
I'm not perfect at the game and spend a lot of time on my encounters, nothing amazing.
Though I'm really happy that a Dark Souls newbie like me got to beat the boxart knight on my first try.

Oi that's pretty bad. good luck with him i guess?

Well that's a shitty situation, what is that he spilled? out of curiosity have you ever read about Joe's old place?

I had complained to management and they told me I should stay out while they talk to him. I had complained that he was gross, made racists comments, attempted to have sex in our common area, and I learned that he has used heroin and may still be using.

He was supposed to be gone and the apartment yesterday the place relatively clean when I came back.

They also had an altercation with him yesterday when he would not relinquish his keys and they had to change locks.

EDIT: That is paint on the floor. Why the flying fuck is there paint on my floor

So to you P2:IS people, I'm at
the abandoned factory
and I haven't made a persona yet. Should I have at this point? Because it really seems like I can get away with the starters so far. Also YOOOOOOOOOOO
KATSUYA AND MAYA'S APARTMENT
. But yeah, should I be contacting more? I tried to cut back since I did it too much in P1 at first and messed up my exp then had to fix it.
Lisa best girl

Oh, so combination of stuff breaks the game. Makes sense, they probably didn't care about balancing since it's pve
Actually, it's a lot more balanced than the original. A lot of the auto win items of the original got nerfed, and a lot of the really bad items got a buff. There are some odd ones, like Brimstone's buff, but overall, game seems a lot more balanced character wise.

Consumables aren't, but what are you going to do.

Recommend away!
I'm not perfect at the game and spend a lot of time on my encounters, nothing amazing.
Though I'm really happy that a Dark Souls newbie like me got to beat the boxart knight on my first try.
Did you parry that sucka? If not, reset.

Not a real victory...

So to you P2:IS people, I'm at
the abandoned factory
and I haven't made a persona yet. Should I have at this point? Because it really seems like I can get away with the starters so far. Also YOOOOOOOOOOO
KATSUYA AND MAYA'S APARTMENT
. But yeah, should I be contacting more? I tried to cut back since I did it too much in P1 at first and messed up my exp then had to fix it.
Lisa best girl

What on earth are you talking about? There are no Persona games before Persona 3

croten

Actually, it's a lot more balanced than the original. A lot of the auto win items of the original got nerfed, and a lot of the really bad items got a buff. There are some odd ones, like Brimstone's buff, but overall, game seems a lot more balanced character wise.

Consumables aren't, but what are you going to do.

Brimstone got fixed. There was a glitch for it in vanilla that doubled or tripled it's damage output.

Recommend away!

Ok You should upgrade DEX because DEX weapons are key.

There's also a merchant in the first big castle area
Undead Parish
that if you kill, will drop a
Ucigantana
a really good early weapon.

But make sure to buy the one off items he sells before killing him.

I only read you last spoiler and yes your right.

edit: I need to git gud and sit down and play it...
Damn straight. What part did you leave off at?
What on earth are you talking about? There are no Persona games before Persona 3
You gotta be in the know to know, you know what I mean?
And another successful run through Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Only 14 more endings to go.
Woof, at least you're enjoying the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom