• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, it might be due to the community or just the team thinking it would be a good idea.
Probably when the dev team put in hard mode, they thought it a good idea to add these items. It would be okay, if these items rarely showed up. But that simply isn't the case.

PS4 for playing with a controller and PC for playing with mouse and keyboard. Which do you prefer?
Kb/M by a country mile.

OK no Fuck DS1 WHY THE FUCK DO I NEED TO CREATE AN XBOX ACCOUNT TO PLAY ON MY PC!
the plan for Games For Windows Live was for it to have cross play and and for everyone to only need one account for Microsoft stuff it didn't really work out as MS just moved away from pc and Games For Windows Live is pretty much abandoned at this point

croten

I grew up on consoles, but the second I played Half Life 2 with a KB/M I knew I was stuck to it. Being able to actually aim is so nice.

I took me a while to get used to it but when I forced myself to playthrough a whole game with it I just like it being so precise.

I took me a while to get used to it but when I forced myself to playthrough a whole game with it I just like it being so precise.
People recommend it for competitive games, but I recommend it for singleplayer. I just enjoy the precision, even for casual play.

Playing Halo 1 on KB/M feels rad after years on a pad.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hey Mrgoodwill, got DS2! Thanks again!

And yep, this certainly is more Dark Souls alright. I had the most hilarious death earlier. The part in the forest where you climb the ladder and there's like four guys up there waiting for you. I got up there, saw them, NOPE'd back down the ladder, only for one guy to fall all the way down to the bottom and start climbing up at me, while another started climbing down from the top.

I got sandwiched to death on a ladder. I couldn't help but laugh. :lol

And yep, this certainly is more Dark Souls alright. I had the most hilarious death earlier. The part in the forest where you climb the ladder and there's like four guys up there waiting for you. I got up there, saw them, NOPE'd back down the ladder, only for one guy to fall all the way down to the bottom and start climbing up at me, while another started climbing down from the top.

I got sandwiched to death on a ladder. I couldn't help but laugh. :lol
Have you been watching the playthrough? If not get ready for more moments like that. Also salt
Realtime pauses certainly would've made Xenoblade more tolerable.
Speaking of this, do you guys enjoy a realtime pause or a slowdown more?

croten

People recommend it for competitive games, but I recommend it for singleplayer. I just enjoy the precision, even for casual play.

Playing Halo 1 on KB/M feels rad after years on a pad.

I recommend it for any game that is in first person. I use controller for most 3rd person and 2d games and if the game has vehicles then fuck Keyboard and mouse

Xiraiya

PS4 for playing with a controller and PC for playing with mouse and keyboard. Which do you prefer?
Both

First person shooters are garbage without a Mouse and keyboard, I only use my PS3 controller for Dark Souls and DSII on PC because playing them on keyboard doesn't work very well. But mostly for anything on PC I'll always prefer mouse and keyboard and on console I'll always prefer a controller.

But it takes a real special case of shitty porting or controls to make me break that pattern.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, but Bloodborne and other games...
Mostly for the PS1 start up...

You could probably make your computer do that with the right programs.
Probably when the dev team put in hard mode, they thought it a good idea to add these items. It would be okay, if these items rarely showed up. But that simply isn't the case.

Probably? High drop rate of good items usually break games.

Speaking of this, do you guys enjoy a realtime pause or a slowdown more?
I'm only watching Matt and Pat play it, but the Evil Within's weapon switch menu where it's nearly paused, but not quite, is awesome. You get a ton more time to make choices, but making fast ones still count.

I love either though. Any type of system where you get a ton of time. In general I'd say I love a true pause the most. Transistor does it so well.
Realtime pauses certainly would've made Xenoblade more tolerable.
Goddamn, I wanna play Xenoblade.
No problem man. Have fun.

So I wake up from a midday nap cause I didnt get any sleep and go on youtube to see max uploaded a video called "max reacts to FFVII trailer" and im freaking out. Now im fucking pissed.

Probably? High drop rate of good items usually break games.
The Match Stick, and the key trinket actually work now, so that's nice. Those two aren't even the problem though.

The two items are absurd not because the make the drop rate increase, but because they make drops massive.

Zenfalcia

Nah I just need to replace my sound files in Linux apparently.

Even easier.

So I wake up from a midday nap cause I didnt get any sleep and go on youtube to see max uploaded a video called "max reacts to FFVII trailer" and im freaking out. Now im fucking pissed.

Dude, you missed a lot of the hype during the stream.

The Match Stick, and the key trinket actually work now, so that's nice. Those two aren't even the problem though.

The two items are absurd not because the make the drop rate increase, but because they make drops massive.

How massive are we talking about here?

Jesus Christ I'm worse at TLOU than Pat by a mile.
I've heard as much, I'm sure one day I'll decide it's worth $80 or whatever and get it.

Mr will if You have the patience of a saint, I will sell you my copy at GameStop price I paid: 45.

That is, once I manage to play and complete the game.

Emouse

I think I'm going to sell MK8.

Anyone interested? I'm giving first priority to fellow Wii U Frienders!

For a second I thought to myself "Mortal Kombat isn't on Wii U"

anywho I missed the post PSX hype because friends, but ay Yakuza 5 tho, and all dat street fighter, really tempting to pick up a PS4 stick now

Mr will if You have the patience of a saint, I will sell you my copy at GameStop price I paid: 45.

That is, once I manage to play and complete the game.
If I'm still hanging around here and the offer is still open by that decade, I'll take you up on it. :p
That being said I hear legally acquired Wii's are getting a performance upgrade soon. Specifically Xenoblade
That's cool. I'd rather buy a copy just out of convenience, but worse case I'll see about a New version of my Wii.

How massive are we talking about here?
Humbling Bundle makes every consumable that can be bundled off, keys, red hearts, bombs, and pennies, bundled. One penny becomes two. One key becomes two. Crazy good.

Contract from Below doubles every single room drop in the run. If a room was supposed to drop one bomb, it now drops two. What about a random golden chest? Enjoy two.

They make consumables toys if you get them.

croten

I'm dumping points in strength so I guess a strength build.

IDontKnowWhatImDoing.jpg

Don't do that....

What weapon are you using? Look at it's stats, you should see the requirements for it. Those are the stats needed to use it correctly. You should also see letters, they show how well it scales with each stat. If a weapon has an A in STR then having more points in STR will deal more damage with said weapon.

Maybe I can help, considering I've beaten it like five times, including the Grounded difficulty. What are you having issues with?
I'm just really bad at stealth games. Been redoing this first clicker encounter more than a few times. Starting to get the hang of it. Really like how it feels to play.

Is there a good way to use the distraction items? They're all over the ground but I can't use them very well.

I'm dumping points in strength so I guess a strength build.

IDontKnowWhatImDoing.jpg
I'm too lazy to look up stuff on the game and am experiencing it blindly.
This is DS1, right? Strength builds are hard, because a lot of strength weapons suck. Don't let it get you down.

The Large Club, Great Club, and Manserpent Greatswor are all decent choices, that can be gotten relatively early.

Okingjrr

Don't do that....

What weapon are you using? Look at it's stats, you should see the requirements for it. Those are the stats needed to use it correctly. You should also see letters, they show how well it scales with each stat. If a weapon has an A in STR then having more points in STR will deal more damage with said weapon.

Well I'm not doing it senselessly, it's not like I'm a sorcerer. :p
I'm using the battle axe or something like that.
I didn't know how scaling worked however, thanks.

This is DS1, right? Strength builds are hard, because a lot of strength weapons suck. Don't let it get you down.

The Large Club, Great Club, and Manserpent Greatswor are all decent choices, that can be gotten relatively early.
Yea, DS1. Are they? I really didn't know what to do so I played it safe and put points into strength.

It's the early game and I suppose the few first levels don't mean much.

It only took 40 minutes, but I beat the first clicker encounter by just punching everything.

I'm so good at videogames you guys don't even.
The main thing is to get a good weapon long term. In the meantime be sure to put a good amount of points in Vit and End. They're always great.

croten

I wouldn't dump souls into STR or DEX unless you have the weapon you want. Unlike DS2 there is no repecs. A safe choice is END.

Okingjrr

It only took 40 minutes, but I beat the first clicker encounter by just punching everything.

I'm so good at videogames you guys don't even.
The main thing is to get a good weapon long term. In the meantime be sure to put a good amount of points in Vit and End. They're always great.

I distributed my points between VIT, END and STR. Doin' it right, oh yea!

I wouldn't dump souls into STR or DEX unless you have the weapon you want. Unlike DS2 there is no repecs. A safe choice is END.

Watching the DS2 LP fucked up my expectations of DS1, it seems so easy in 2 than in 1 because of all the things that carried over and that were added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom