• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know if anyone brought it up but a couple hours ago IGN posted the P5 TGS trailer claiming it was new. They must be trying to take slowtaku's job over there

Xiraiya

Black knights I assume
Oh right, yeah I'd say beating a Black Knight in a straight battle without parrying them is more of a victory.
Parrying them makes them a non-threat basically.

When I first played Dark Souls, I basically had to deal with him head on with my shield and broadsword, and just chipped away at his health, ran up ladders and plunge attacked him etc.

Damn, sounds like an asshole. Did he break in to wreck the place? You mention they changed the locks.

I am upset that

1. They didn't take my original complaints all that seriously and let my Roommate move out at his leisure rather than deal with my concerns.
2. They did not warn me the place was a wreck.
3. Despite all this, I feel like they are not treating this as seriously as possible

Okingjrr

Have you perfected backstabs like Woolie yet?
No.
Did you parry that sucka? If not, reset.

Not a real victory...
No
Ok You should upgrade DEX because DEX weapons are key.

There's also a merchant in the first big castle area
Undead Parish
that if you kill, will drop a
Ucigantana
a really good early weapon.

But make sure to buy the one off items he sells before killing him.
No.

JK, but seriously. I haven't got down backstabbing just yet. From what I understand it's harder to pull off than in DS2. Gonna need some practise.

Still working on the timing of parries. Reset is a little harsh tho.

I haven't gotten everything I wanted from him yet. I'll hold off on killing him for now.
What are the must buys?

What, the boxart knight?

This dude , I think.
00.jpg

JK, but seriously. I haven't got down backstabbing just yet. From what I understand it's harder to pull off than in DS2. Gonna need some practise.

I haven't gotten everything I wanted from him yet. I'll hold off on killing him for now.
What are the must buys?

Target shield and parry knife makes it easier. You wanna get the key he sells, the repair box, the bottomless box, and maybe the bow with arrows if you want to pull

Xiraiya

What are the must buys?

Nothing really, in my game all I used was the Claymore and Knight Shield + Elite Knight set, and basically farmed humanity and large titanite shards for an hour or two before tackling the rest of the game, once I hit SL 100 PVP became a walk in the park, but otherwise I was already cutting through the game with relative ease.

croten

What are the must buys?

This dude , I think.

Backstabbing is much easier in DS1 and so is parrying. The must buys are the Soapstone, Item box, repair box whatever else he sells that he only has one of.

they're also called black knights

Xiraiya

Backstabbing is much easier in DS1 and so is parrying. The must buys are the Soapstone, Item box, repair box whatever else he sells that he only has one of.

Parring is much easier in DS1 yes because it actually makes sense. but backstabbing is definitely WAY easier in DSII, you only have to be somewhere near their back and it counts and plays the animation, I've been like 3 or 4ft away from an enemy's back and it still worked.

In DS1 you have to be right up against them and basically hit them directly in the middle of where their back should be, otherwise you get nothing, so it's way harder.

croten

I am upset that

1. They didn't take my original complaints all that seriously and let my Roommate move out at his leisure rather than deal with my concerns.
2. They did not warn me the place was a wreck.
3. Despite all this, I feel like they are not treating this as seriously as possible

Well I think they are legally obligated to allow him time to leave and if they changed the locks they must be taking it somewhat seriously at least.

Okingjrr

Target shield and parry knife makes it easier. You wanna get the key he sells, the repair box, the bottomless box, and maybe the bow with arrows if you want to pull

Sounds like what I wanted to buy ;)
Black Knights, got it, loved saying boxart knight tho :p

Nothing really, in my game all I used was the Claymore and Knight Shield + Elite Knight set, and basically farmed humanity and large titanite shards for an hour or two before tackling the rest of the game, once I hit SL 100 PVP became a walk in the park, but otherwise I was already cutting through the game with relative ease.

I'm still gonna get some of the items. And I'm a sucker for bows, so I'll see what's up with that.

He drops the key, and the soapstone, I believe. But, buy them, if you want to make sure.

Xiraiya

The many awesome female characters of Gintama, most of which have great stories, I find in alot of series that the female characters are by far the most annoying members of a cast, but a majority of these are fantastic, and even if a little misleading.

Psycho Within The Resident Biohazard fans, how many more parts do you think the LP has left? I would love to be able to start it on this break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom