• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eww. Geez that sounds awful.

Can't even get across my screen without having to lift it up and smack it across. It's so bad that I just use my drawing pen to navigate.
I know I should buy a new one, but I think "Might as well wait until I can buy a good one" and then I just end up never buying anything.

demidar

late reply but I own these weird games that no one else seems to acknowledge or know about. I guess they are rom hacks or something call Persona 1, 2 and 2:2 but They were on the PSN. Maybe Grace Chen is fucking with us? I tried the first one out and it was all right but like my complaints with many other games I fucking hate overworlds and stopped. I'll try the other ones out someday.

Who doesn't like overworlds? More games should have overworlds.

late reply but I own these weird games that no one else seems to acknowledge or know about. I guess they are rom hacks or something call Persona 1, 2 and 2:2 but They were on the PSN. Maybe Grace Chen is fucking with us? I tried the first one out and it was all right but like my complaints with many other games I fucking hate overworlds and stopped. I'll try the other ones out someday.

I will talk the FUCK out of you about P1. P2:IS eventually since I'm still going through it

dozen of people told him already

Oh well =p

So the actual boss fight for this chapter is the Amalgam Alpha. People said that you could sniped it's giant eye in the beginning but I never could pull that off and in the end it wasn't really that blind to me, but I know you can hide from it under the cars.

I have to give Pat credit for running out of the room before he charged at you, now I feel like an idiot for not doing that lol.

I have no idea if killing the bodies on it does more damage or not, they do seem to explode heads easily.

I know its a joke, but that was pretty harsh... I don't think the overworld was that bad in P2, but I think I can see your point. Yeah go try them out someday despite the lackluster battle system. It's surprisingly well written.

Man I hate reading comments about fighting games or just games in general from people that don't follow those kinds of things. I get salt from all the "hurr hurr Capcom SF rehash for money." Why do I do this to myself
There needs to be more RE4 clones.

Also do you guys share Matt and Pat's hate for Resident Evil 4?

yes

Man I hate reading comments about fighting games or just games in general from people that don't follow those kinds of things. I get salt from all the "hurr hurr Capcom SF rehash for money." Why do I do this to myself
I feel this way about people saying lol and dota are the same thing.

I made a mistake.

Now I feel sad.

tumblr_lj9660U8JD1qalnkao1_500.jpg

I know its a joke, but that was pretty harsh... I don't think the overworld was that bad in P2, but I think I can see your point. Yeah go try them out someday despite the lackluster battle system. It's surprisingly well written.

the "P1 and P2 do not exist" is one of my favourite running jokes here. I'll make it at every opportunity. I keep hearing that the writing is great and that is why I want to play them because I sure as hell are not playing the other Persona games for their gameplay. I'm just a babby when it comes to overworlds and SMT 4 was the breaking point for me, if they are in a game it just imminently turns me off. I know it is not fair at all and that I am being a child but I don't want to have to navigate bullshit with random encounters and waste time looking for the building that triggers the story in a game that takes place in a large city. Nocturne's is fine because it felt like the main zones were clearly separate and for whatever reason that helped me get over it.

Chocolate milk for all

Aww, Royale and Banana can share

the "P1 and P2 do not exist" is one of my favourite running jokes here. I'll make it at every opportunity. I keep hearing that the writing is great and that is why I want to play them because I sure as hell are not playing the other Persona games for their gameplay. I'm just a babby when it comes to overworlds and SMT 4 was the breaking point for me, if they are in a game it just imminently turns me off. I know it is not fair at all and that I am being a child but I don't want to have to navigate bullshit with random encounters and waste time looking for the building that triggers the story in a game that takes place in a large city. Nocturne's is fine because it felt like the main zones were clearly separate and for whatever reason that helped me get over it.

It's just like that phantom show that Woolie talked about on the podcast that never existed. Button basher wiki or something?

What article/thing of comments are you looking at?
Max's SFV stuff.
P1's writing is uhhh, it's decent, overworld isn't terrible. P2 THO, so much dialogue and it's great stuff. Overworld much improved too.

Currently watching Pat's descent into madness and disappointment as they finish up The Evil Within.

It's okay Pat, I was there too.

You liking the Clash is only making this friendership better.

Well, can I slap your ass and call you Janie Jones? :p

All in good fun, Friender. :p

Seriously though, I love The Clash and The Weirdos too much don't get me started.

Well, I do have a gaming laptop now, so assuming I can run it, I'll go with that version.

MP1-3 are really well optimized and MP3 looks fantastic on just about every setting.

Well, can I slap your ass and call you Janie Jones? :p

All in good fun, Friender. :p

Seriously though, I love The Clash and The Weirdos too much don't get me started.

So he should stay, is what you're saying.

Just hope the lewd police don't try to stop you, or we all know how well that'll go

I hate SMT4's. P2 is fine, don't worry about it. There's not even any random encounters.

Max's SFV stuff.

P1's writing is uhhh, it's decent, overworld isn't terrible. P2 THO, so much dialogue and it's great stuff. Overworld much improved too.
Ohhh. I didn't realize his audience extends past the FGC tbh.

Does the dungeon layout stay the same as the first one? I really like the introduction to that first dungeon a lot. More RPGs should use that method of introduction.

Escape from Bug Island?

Yessir

Ohhh. I didn't realize his audience extends past the FGC tbh.

Does the dungeon layout stay the same as the first one? I really like the introduction to that first dungeon a lot. More RPGs should use that method of introduction.

The thing is though it mostly doesn't, so it's just disheartening when there's "SUCK IT XBONER FAGS" and "LOL PS4 HAS NO GAMES I'M NOT GETTING IT FOR THIS"

It's pretty much the same yeah, several floors with different rooms. Sometimes there's dead ends but they stay tame. There's a right/wrong path in the one I'm in now apparently but it's manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom