• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has enough people told Pat that he needs to kill Laura to EARN the right to the brain juice and key rewards yet? Or does he need one more person to do it =p

yeah that is what I ended up doing, just curious if you had any tips. I'm just doing some challenges trying to get a feel for some of the characters again and gave Tager a shot. Tager's astral finish is a 1080 and I just went nuts on the stick until it happened.

Also can you not pre order Continuum Shift on steam? the game comes out next week and it seems like it has pre order bonuses. Kinda weird

The only other tip I can give would be that BlazBlue lets you buffer some of the inputs more than others. So pay attention to when you need to do the attack and try doing the input as early as possible.

Alfebit

Banned
Oh man, both those wall textures just disappearing in TEW was hilarious. Makes me wish I stayed there a while longer during my playthrough to see if it'd happen.

You took that image yourself? Damn, that's dedication. Also I dunno, last time I tried replaying it it felt really high on encounter rate.

I should go back and beat Ninetails one day. That game takes my MMX love and gives me a solid RPG for my time.
Oh no it is high, I just got
un
lucky right now. And yeah, GI wasn't giving me any images of her with the Kitty Gloves on so I was like "welp"
So I finally figured where Maragidyne's name comes from. Its a Purse-owner move.
Best fire-based move. Probably in SMT games as well but idk if there's better ones in them since I haven't played them

Zenfalcia

What
No
My brain is breaking
This can't be true
truth.gif

Don't use a controller for Max Payne. You need that mouse precision.

I figured he didn't have a mouse since he just bought a laptop, but for a TPS I'm less picky. I should get those PC ports though.
I wish, MP1 and 2 don't support controllers on PC iirc. It's the thing keeping me from playing the series, because my mouse is a horrible wireless cheap pizza garbage.

Eww. Geez that sounds awful.

I have like, three copies of Alan Wake for some reason and have never played any of them. Looked too much like just another shooter and not enough like a weird Twin Peaks horror game.

Get gud taste

Alan Wake is a great game.

"Its not a lake, its an ocean"

Fucking chills #rekt
I just love how fucking meta that game's plot is. A malevolent force that requires plot holes and leaps in logic in order to manifest itself in reality.

Not to mention Mr. Scratch in American Nightmare being a terrifically crazy bastard. And yes, I liked American Nightmare just as much too.

Also, the music is pretty fucking sweet.

The game feels like RE4 had a baby with Twin Peaks.

I wish it was more quirky
Calling it Twin Peaks esque I think is a bit of a disservice as it takes way more from Stephen King than it does David Lynch.

American Nightmare though is just full on Twilight Zone and it's so good. Remedy really love their TV show inspirations.

Tako

You know what they should have remade Fucking Monster Rancher 3.
  • Your Monster evolves from what location they train at
  • You can take a picture with the camera and your monster will wear it like a mask
  • You can pop in certain dvds/cds and get special monsters
  • Those feels when your monster dies,after raising it for so long
  • Who doesn't like cock fights?
Come on Tecmo!

I just love how fucking meta that game's plot is. A malevolent force that requires plot holes and leaps in logic in order to manifest itself in reality.

Not to mention Mr. Scratch in American Nightmare being a terrifically crazy bastard. And yes, I liked American Nightmare just as much too.

Also, the music is pretty fucking sweet.

Calling it Twin Peaks esque I think is a bit of a disservice as it takes way more from Stephen King than it does David Lynch.

American Nightmare though is just full on Twilight Zone and it's so good. Remedy really love their TV show inspirations.

I picked up the special edition of Alan Wake and it has a short story from the point of view of the guy that you encounter in the very first chapter. It is a very meta game.

There is actually a lot of that sort of mix in P2:IS, but people don't usually play it since its somewhat dated.

late reply but I own these weird games that no one else seems to acknowledge or know about. I guess they are rom hacks or something call Persona 1, 2 and 2:2 but They were on the PSN. Maybe Grace Chen is fucking with us? I tried the first one out and it was all right but like my complaints with many other games I fucking hate overworlds and stopped. I'll try the other ones out someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom