• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the last person you should ask for BlazBlue tips. I love the game more than any other fighter, but I'm goddamn terrible at it. Like, I can barely pull off basic Platinum combos.

Whenever I play Tager, though, I just churn that shit like Street Fighter and it usually works out. I haven't played much CP, though, so they might have changed it.

yeah that is what I ended up doing, just curious if you had any tips. I'm just doing some challenges trying to get a feel for some of the characters again and gave Tager a shot. Tager's astral finish is a 1080 and I just went nuts on the stick until it happened.

Also can you not pre order Continuum Shift on steam? the game comes out next week and it seems like it has pre order bonuses. Kinda weird

I bet you would, you lecherous old man.

02___Pafu_Pafu__by_Radaghast.jpg

Watching the 15 minute gameplay thing for Uncharted 4.

I don't often say this but if the game is going to chug, just lock the FPS at 30. The varying framerate is throwing me for such a loop.

Game is beautiful though.

Everything about max payne 3 is great except the story which just kills it.

giphy-18.gif

Everything about Max Payne 3 was perfect for me, as a long time fan and someone that was pining for another game after the second one ended and waiting forever and ever and then when they announced the game I was overjoyed.

Rockstar was doing it and not Remedy.... Okay well I'll keep an open mind.

First thing that I didn't like was that originally they were going to use a much older voice actor than McCaffrey to voice Max on top of the cutscenes being more like a typical Rockstar game(which to me, is fantastic they have excellent cutscene work especially in Red Dead Redemption) but everything else they swore they'd keep to.

The basic tenents for a Max Payne game for me was the HKBO(Hong Kong Blood Opera, or Hero Cop movies) style presentation and gameplay that mimicked the action movies I grew up watching.

For me, for Max on top of his character and story the gameplay was the single most important thing if they fucked that up there would be no justice for this series.

But you know what? They fucking NAILED it, the nailed the locomotion and detail that I expected from a Max Payne game, the scenario design was tight and fantastic despite the cutscenes, this was the game I imagined the moment I stopped playing MP2 and wished for a sequel.

I can go on and on about Max Payne 3 and why it is not only one of the greatest games I've ever played but also my favorite game in any series.

The game meant as much to me as actually getting Half-Life 3.

Max finally found peace, which is what I wanted for the character after the painful and heartwrenching events of the first two games. It gives me hope that maybe I'll find peace too.

OH, shit. You're right. Man, Command Mission was alright. I'd have really liked it to have a slightly lower encounter rate, it'd have been way more replayable.

You say that as I went a few rooms with nothing just to get that image. Maybe it's because I was overleveled for that zone.....

You say that as I went a few rooms with nothing just to get that image. Maybe it's because I was overleveled for that zone.....

You took that image yourself? Damn, that's dedication. Also I dunno, last time I tried replaying it it felt really high on encounter rate.

I should go back and beat Ninetails one day. That game takes my MMX love and gives me a solid RPG for my time.

I never played it once so yeah you got me.

I should also consider Max Payne because of all the love its getting.

Play them all, you won't regret it.

They are the purest action TPS games ever created and pretty much created the Bullet Time fad in video games.

And you know what? No one else has done it better. No ONE.

On top of that they are fairly lengthy and the scenario design is amazing and Max is a wonderful character with great writing.

They are the purest action TPS games ever created and pretty much created the Bullet Time fad in video games.

On top of that they are fairly lengthy and the scenario design is amazing and Max is a wonderful character with great writing.

I do enjoy my great writing. And I recall playing I think the demo or a little bit of 3 and enjoying it. I'll pick it up really soon. Assuming I should get MP1 and 2 on the PS2?

I do enjoy my great writing. And I recall playing I think the demo or a little bit of 3 and enjoying it. I'll pick it up really soon. Assuming I should get MP1 and 2 on the PS2?

PC or Xbox are preferable options. PS2 is fine, tho.

Fuck it, I'm playing through the Max Payne series again. Since I don't have my Xbox anymore, I gotta get that PC version.

I don't remember max payne 1 being that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom