• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey pat Try this, turn on your PS4 then take a can of compressed air (to clean out electronics) and when you see the artifacts starting to appear blow air into the back of it to see if it settles.
If it does settle then that means your GPU is overheating, if not then something else in your ps4 is fucked.
That's a really good idea. I'll just quote you to make sure he sees it.
Every resolution, through the El Gato and now, different ports on the TV, different cables, rebuilt the database, updated, etc. It's a hardware issue for sure.
Pat, I'll just go watch a bunch of videos on the website so you can buy a new one. It's a flawless plan.

They can do whatever they want, but it would require no justification at all to just have a female Link, is my point. They could make Link into Majora and they'd find a way to justify it, but that's not the point.
and maybe somewhere in the wheel of time turning the reincarnations get fucked up and Zelda has the triforce of courage and Link gets power and becomes corrupted and evil by the darkness left in it by Ganon over the generations that he held it. Neither need a justification because endless cycles can have wrinkles in them. There is literally endless possibilities. We are both on the same side here I'm just saying why not let Zelda be the Main Character? Anyway that they do it, I'll be playing the game as long as it plays better, has better dungeons, and actually fills the world better than SS

360pages

Seriously though, what is the deal with the Evil Within bosses all having instant kill move. They all look like attacks designed for low life players, but they can do them at any health. (I expect that is what happened, but they really wanted the players to see the animations)

and maybe somewhere in the wheel of time turning the reincarnations get fucked up and Zelda has the triforce of courage and Link gets power and becomes corrupted and evil by the darkness left in it by Ganon over the generations that he held it. Neither need a justification because endless cycles can have wrinkles in them. There is literally endless possibilities. We are both on the same side here I'm just saying why not let Zelda be the Main Character? Anyway that they do it, I'll be playing the game as long as it plays better, has better dungeons, and actually fills the world better than SS

It'd probably end up with more unique dungeons too unless they decided to give Zelda all of Link's abilities for no reason.

Seriously though, what is the deal with the Evil Within bosses all having instant kill move. They all look like attacks designed for low life players, but they can do them at any health. (I expect that is what happened, but they really wanted the players to see the animations)

There's no time.

I could be wrong but Laura's seems to be the only one that can happen at random. Chainsaw guys only seem to happen if they catch you in a back stab type animation and the Amalgam only happens once you've whittled down it's HP a fair bit.

A whole lot of things about this game makes no damn sense.

I guess I'll be flipping the game once I complete it then.

Smash question: sometimes when I do my down aerial with Greninja or Shiek I go down slowly instead of quickly. Is there a way to make this happen reliably?

360pages

I could be wrong but Laura's seems to be the only one that can happen at random. Chainsaw guys only seem to happen if they catch you in a back stab type animation and the Amalgam only happens once you've whittled down it's HP a fair bit.

I personally think Amalgam's is the worst, because you have to redue the first half of the fight because of it. Once again it would be so bad if you could dodge with something. If he makes a beeline for you you're already dead depending on the area.

Attacks like that shouldn't be like that at all, and if you have to. Make sure they are slow and somewhat easy to avoid.

Wii U deserves more love.

You mean the system that STILL hardlocks the entire system necessitating yanking the power cable?

Also, compressed air is a good idea, but won't solve it, because if a bit of dust getting in causes this (in a design that specifically pushes most air out) then the thing is fucked anyway.

My point on the Triforce, though, is that the Triforce of Courage is what makes Link the Hero of Legend, giving Zelda the Triforce of Courage makes her the Hero of Legend, who is Link. So either way, even if she's called Zelda, she's still actually Link if she has that Triforce.

Zelda lore is dumb, but I'd rather they stick to that than this perceived necessity to stick to the character's design.

I personally think Amalgam's is the worst, because you have to redue the first half of the fight because of it. Once again it would be so bad if you could dodge with something. If he makes a beeline for you you're already dead depending on the area.

Attacks like that shouldn't be like that at all, and if you have to. Make sure they are slow and somewhat easy to avoid.

Well if you're quick enough you can smack it with a Freeze bolt to stop the charge. Maybe Shock as well but I'm honestly not sure if Shock stops that move. It has a pretty big windup for the move because the entire area changes color giving you plenty of time to load up and prepare for it.

Smash question: sometimes when I do my down aerial with Greninja or Shiek I go down slowly instead of quickly. Is there a way to make this happen reliably?

I only notice that happens after I use the dive right after I get launched, any other time you drop straight down, unless it's like foxes side B where you have to do the same input at the right frame to slow yourself down, but I could he wrong

Anybody wanna play smash in 15-20? Im in a real bad mood. Also, lets use the chat, dipshits. Turn that shit on.

Of course once again pat plays at a time where I can't, i'll probably give up ever fighting pat like mara

Nvm looks like mara finally gets to play pat

It's a great system if you only play 6 games a year.

Yeesh, way to make me not wanna buy one.

To be fair, PS4 and Xbone have been in like the exact same spot this year. Most of the games that come out on there are available and better on PC.

Also god dammit I want to play Smash. This is like the main reason I want a Wii U now. 3DS ain't cutting this shit.

croten

YES! I'll send you my NNID, though I can't chat. It's 02:30 in the morning, I have to be quiet.

I already said this in the morning but fuck it.

This is what I was waiting for!
oOeMMYm.png

Yeesh, way to make me not wanna buy one.

To be fair, PS4 and Xbone have been in like the exact same spot this year. Most of the games that come out on there are available and better on PC.

Also god dammit I want to play Smash. This is like the main reason I want a Wii U now. 3DS ain't cutting this shit.
If you only look at exclusives the Wii U is far ahead, but if you need a system for multiplats the Xbone and PS4 enable you to play way more.
This is what I was waiting for!
I just noticed that he
has a huge spiral scar in his chest

by my next birthday(June 4th) ill have a PS4
so ill in total after Christmas and my birthday have a PC,PS4,WiiU,3DS,and a Vita
all my bases are covered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom