• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it still on warranty? I hope you could get it fixed/replaced easily and/or free

What the fuck? Seriously? Try rebooting, obviously, but if it comes down to it just upload all your save game and re-initialize the console.

Launch console means it's two weeks out of warranty according to Sony Support. Already did all their troubleshooting and such, hardware issue. Now I gotta figure out what the fuck to do.

So, would the tones change from each dungeon/timeline/game? It'll be hard to have some continuity to it.
No, like various landmarks or elements. Like the world is flooded, so there will be sailing, finding the remnants of the Deku Tree,
finding the Clock Town and Skyloft
, just various elements that can revoke nostalgia, but create a feeling of unease.

A lot of these elements would be hidden, so for the player who doesn't want to will probably only find a couple of callbacks.

It's fine. I can live with bland characters. What do you mean with sound?

It has Japanese Audio, so you don't have to play the game on mute anymore.

Because Tran people have problems in their lives that most people don't deal with. This would certainly shape them as a person. As a character. Same with Men and Women.

Yeah, they have struggles. But these are videogames and videogames don't give a shit? Straight White people have "Regular" problems, then you make a black character, that black character now has to have "Black Problems."? Why can't they just have to fight the bad guy?

Xe4

Banned
The new member am winning again. I am the greetest! Muhahaha. Now, I am leaving this thread for no raisin!
Just got promoted.

360pages

Well, not every story need to go in-depth with Social issues and what not. It's like saying I can't add a gay character or female character unless I go in depth with how society works...in a fantasy story...about fighting dragons with chainsaws (I never actually wrote that)

If it's not important tot he story you can bring it up, but it shouldn't be focused on too much after all not one single trait defies a person.

Zenfalcia

No, like various landmarks or elements. Like the world is flooded, so there will be sailing, finding the remnants of the Deku Tree,
finding the Clock Town and Skyloft
, just various elements that can revoke nostalgia, but create a feeling of unease.

A lot of these elements would be hidden, so for the player who doesn't want to will probably only find a couple of callbacks.

Ah. I thought it'll be like it'll be slices of the game are each dungeon and have the same theme as the original game.

It has Japanese Audio, so you don't have to play the game on mute anymore.

Oh you! The dub can't be that bad? I'd probably play only with japanese audio. hm..

mike0dude

Launch console means it's two weeks out of warranty according to Sony Support. Already did all their troubleshooting and such, hardware issue. Now I gotta figure out what the fuck to do.

Thats how they fuck you, first they make you buy a console on launch and just when the warranty ends BAM thing explodes like a 25 yo MTV VJ! THEY FUCK YOU AT THE STORE THEN THEY FUCK YOU AT HOME! because they know you can't do shit!

Sorry Normally was a poor choice of words. I meant the typical white middle aged man that most stories use.

Nathan-Drake.jpg

Croten has a point

Thats how they fuck you, first they make you buy a console on launch and just when the warranty ends BAM thing explodes like a 25 yo MTV VJ! THEY FUCK YOU AT THE STORE THEN THEY FUCK YOU AT HOME! because they know you can't do shit!

Consoles have an internal timer to melt the second they're out of warranty.

Shackzam

Thanks Evil Within. I just noticed visual corruption in my PS4 main menu. I think the console is actually dying.

Jeez, you are just running into a lot of bad things that I never experienced with the ps4 and TEW. While I did run into a lot of bad luck with my xbone and now I think that console is booty butt cheeks and only good for playing KI, but can't since I hate the damn pad for the xbone.

Oh you! The dub can't be that bad? I'd probably play only with japanese audio. hm..

No, this isn't me being crazy about voice acting, it's super budget acting. Every line is terrible.

Sorry Normally was a poor choice of words. I meant the typical white middle aged man that most stories use.

That just goes back to stories not being about the race or gender of the character's. The story of something like Uncharted would change not at all if Drake was a Transgendered Black Woman. The actual story would remain untouched regardless of that change.

That sucks. I wish you the best of luck.
The new member am winning again. I am the greetest! Muhahaha. Now, I am leaving this thread for no raisin!
Just got promoted.
Well then go get a dumb tag, so you will always be remembered for a dumb thing you did.

360pages

Nathan drake is a poor man's Indiana jones. The uncharted games are supposed to reflect that IP.

That's why both games with character creation and games with a defined character exist. We can have both.

I don't mind Nathan Drake, at least he has Charisma, and like you said the entire series of games are a throw back to Indiana Jones.

That's the thing, though, that's changing the game way more. Link is the Hero of Legend, the character that has the Triforce of Courage. That triforce is what lets him go into monster filled dungeons. Zelda has the Trifroce of Wisdom, which is why she's a leader of a kingdom. Ganon has Power, which lets him try to take over.

They've spent a ton of games establishing that the Courage Triforce is the reason Link saves the day. Making Zelda save the day as is would mean none of it mattered, then giving her the Courage Triforce would make her the Hero of Legend, AKA Link.

This is Zelda we are talking about, Nintendo could do anything to make the story fit into the lore. Alternate timeline where Zelda gets the Triforce of Courage or maybe Link fails and dies at some point and Zelda gets the Triforce of wisdom and courage and has to defeat Ganon. Of course they could do literally the same thing to make Link a female. I do not care either way, I just want more badass warrior Princess Zelda. Go nuts

croten

No, this isn't me being crazy about voice acting, it's super budget acting. Every line is terrible.

That just goes back to stories not being about the race or gender of the character's. The story of something like Uncharted would change not at all if Drake was a Transgendered Black Woman. The actual story would remain untouched regardless of that change.

I guess. There are stories where it doesn't matter but I don't mean this as a negative thing. Having a female, gay or transgender character can open up different outlooks on things and give more depth to your characters and story if you use it right.

Ah. I thought it'll be like it'll be slices of the game are each dungeon and have the same theme as the original game.
No no, that would be shameless. We would have completely new dungeons, and all the nostalgic dungeons would be remixed, because why would they look the same after thousands of years, and after being through a catastrophic event?

This is Zelda we are talking about, Nintendo could do anything to make the story fit into the lore. Alternate timeline where Zelda gets the Triforce of Courage or maybe Link fails and dies at some point and Zelda gets the Triforce of wisdom and courage and has to defeat Ganon. Of course they could do literally the same thing to make Link a female. I do not care either way, I just want more badass warrior Princess Zelda. Go nuts

They can do whatever they want, but it would require no justification at all to just have a female Link, is my point. They could make Link into Majora and they'd find a way to justify it, but that's not the point.

I guess. There are stories where it doesn't matter but I don't mean this as a negative thing. Having a female, gay or transgender character can open up different outlooks on things and give more depth to your characters and story if you use it right.

Of course it can, it's a great way to add another angle to a story and can be fucking awesome, but there's also room for boring nothing characters that just happen to be gay or trans. Limiting those characters to stories explicitly about their sexuality only helps to further perpetuate the idea that their entire identities are focused around their sexual one.

Zenfalcia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbMUcWFN7G8 The flickering dots. Also some of the time the Loading Bar in Evil Withins loading screens flickers similarly. I think the GPU is going bad.

It took me a while to see it. For anyone who can't look at the top part of the screen.

No no, that would be shameless. We would have completely new dungeons, and all the nostalgic dungeons would be remixed, because why would they look the same after thousands of years, and after being through a catastrophic event?

Ok. You could write it so that not everything was affected and some were trapped in bubble dimensions etc etc.

mike0dude

Hey pat Try this, turn on your PS4 then take a can of compressed air (to clean out electronics) and when you see the artifacts starting to appear blow air into the back of it to see if it settles.
If it does settle then that means your GPU is overheating, if not then something else in your ps4 is fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom