• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

My ps4 is fucking melting and has to be sent in for repair like 2 weeks past warranty. So either I get lucky and it's free and I'm ONLY out my ps4 for nearly the entire month of december, or I get to pay another 150 bucks on top of it. Yaay.

I'm sorry Pat, I know there's not much we can do from here, but I really do hope things work out man.

Zenfalcia

My ps4 is fucking melting and has to be sent in for repair like 2 weeks past warranty. So either I get lucky and it's free and I'm ONLY out my ps4 for nearly the entire month of december, or I get to pay another 150 bucks on top of it. Yaay.

At least there's SFV, Metal Gear online, possibly DMC5, and many other announcements you might care about. Except FF7.

DarkPhantom

Neo Member
Geez. Sounds like a bad time. Melting? If that's the case, it should be free.

The original Persona OST is godlike... Its only $5 now!

I need to save up for the Nocturne OST and I need to check out his other work.
I'm gonna link my one favorite songs from the games I put before
DDS2 I left out cause it's the final boss music.

Oh wow, that's awful. I hope they don't act like shits just because of the two weeks. How long is the warranty on that thing anyway? We have like a national 2-year mandatory warranty law for everything electronic, regardless of a product's own warranty.

It's called adequacy law over here. Don't you guys perhaps have something similar.

It's usually up to the manufacturer to decide the warranty in the States. Might differ in Canananada

croten

Ps4 problems, I'm sure showing him a fluffy dog will cheer him up

vL4el6P.png

KyleCross

Wait Pat, your PS4 is LITERALLY overheating? Is this actually a thing? Goddammit, this was the first generation I jumped in with the first model, don't make me regret it...

So then what's worse, DMC2 or DmC?
I still say DMC2, because shit is fucked on so many fundamental levels. At least with DmC they tried, and it didn't turn out atrocious, but not amazing either.

Frankly, I've said it before, but Ninja Gaiden is in a more dire need for a game to bring it back to glory than Devil May Cry is. After NGII we have had a lame PS3 port, a really shit sequel, an update version of said shit sequel to make it tolerable, and shit spin off by Spark Unlimited.

I like NG more than DMC, anyway.

Look, it's a mess. The tons of design flaws, bugs, the 30fps lock and the letterboxing are all awful.

Yet I enjoyed it. Shame it's not better than it is, but I still had fun.

It got a pretty big discount on the autumn sale after only a month after release, so that was a little worrying to me.

Xiraiya

Damn Ruvik, melting your PS4 like that.

ultimax

What? DMC2 was broken, a bad game in general. DmC would have been an alright game if it wasn't attached to the franchise
True, the gameplay is alright on its own, but when compared its shitty. I still hate the style of DmC tho.
Wait Pat, your PS4 is LITERALLY overheating? Is this actually a thing? Goddammit, this was the first generation I jumped in with the first model, don't make me regret it...
I got a ps4 at launch too and that shit died too. Overheating problems. I now have the white destiny bundle ps4 and I haven't had any problems

What? DMC2 was broken, a bad game in general. DmC would have been an alright game if it wasn't attached to the franchise

Only broken thing I noticed about DMC2 was that the combat seemed dumbed down from the first and it seemed to reward button bashing too much. Of course I didn't play Lucias missions so maybe I missed a lot of the broken parts.

Speaking of Ruvik, I actually really like him as an antagonist. Granted I still don't know his entire deal yet as I'm watching as you guys go along (slightly behind in my own game).

What does everyone else think about him as a villain?

While we're on the subject, am I the only one here that played/beat the Lucia disc?

I not only beat it, I discovered that Capcom actually wasted a shitload of money to give the appearance that there was more game than there actually was. If you start the game as Lucia and then pop the tray and insert Dantes disc, you can still play as Lucia and go through her levels as normal because character selection is hard coded into the disc instead of being a toggle. It's absurd.

I'm not sure if Smash Wii U is p2p, so I'll ask to be sure:
Pat, did the battles play smootly? Did you experience any significant lag?

Very smooth when it was just you. Glitch or Dave or Joe must have been fuckin it up.

Xiraiya

Speaking of Ruvik, I actually really like him as an antagonist. Granted I still don't know his entire deal yet as I'm watching as you guys go along (slightly behind in my own game).
What does everyone else think about him as a villain?

I really like his hooded look, it's simple but menacing as shit, so every time he shows up and walks after you, you really just want get the fuck out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom