• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

Is there any nonsensical boss things that I should know beforehand to save myself tons of recording time like Alphas gimmick
The chapter 14 boss's only normal attack I think is an instant kill (or it just does a ton of damage, can't remember) I won't say anything else about it though. Try to conserve ammo for it so you don't get fucked by taking forever to kill it because you don't have ammo for your powerful weapons like I did. :p

Xiraiya

It's a scarf my g/f left at my house and I put it on my chair because I love her :3
9mvlHp.png
I don't know how to feel about you making that cat face.

sjay1994

Is there any nonsensical boss things that I should know beforehand to save myself tons of recording time like Alphas gimmick

Yeah.

The one in chapter 14 turns invisible, and can insta kill you if you get to close and didn''t see it before hand. It also spawns explosive ads, but you can follow their direction of movement to find the boss.

Make sure you are stocked in chapter 15, because it is a gauntlet

Also, if you can I recommend maxing your harpoons. They will one shot almost everything, since it acts like you are launching a match at an enemy.

360pages

TEW is an okay game, it's once again like a worse version of RE4, which isn't horrible. RE4 is easily one of the greatest Third person shooters ever. But it doesn't have enough gameplay differences to warrant playing it over RE4 unless you just want something new.

Beloved

Also about Liam and the "no proof against it" thing.

That's how people have justified believing in dumb shit for thousands of years, unfortunately.

JoJo94

Yeah.

The one in chapter 14 turns invisible, and can insta kill you if you get to close and didn''t see it before hand. It also spawns explosive ads, but you can follow their direction of movement to find the boss.

Also, if you can I recommend maxing your harpoons. They will one shot almost everything, since it acts like you are launching a match at an enemy.

Seriously what is with all the insta kills in this game.

Yeah.

Thats. Fucking. Horseshit

THERE IS A FUCKING MODE IN THIS GAME WHERE ANY DAMAGE = INSTA DEATH

THIS GAMES FETISH IS BARBED WIRE AND INSTA KILLS

And railroad spikes.

Yeah.

Just earned the 50k required when we stopped today. It'll be the first and likely last thing we upgrade.

360pages

Seriously what is with all the insta kills in this game.

It's a good way to make fights harder because of how numerous check points are and the shorter chapter by chapter gameplay. The game is slightly longer than RE4, but yet is cut up slightly more.

They can kill you and have you respawn a few minutes before where you were. Wasting enough time to extend the game without frustrating the player.

Too bad most people notice the sheer volume of them.

No, definitely not, because it doesn't gross me out seeing him use that emote.

Knowing who I am, it grosses you out when I use them?

That's surprising.

Those are bullshit because once they've been alerted once you can't sneak kill them anymore. They always realize you're behind them before the prompt shows up.

Can you Flash and stealth them? I'm not there yet but they seem like normal enemies.

sjay1994

Just earned the 50k required when we stopped today. It'll be the first and likely last thing we upgrade.

The harpoons can one shot the
ruvik clones
and almost every other enemy.

The only ones I never tried it on are two "bosses"
1 chainsaw guy who uses a rocket launcher and 2 keepers
that return in the chapter 15.

The boss is extremely easy as long as you aren't a dumbo and don't have any ammo making you have to farm the slugs it spawns to get ammo, like I did. It's seriously the easiest thing in the game.

Seeing it written out like that sounds like unfair bullshit.

RE4 knew how to be hard without putting unfair bullshit in the game. And the instakills were telegraphed and actually gave you a chance to avoid them.

KyleCross

No, but there is something I discovered that will make your life possibly easier, but this is really late game and the game restocks you on the ammo you need so it probably ain't even worth it, but still I'll drop it and try to be cryptic.

You'll find yourself in a large area made out of guts and giant eyeballs with a lot of enemies, at some point a larger enemies comes out carrying a strong weapon. That enemy stays put unless you get close to it or attack it (at least it seems that way, I didn't test it extensively), so what you can do is you can attempt to group up enemies and have that enemy fire an attack at you and then run, causing the attack to kill the group.

Like I said, you don't really need it but the section is kinda rough so maybe. Also after that section you'll end up fighting two big enemies together, at that point just fucking unload. Don't worry about ammo conservation, you won't need to.

360pages

No, it's a shit way to make fights harder.

That kind of difficulty isn't fun, it's just stupid.

I hate them too. I just assume that is what was going in their head when they gave every single boss one of them.

The life bar is there so the player can make mistakes, it might as well be removed during boss fights considering they all have an instant kill they will do at will.

JoJo94

It's a good way to make fights harder because of how numerous check points are and the shorter chapter by chapter gameplay. The game is slightly longer than RE4, but yet is cut up slightly more.

They can kill you and have you respawn a few minutes before where you were. Wasting enough time to extend the game without frustrating the player.

Too bad most people notice the sheer volume of them.

Yeah I did notice that you were never too far away from a checkpoint whenever one happened, but like you said there are so many that it becomes a bit stressful in my opinion.

Its not.

That mode is the first time I ever threw a controller.

Its such fucking horseshit.

Yeah I get having a challenge of course but one hit is death for a game like this seems kind of ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom