• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

Yeah I did notice that you were never too far away from a checkpoint whenever one happened, but like you said there are so many that it becomes a bit stressful in my opinion.

Yeah I get having a challenge of course but one hit is death for a game like this seems kind of ridiculous.

Oh. Not to mention the enemy placements are changed, placing harder enemies in early chapters, and not letting you NG+ it.

Mikami explained it as something people will have bragging rights to if they beat it.

I beat the mode.

But I don't feel like bragging that I can tolerate more bullshit than you.

Oh. Not to mention the enemy placements are changed, placing harder enemies in early chapters, and not letting you NG+ it.

Mikami explained it as something people will have bragging rights to if they beat it.

I beat the mode.

Can you NG+ it after you beat the mode? Or can you just not ever?

It grabs you, shoots a second mouth out of its mouth Alien style then bites your head off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqHqjJEgNfM

Wtf there's not even a telegraph for that, it just straight up kills you.

Beloved

Pat looks fabulous in that pic.

for some reason it makes me think of these posters but with Pat's face photoshopped onto it:

large.jpg
Which I am now tempted to do but effort

Xiraiya

I hate them too. I just assume that is what was going in their head when they gave every single boss one of them.
The life bar is there so the player can make mistakes, it might as well be removed during boss fights considering they all have an instant kill they will do at will.

Most bosses regular hits didn't do very much damage, but the problem was they all pretty much had a 50/50 chance (Sometimes more) of auto killing you whenever you got close, that is fucking ridiculous, it would be one thing if there was like 1 specific move they would rarely do that's an instant kill, like something you might encounter once or twice in a decent length fight, but no.

I rather deal with underwhelming bosses that a bit easy, than bosses who ALL will probably kill you at the most random times, both scenarios are badly designed regardless, but you get the point.

Well, went out with plans of grocery shopping, but came back with a pizza instead because I'm an irresponsible adult who often shops on an empty stomach.

The pleasures of independent living.

sjay1994

Can you NG+ it after you beat the mode? Or can you just not ever?

I don't know.

After I beat the mode.... I ejected the game from my PS4. Erased the hard drive data. Walked to the ebgames close to my university, and sold it for credit on bloodborne.

Not even joking.

Fuck Akumu mode.

If you're still here Pat, you mentioning Triple Triad makes me feel the need to let both you and Liam know since you briefly played it that FF14 is getting Triple Triad in the next patch in about 2 or 3 more months.

I don't know.

After I beat the mode.... I ejected the game from my PS4. Erased the hard drive data. Walked to the ebgames close to my university, and sold it for credit on bloodborne.

Not even joking.

Fuck Akumu mode.

Git Gud.

JoJo94

I beat the mode.

"Hey I cut my leg off."

"Oh yeah well I cut both of mine off beat that"

Is that basically it?

I don't know.

Not even joking.

Fuck Akumu mode.

Jeez. Was skipping that mode an option? Or did the game's Stand compel you to do it?

360pages

Most bosses regular hits didn't do very much damage, but the problem was they all pretty much had a 50/50 chance (Sometimes more) of auto killing you whenever you got close, that is fucking ridiculous, it would be one thing if there was like 1 specific move they would rarely do that's an instant kill, like something you might encounter once or twice in a decent length fight, but no.

I rather deal with underwhelming bosses that a bit easy, than bosses who ALL will probably kill you at the most random times, both scenarios are badly designed regardless, but you get the point.

If they were telegraphed it wouldn't be too bad along with giving you a fucking dodge roll. Seriously, I don't know why there isn't a prompt for running attack to dodge out of the way.

They just kill you whenever they feel like.

I feel like I could forgive The Evil Within's bullshit if it just had the quirkiness of RE4.

Plus the protagonist Sebastian has no charisma. He is the Jai Courtney of video games.

sjay1994

"Hey I cut my leg off."

"Oh yeah well I cut both of mine off beat that"

Is that basically it?

Pretty much. You don't feel satisfied by beating it. You just feel like you wasted so much time.

Just shoot them.

This is what I had to do, or just sneak by them but I missed so many trap parts. Ammo is also limited in Akumu.

Jeez. Was skipping that mode an option? Or did the game's Stand compel you to do it?

I am unfortunately a platinum trophy whore.

I need that fucking new DOOM trailer in my veins.

You are not good enough

I'm loving all this Yakuza talk in both videos today literally a day before Yakuza localization was announced.

Wait really? I forget, what were we talkin about? I remember in Game Awards Liam and I debate making my g/f translate Yakuza 5 for me and I decide that's a bad idea. Whats the other one?

I would literally pay money to see the DOOM trailer. Put it on some other shitty game, I'll buy it. ZOE1 that shit.

It's always weird for me when people talk about Doom cause I never played it.

I've also never touched a Final Fantasy game in my life. Not even close to handling a controller with it playing.

sjay1994

Sure he has charisma! Didn't you read all those notebooks that said he has charisma??

Oh, and don't forget about random guy in save room who spouts exposition that goes fucking no where.

You know what I feel? That the Kidman DLC is supposed to explain everything, but fuck if I am buying it.

Wait really? I forget, what were we talkin about? I remember in Game Awards Liam and I debate making my g/f translate Yakuza 5 for me and I decide that's a bad idea. Whats the other one?

Matt made a comment in the WWE 2K15 video about it. I can't specifically remember what he said but it was during your guys custom character intros.

I'm sure that was recorded earlier in the week, maybe before though so that may have caused some confusion.

sjay1994

I would literally pay money to see the DOOM trailer. Put it on some other shitty game, I'll buy it. ZOE1 that shit.

Also gais pls I'm 2kool

Then you should have gone to QUAKEcon shit lord. Looks like you are not willing to spend money on it.

/jk I hope you see the trailer one of these days.... with out needing to spend money on it

Zenfalcia

Matt made a comment in the WWE 2K15 video about it. I can't specifically remember what he said but it was during your guys custom character intros.

I think it was while he was entering, and saying Pat was angry because Yakuza 5 will never get localized. Was it Matt or Liam?

Pat's point about arguing with Liam yesterday is in today's video, and it's hilarious to hear him say it rather than just read the text.

Woolie's tired drunkeness is great, and Destiny is a rancid pile of shit.

Alfebit

Banned

I'm sure that was recorded earlier in the week, maybe before though so that may have caused some confusion.

He said something along the lines of "Your character is screaming about how mad he is that Sega isn't localizing Yakuza 5".

If you bought wolfenstein in the first week like a good person you would have gotten a doom beta key, like I did.

Y'know I totally forgot about that. I almost did, but then money. Also I want it now now now.

I've also never touched a Final Fantasy game in my life. Not even close to handling a controller with it playing.
DOOM is definitely old, but it holds up mechanically. I'm way too young for it to make sense that I love it, but I love the shit out of it.

Then you should have gone to QUAKEcon shit lord. Looks like you are not willing to spend money on it.

/jk I hope you see the trailer one of these days.... with out needing to spend money on it
Did they announce the DOOM trailer after preregistration was over? I don't think I heard about it until the week of.

If I knew about that during prereg I would have gone since its probably a 30-60 min drive.

Squishy3

ha @ liam fucking up and saying matt's fiance's name and making pat have to do work

i guess that's how pat hath been blighted this week

http://i.imgur.com/01pvWhh.jpg

Y'know I totally forgot about that. I almost did, but then money. Also I want it now now now.

The doom beta will come out eventually and then laugh at the unfortunate to not play it.
I'm just kidding, it will probably be a crook of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom