• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

Pat's point about arguing with Liam yesterday is in today's video, and it's hilarious to hear him say it rather than just read the text.

Woolie's tired drunkeness is great, and Destiny is a rancid pile of shit.

OH SHIT... THE VIDS OUT?

Also, I bought the season pass to destiny......

I fucked up super hard.

Did they announce the DOOM trailer after preregistration was over? I don't think I heard about it until the week of.

If I knew about that during prereg I would have gone since its probably a 30-60 min drive.

They actually announced DOOM with wolfenstien because if you pre ordered you got into the beta. People only got to see gameplay at Quakecon

KyleCross

oh.. and look at the bombs on akumu mode

Wall_Trap.png

jVR6OoW.gif

.... I also bought it digitally....

I REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY FUCKED UP

I thought people were being harsh on it but I stopped at almost the same place everyone else did after the Moon.

It's not a bad game it's just... soulless? Feels like so damn much is missing.

JoJo94

Everything is all right with the world. Also Pat was kind enough to have some 1-1 matches with me, so I'm endlessly appreciative of that as well.

Congrats Maragi one of your dreams has come true.
Yes I am not going to make a TLG joke this time you're safe for now.

sjay1994

I thought people were being harsh on it but I stopped at almost the same place everyone else did after the Moon.

It's not a bad game it's just... soulless? Feels like so damn much is missing.

This.

The core shooting mechanics are great. But the world, story, and tone of the game is souless. And progression is limited by RNG and repetition.

I think part of the reason why I am getting tired of a lot of AAA games is that they take themselves way too seriously and try too hard. An example of a game that knows how to be dark but does it in a mature way are the Souls games. With the way Evil Within is, it just seems like a mish mash of horror tropes but without the understanding of what makes them scary. The super serious protagonist is boring and unlikable.

Squishy3

Minor Jojo's part 4 spoilers:
When Pat is in the video talking about how RPS is the best game and it should win every year I was hoping he'd say it's automatically the best because there's a Jojo's stand based around rock paper scissors.

When Pat is in the video talking about how RPS is the best game and it should win every year I was hoping he'd say it's automatically the best because there's a Jojo's stand based around rock paper scissors.

Rps kid is the fucking shit.

That was one of the best things of Part 4, granted part 4 is pretty fucking great all around

That Sierra segment was just as good the second time.

Until that asshat took the hat off.

I know right? what a disrespectful shithead. If you are going to reanimate a corpse with their name it is literally the least you could do.

I was really bored when watching the stream and everyone was lashing out at everything in the steam chat so I am really negative on the award shows

I know right? what a disrespectful shithead. If you are going to reanimate a corpse with their name it is literally the least you could do.

I was really bored when watching the stream and everyone was lashing out at everything in the steam chat so I am really negative on the award shows

I made sure to close the chat. I didn't want anyone ruining anything for me with negativity.

WOOLIE IT WAS LIKE 8 PM FOR YOU. WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING.

Seriously that hat thing was such bullshit like jesus christ im not even big on kings quest but when the creator of the game youre working on basically passes the torch in such a sweet sincere way and you just SHIT ON HER in front of all those people. Like fuck off seriously

According to his Twitter, beecause he "didn't want to puke in it"

It's a bullshit excuse that makes no sense. He's just an asshole.
It makes perfect sense, the dude was nervous as fuck, I'm sure anyone would be in that situation. It doesn't make the deed any less shitty, but "asshole" feels like a stretch for describing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom