• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm talking about. Spooky usual knows his shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sffEBDO9oVU
Ohhhh. I thought you meant the Hostess clubs like in the Yakuza SBF videos... Man that does sound really bad.
As much as Id like to get bodied in smash I'm burnt the fuck out from studying so im outta here. See ya later guys I guess ill hang out on frienderGAF a little more than not at all in the future!
See ya. Hope you do hang around here more.

So I played Mirror's edge for the first time today because it was free. Man is that game really fun. I forget what was woolie's blight with that game. Something about the shooting or whatever.
For me, it's the forced combat sections and some of the late game levels not being fun to go through, especially when there are moments that you are forced to stop and take things more slowly instead of just running. That game peaks really high at the end of chapter 1 and then slowly starts to go downhill as it continues.

I like the gameplay concept, but the campaign around it isn't very strong, and even then there are still some things I would've done differently with the mechanics and controls. That game's longevity is in the time trials though, which are super fun.

Also I played more Stick of Truth and got to the part where
you're abducted by aliens and get an anal probe.
This shit continues to totally be South Park and make me laugh at truly horrible things.

I've heard some stuff about that. Is it because he's focusing on people in public? Otherwise Woolie Vs Japan is pretty guilty too.

There are certain places where you can't film no matter what, and trying to film actual people instead of just the sights is considered extremely rude and can get you in a lot of trouble.

As for Woolie, most of the places he did seemed to be fine. Usually they'll let you know if you're filming somewhere you're not supposed to be.

Also I played more Stick of Truth and got to the part where
you're abducted by aliens and get an anal probe.
This shit continues to totally be South Park and make me laugh at truly horrible things.

I need to boot that up. Picked it up the other day.

sjay1994

I love Zelda but I hate Zelda games. I love the feel but the games, save for say, OoT, LTTP and Original, always fail to deliver. Dark Souls is basically just...well, dark Zelda.

I feel the same way.

I love the idea of zelda, but when I play those games, I just get bored around the mid point and just stop playing them.

Made a list of the games I want in 2015:

Legend of Zelda U (The anticipation is making me shake)
Star Fox U
Bloodborne
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Majora's Mask 3D
Persona 5
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mighty No. 9

Stuff that I hope comes out:
Pokken Tournament
SMT x FE

I love Zelda but I hate Zelda games. I love the feel but the games, save for say, OoT, LTTP and Original, always fail to deliver. Dark Souls is basically just...well, dark Zelda.

Well I hope you give this new one a shot. It looks like a major change in the formula and it has great potential

I know this isn't new news, but look how fucking cool concept art Juri is
6eEGQOm.jpg

I don't like very many Zelda games (didn't play many as a kid), but loved OoT when I emulated it. Unfortunately, LTTP didn't jive with me (I think I got overwhelmed by the size of the world after I entered the Dark World and got a little bit bored). Is the game good enough that it deserves another go?

I fucking love TP and WW, and I had a lot of fun with ALBW, but I'm very excited to see the exploration of the series as a priority this time around. I don't think they've gotten that right since WW.

I fucking love TP and WW, and I had a lot of fun with ALBW, but I'm very excited to see the exploration of the series as a priority this time around. I don't think they've gotten that right since WW.

I like the freedom in the dungeons and the order in which you tackle them in A Link Between Worlds. The game did not feel like bullshit like Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, or Skyward Sword.

I love A Link Between Worlds.

Made a list of the games I want in 2015:

Legend of Zelda U (The anticipation is making me shake)
Star Fox U
Bloodborne
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Majora's Mask 3D
Persona 5
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mighty No. 9

Stuff that I hope comes out:
Pokken Tournament
SMT x FE

Well I hope you give this new one a shot. It looks like a major change in the formula and it has great potential

Completely forgot about Pokken. Is that being ported to non-arcades at all, or is it unknown?

ITT: Bad Evil Within players. Seriously from the sounds of it a lot of you need to get good.

Here come the Evil Within race wars.

Yeah, but we got a cool Jolyne lookalike... It's still pretty good right?

We already had Zombie Santana Ate, American Strohiem, and Lisa Lisa though

I can't fucking handle how hype she is, you guys. I love current Juri, but this... oh my god this.

These concept SFIV characters would've been so amazing. I'm so sad now.

I NEED IT. I wish we had gotta Little Boy Abel That Looks Like A Girl

The game is rough around the edges but it is nowhere near as bad people in this thread are making out. I'd say it has more technical issues than gameplay ones.

The letterboxing is a technical issue that becomes a major gameplay one. And to be fair, if you hadn't played RE4, I could forgive your point of view. The issue is that it introduces new gameplay problems in scenarios in which RE4 had already discovered and implemented a solution for them.

For example - I got stuck in one of the upcoming parts because a puzzle element was literally hidden from view inside the letterboxing.

Hope you'll end up liking Majora's then.

I hope I even still like it. I have some great memories of playing it but who knows if that will hold up. OoT didn't.

As for Evil, that may be why I'm enjoying it so much despite the flaws. I never actually played RE4. Hadn't even seen most of the game until you guys did the LP.

The letterboxing is a technical issue that becomes a major gameplay one. And to be fair, if you hadn't played RE4, I could forgive your point of view. The issue is that it introduces new gameplay problems in scenarios in which RE4 had already discovered and implemented a solution for them.

Can we add bad conveyance to that list?

For example - I got stuck in one of the upcoming parts because a puzzle element was literally hidden from view inside the letterboxing.

Cool. Looking forward to it.

ultimax

The game is rough around the edges but it is nowhere near as bad people in this thread are making out. I'd say it has more technical issues than gameplay ones.
For me, my problem with evil within is 100% the letterboxing. It annoys me so much to the point where I don't even know if I'm going to finish the game.

Anung

Un Rama

The letter boxing is a mind blowing decision by Mikami as from what I can tell it does nothing to ease the framerate of the game. So unless it was intentional to make the game more claustrophobic and the traps harder to see the game would be way better without it. I never had an issue with it in a gameplay perspective because I took the game slow and was extra mindful of my surroundings (horror game) as a result. Something you may not have the luxury of during a LP.

I'm not saying the game is 420/10 game of the year but it far from the shit show a lot of people seem to making it out to be. It's obviously not on Resident Evil 4's level.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm apart of the Destiny hate crew now. I've put hundreds of hours in and levelled 2 characters to 30. But its evident they have no idea what they are doing with the game and the changes they are making are mental. It seems the design doc for Destiny must be CTRL + C, CTRL + V ad nauseam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom