• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
Only getting 4 hours sleep a night now and it's driving me crazy. Laying in bed now and I might as well just get up. Shits starting to run me down a bit.

I see how the Baz came to exist, SF concept art is fucking crazy
Juri_art.jpg
Juri_art_2.jpg
Please note the man who looks like Santa Claus coupled with a penguin.

sjay1994

I'm apart of the Destiny hate crew now. I've put hundreds of hours in and levelled 2 characters to 30. But its evident they have no idea what they are doing with the game and the changes they are making are mental. It seems the design doc for Destiny must be CTRL + C, CTRL + V ad nauseam.

How? I am stuck at 28

I've done the vault of glass 7 times and only got one piece of raid gear.

Fuck your game if progression is gained through randomness.

Anung

Un Rama
How? I am stuck at 28

I've done the vault of glass 7 times and only got one piece of raid gear.

Fuck your game if progression is gained through randomness.

Levelled up 2 exotic helms (one warlock, one hunter) and completed the raid each week since launch. The RNG is bullshit.

Zenfalcia

So it begins

Wish me luck for this week frienders

Finals already started for me..
I have another one this morning... I'm deciding on sleeping or failing to cram for 3 hours. There's other factors, but then I'll just be getting super personal and no one wants that.

I directly linked from the wiki and they became tiny due to high traffic. My bad. Can't download the big version to rehost either.

Not even open the large image in a new tab and then rehost to imgur by copy and pasting the link?

Nordicus

Just tried out Uncharted 1 for an hour because better late than never, and woof, I'd call that game outright janky to be honest.

hughesta

Banned
God I'm so excited for the best friends watch psx. I have tomorrow off tomorrow, really hope it goes up. Pat's reaction to Yakuza is the stuff of dreams :)

sjay1994

Man, I want to like that Drawn to Death game.

The idea is so fucking great, and the gameplay (especially devil kung lao with pentagram wall jumps) looks good.

But how the aesthetic is pulled of doesn't look to great.

That would be so sweet if that design and character made it in P4. Dojima would get on your ass for hanging out with a degenerate, it would be so interesting
I really like the more mature looking cast they had in these early concept sketches. This is Yukiko and Rise.
Yukiko:
d1s5Pap.jpg

i4Ch8LO.jpg

Rise:
JUTCY88.jpg
If anyone curious you can google Chie and Yosuke. They look almost the same as the final game.

We could of had a cool short haired Yukiko? Man I would have much preferred her than the one we got...
There's also one sketch of a long hair Chie, so I think the idea is they were gonna be friends, where one was always going to be short haired, and the other long.
These are great.

The first half of Rise's look exactly like Lisa, and the other half look a bit like Saki
The right half looks really good. I think Saki was them putting that design to good use.

demidar

I really like the more mature looking cast they had in these early concept sketches. This is Yukiko and Rise.

If anyone curious you can google Chie and Yosuke. They look almost the same as the final game.

From those concepts I'm inclined to agree, although Rise's concept wouldn't work since idols are meant to look young.

The top right headshot of Rise looks a bit like Ai Ebihara.

There's also one sketch of a long hair Chie, so I think the idea is they were gonna be friends, where one was always going to be short haired, and the other long.
Yeah I can see that. It feels like they were meant to be opposites and complement together in both design and personality.
I can't find the big version, but short hair Mitsuru is gdlk, and Elizabeth had a ton of cool designs
Wow they really reused that design on Margret...

Hey, kind of an insane question, but there's no RETAIL outlet I could look to get PS2 stuff for, right?

Not unless you have any locally run game store ran by guys that just sell old stuff.

We have a place a city over from me for example that bought out all the Blockbuster when they shut down so they have tons of stuff like that. Look for places like that.

Hey, kind of an insane question, but there's no RETAIL outlet I could look to get PS2 stuff for, right?

No chain places, man. Unless the Great White North has some godlike store with no market sense and infinite shelf space. Find a mom n' pop.

Also, WTF are you looking to leave your house for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom