• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chain places, man. Unless the Great White North has some godlike store with no market sense and infinite shelf space. Find a mom n' pop.

Also, WTF are you looking to leave your house for?

My PS2s been sitting at Matts for a while and Im looking to get it back, but I'd want to get a new controller, and Amazon.ca is being incredibly unhelpful as to whether or not they're knockoffs or not.

My PS2s been sitting at Matts for a while and Im looking to get it back, but I'd want to get a new controller, and Amazon.ca is being incredibly unhelpful as to whether or not they're knockoffs or not.

I haven't had a PS2 in ages so I can't recall exactly, but can't PS3 controllers work with them?

Hey, kind of an insane question, but there's no RETAIL outlet I could look to get PS2 stuff for, right?

Unless it's specifically one of those specialty stores, like VGNY, I'd doubt that GameStop/EB still has PS2 stuff. That was the first place I looked for P3/P4 since oddly the Gamestop nearest me has a display stand for PS2 stuff still.

eBay is probably your best bet for old controller stuff other than a mom n pop.
I could have sworn there was an adapter for them that came out and I figured between you and Matt maybe one of you had one. Guess not.
No way dude, that's not real. There's PS2 to 3, but not the other way around.

I can see how you could get to this conclusion tho... My old fat ps2 had USB ports, but I still don't think you could have used it.
The main reason it couldn't work/doesn't exist is that converting a digital signal USB to the analog proprietary connector would likely be pretty damn expensive for a really small niche.

I do have a PS2 to USB connector though. That thing is great, I used it for 2D games on PC over the 360 dpad.

Hey Pat sorry if you've seen this listing already but the seller days Sony and the reviews seem to indicate it's legit. If I'm just being a dumb ass and it doesn't help let me know

demidar

It works when I switch out com with ca to me at least.

I should probably get to adding my info some time even though I don't have 3DS or PS3 games I could play with people

I'm not gonna bother with my 360 account since I unplugged that system for good, and I don't usually use my PS3 to play online. I will do Wii U FC someday but not my 3DS since they're different regions and I don't care enough.

Oh man, around a week ago I ordered one of these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006FWUU/?tag=neogaf0e-20, used, like new for $15/free shipping over $35.

Controller arrived and it was in perfect/unused condition. When I ordered there were 10 or 15 left from the seller, now that seller isn't selling them anymore. Should've grabbed three or four instead of one.

I have a stack of sealed controllers in the corner just in case. If I got a PS2 pad I'd likely just put it into the stack and use my old one that I got when I re-upped and got my PS2 slim in like 2010.

I'm not gonna bother with my 360 account since I unplugged that system for good, and I don't usually use my PS3 to play online. I will do Wii U FC someday but not my 3DS since they're different regions and I don't care enough.
Yeah, I was waiting to get Smash/Ultimax/Xrd so I'd have a decent reason to add it but people seem to go through it from time to time and doing it right before we set something up would probably be a terrible idea

Yeah, I was waiting to get Smash/Ultimax/Xrd so I'd have a decent reason to add it but people seem to go through it from time to time and doing it right before we set something up would probably be a terrible idea
Just add everybody when you get the game for that system yo. Winter Break I'm hoping all three of those games get some real playtime. Gonna be hype.

I actually have consoles like Pat has controllers. 2 Dreamcasts, 2 PS2s, 2 Gamecubes, 2 Wiis. One of my PS2s has a bad laser, so I had to swap over, and one Wii's disc drive got wrecked by a family member.

Oh man don't get me started on my handhelds. Poor things.

MormaPope

Banned
I have a stack of sealed controllers in the corner just in case. If I got a PS2 pad I'd likely just put it into the stack and use my old one that I got when I re-upped and got my PS2 slim in like 2010.

Speaking of sealed and new, new copies of Yakuza 2 on PS2 are going for $99 on Amazon US, used copies are going for $50+. Picked up a copy from Gamestop for $20 new in 2009.

Coming across a cheap copy of Yakuza 2 is a golden opportunity (haven't checked Ebay though).

Speaking of sealed and new, new copies of Yakuza 2 on PS2 are going for $99 on Amazon US, used copies are going for $50+. Picked up a copy from Gamestop for $20 new in 2009.

Coming across a cheap copy of Yakuza 2 is a golden opportunity (haven't checked Ebay though).
I really hope Sega releases the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD remakes here too... I wouldn't wanna get Yakuza 2 at those prices.

Those games didn't even break top 100 when they released in japan. No chance.

M8ohMWo.gif

MormaPope

Banned
I actually have consoles like Pat has controllers. 2 Dreamcasts, 2 PS2s, 2 Gamecubes, 2 Wiis. One of my PS2s has a bad laser, so I had to swap over, and one Wii's disc drive got wrecked by a family member.

Oh man don't get me started on my handhelds. Poor things.

I got a PS2 slim going on six or so years ago, put some time into it, not a lot though. The fucker makes a clicking noise when I try to play PS1 games nowadays, not a grinding noise, but the plastic arm on the top right skipping or something. Eventually after resetting or reclosing the top the game will load and run perfectly fine. No issues with any PS2 games, even CD format PS2 games. PS1 games cause that clicking noise and the disc won't be read.

One of the best gaming libraries of all time combined with one of the the most finicky consoles. Will probably end up getting another slim and/or a PS1.

EDIT: I was wrong, the cheapest new copy of Yakuza 2 is $84 bucks on Amazon US.

XFWuTaG.jpg

That's what remains of my PS2 collection after a huge sell off and after my brother took his games with him when he moved out.

DMC1 is indeed there. Damn I want to try Godhand though.

Wow... I didn't think it did that badly. Looking it up, It didn't even sell 2,000 it's opening week. I guess I have to pay the outrageous prices...
Holy shit, isn't that worse than W101? That's like a fucking achievement.
I got a PS2 slim going on six or so years ago, put some time into it, not a lot though. The fucker makes a clicking noise when I try to play PS1 games nowadays, not a grinding noise, but the plastic arm on the top right skipping or something. Eventually after resetting or reclosing the top the game will load and run perfectly fine. No issues with any PS2 games, even CD format PS2 games. PS1 games cause that clicking noise and the disc won't be read.

One of the best gaming libraries of all time combined with one of the the most finicky consoles. Will probably end up getting another slim and/or a PS1.
That's really odd, wish I could help you there. Both my PS2s are fats.

MormaPope

Banned
Holy shit, isn't that worse than W101? That's like a fucking achievement.

That's really odd, wish I could help you there. Both my PS2s are fats.

My only beef with the PS2 market are slims AND phats are still pricey for how many PS2s are out in the wild. $60 for a used console from a non shady looking Amazon dealer? $150 new for slims? Fuck. These things were everywhere.

From VGA video: Wait, Woolie hates Cerebella? Worst best friend confirmed.

Actually, I can somewhat agree from a design stand point, she looks weird. It's the reason I didn't try maining her until my 3rd or 4th go at the game. But Filia being cool over her? Get the hell out of here.

The thread would be full to burst with cum if that happened, don't worry.
Alright. I haven't been on NeoGAF for most of the day yesterday, so I wouldn't have known.
From VGA video: Wait, Woolie hates Cerebella? Worst best friend confirmed.

Actually, I can somewhat agree from a design stand point, she looks weird. It's the reason I didn't try maining her until my 3rd or 4th go at the game.
It took me when she took her hat off to really like her design. I didn't realize it was a hat. It just seemed like a thing on her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom