• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying its gonna be good or bad, I'm just saying it sounds really interesting to keep an eye out for.
I'll wait for the ending fan reaction first.
Have you watched JoJo 2012? The second half of Stardust Crusaders starts up in January and as a big dumb adventure it is pretty great.
By "New Anime" I mean OC anime. I have been somewhat been keeping up with Jojo. I just get excited for the new Eden of the East, but keep getting disappointed.

Xiraiya

No.....the last time there was a team like this, it was Attack on Titan that was the result. The anime studio and the director both did Attack on Titan and the creator/writer is from Code Geass. I have no clue where people are getting that this is basically guilty crown from. Other than the director there's absolutely no correlation. Production IG did the animation for guilty crown and the writer wasn't the same guy?

Guilty Crown
Director: Tetsurō Araki (Death Note/AOT Director)

Writers:
Hiroyuki Yoshino (Assisted Ichiro in Code Geass)
Assistant: Ichirō Ōkouchi (Code Geass Writer)

The only thing GC actually got right was the animation, setting and music.

Attack On Titan was adapted from a well established Manga, as was Death Note.
Code Geass and Guilty Crown were both created by those teams purely for TV with no previous work to adapt.
So that's why people are comparing it to Guilty Crown, because it's the same circle of people writing it.

Will it be good? Perhaps, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just pointing out that we had this scenario before and it ended badly.

Xiraiya

I don't understand Brad's existence, everything about that guy seems like he's not even alive, in any capacity.
Zombie in talking, playing games, emotions, it's weird.

He's quite clearly GB's "Liam" for me, where everything about him is just makes me need to tell him to shut up.

I don't understand Brad's existence, everything about that guy seems like he's not even alive, in any capacity.
Zombie in talking, playing games, emotions, it's weird.

He's quite clearly GB's "Liam" for me, where everything about him is just makes me need to tell him to shut up.
But I love his smooth, southern drawl...and him pulling a brad in every quick look.

I loved that it was a long running project since the site's inception to record all instances of him dying in a game on camera, it's amazing.

Xiraiya

Think theyll revisit for sthat new thing uhhh something of the first sinner?

Not likely, probably as a one off quick look, Oh right they might just look at the new DLC, but probably for the regular DS2 so Woolie can use his character, so far you can't transfer saves.

Right now I'm not that impressed by it, it just looks actually as badly as lit as it does now only with extra effects added on top, it's not really the awesome E3 DS2 yet, maybe the trailer is just an early showing and it'll keep getting restored/enhanced.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Back from shopping. Didn't pick up a PS4
yet, I'll probably get one for christmas.
But I got some pretty cool items...

And THIS:
Dac4A3B.jpg
My body is ready.

Would Persona 2: Innocent Sin be a good LP game?

Even though I still haven't finished the game, I feel like it would be a good LP for the Super Best Friends. When I first tried to played the game, I felt that the game had a unique way of introducing the area to the player for the first time with a
big
dumb
goofy
quest. Soon after that, the introduction to the
rival
character was disappointing, yet somehow interesting. Soon after gaining the
main objective
in the
game
, the
antagonist
? shows up in a dramatic way and I felt deeply empathetic to the people he had
harmed
in his
brief appearance.
There are
dumb
crazy
optional side quests you can do and silly events you can trigger in order to learn more about the characters, but the
tone
that the
antagonist
sets
never leaves

I felt like the Zaibatsu had introduced me to things that my friends would never even heard of such as Barkley, Swery games, and fighting games. I would think it would be good that they would show a Persona game that was before P3. That you don't need S-links to add development to a character in a Persona game. That the P3 and P4 universe isn't all that.

I know that it is an RPG that could take hours to complete, but I'm hoping for at least a quick look.

Nonspoiler:
It would also be a great troll video for people asking for a P4 LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom