• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, frienders, for the next couple hours I'm gonna be taking a quick visit to downtown Seattle in search of arcades, specifically DDR cabinets, so I can see just how decent/potentially shitty their condition is. I need something relieve myself after studying all morning and I could go for something that I don't have at home. If it's successful, great, I'll probably take more trips to Seattle in the future for stuff like this. If not, fuck this country (or at least this part of Washington state).

Wish me luck.

I am wishing you luck, bro.

I should go grocery shopping.

360pages

People are just weird, especially on the internet, when enough people do similar weird things, it becomes normal and then normal things become odd.
That has been the biggest lesson I learned on the internet, that it's actually really weird to be exactly the same online and offline, which is how I am.

But many people seem normal outwardly offline but then go on the internet and start being like "my waifu is so kawai xd lol"
Which will always be an aggravating thought.

Well that's both a good thing and a bad thing. It allows people to be overall more open, it also allows people to be complete idiots.

People will always act different depending on the situation.

People are just weird, especially on the internet, when enough people do similar weird things, it becomes normal and then normal things become odd.
That has been the biggest lesson I learned on the internet, that it's actually really weird to be exactly the same online and offline, which is how I am.

But many people seem normal outwardly offline but then go on the internet and start being like "my waifu is so kawai xd lol"

Normal is all relative. I'm actually more reserved in person until I am more familiar with you. Trust takes some time to gain from me, but once it's there it's for life.

Hey I don't remember if it was brought up but how is the secret Santa thing working? On the 10th are we going to be assigned people from the list?

Ideally tomorrow night I put the names in a random shuffler. From tomorrow night to Christmas , we all have 2 weeks to select and figure out gifts for the other person based on GAF and general knowledge.

Well, frienders, for the next couple hours I'm gonna be taking a quick visit to downtown Seattle in search of arcades, specifically DDR cabinets, so I can see just how decent/potentially shitty their condition is. I need something relieve myself after studying all morning and I could go for something that I don't have at home. If it's successful, great, I'll probably take more trips to Seattle in the future for stuff like this. If not, fuck this country (or at least this part of Washington state).

Wish me luck.

Good luck man. If there's not an old DDR cabinet I'd be surprised. Even KY's terrible arcade have 'em.

Anonymity, for some, is thought of as a free pass to express their most base opinions and desires without fear of repercussions.

One of the things I do like about GAF is that since an account is tied to a paid address and because mods seek to stop alt accounts, many people do actually gain a reputation here that they can't just ignore.

Village

Both.

I'll argue he gave some shit about Naruto, but it wasn't in any healthy way.

I think it was just as everyone else, an obstacle, and object a thing to be gotten rid of that is in the way of his goal.

Naruto was just one he knew a bit better. But even then, I struggle to say they had any sort of relationship.

I hold to this day shikimaru is his actual best friend

All the smack talk sasuke aside, him going out learning that the world aint THAT bad would probably be a good idea. Putting him in jail probably wouldn't help, a dude like sasuke has been living in a prison designed by dudes who have been out to get him before his existence.Also... who could keep him in there, the worse naruto did was loose an arm, There is no means to stop a man that powerful.

I hope, kekashi gets the people who were around for the Uchiha massacre decision and gets them to pay for every Single piece of damage done by sasuke. "" you thought that it was a good financial decision to just disenfranchise people, fine. You will be paying for the collateral damage. "

Wish me luck.
Good luck man. I'm sure you'll find at least one that doesn't look like it's from the 50s

I think I'm mostly how I am in person, I just feel more comfortable to talk about more things since I'm around people who have similar interests, and that's mostly what it is. Would it aggravate you less if they talked about their kawaii waifus in person as well?

Wish me luck.

Yoooooo, I grew up in WA. King County?

I encounter that a lot too, but for me personally I tend to be nicer online than to my good offline friends (I call them shitlords and we mock each other all the time). Online I'm goofy but polite (or so I like to think). People that aren't classified as good friends though in real life don't know my true self at all, since I just act reserved and professional.

MormaPope

Banned
A little lesson for everybody, don't combine low end malt liquor with a whole frozen pizza and cheetos, you'll end up like Eddie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8uoaFuBhUs.

Seriously though, that feeling after vomiting:
con-air-gif.gif

croten

I think it was just as everyone else, an obstacle, and object a thing to be gotten rid of that is in the way of his goal.

Naruto was just one he knew a bit better. But even then, I struggle to say they had any sort of relationship.

I hold to this day shikimaru is his actual best friend

All the smack talk sasuke aside, him going out learning that the world aint THAT bad would probably be a good idea. Putting him in jail probably wouldn't help, a dude like sasuke has been living in a prison designed by dudes who have been out to get him before his existence.Also... who could keep him in there, the worse naruto did was loose an arm, There is no means to stop a man that powerful.

I hope, kekashi gets the people who were around for the Uchiha massacre decision and gets them to pay for every Single piece of damage done by sasuke. "" you thought that it was a good financial decision to just disenfranchise people, fine. You will be paying for the collateral damage. "

He needs to pay for his actions. If he can't be held in prison he needs to pay for it some other way. Execution if nothing else.

360pages

Seriously? The brute was supposed to be a stealth boss? Why and how? Outside of the dumbass instant kill move none of its attacks do that much damage. Once spotted hiding from it seems completely pointless and the fight doesn't seem to take long enough to warrant extending it by hiding.

360pages

He needs to pay for his actions. If he can't be held in prison he needs to pay for it some other way. Execution if nothing else.

Sasuke...I don't know, since a lot of shit happened to him that wasn't his fault. (Even if some of the things he did was legit vile.) He still helped save the world at the end of the day and Naruto and Kakashi vouched for him.

Orochmaru on the other hand was a legit complete monster, but it doesn't seem he was ever punished either.

Okingjrr

croten

Sasuke...I don't know, since a lot of shit happened to him that wasn't his fault. (Even if some of the things he did was legit vile.) He still helped save the world at the end of the day and Naruto and Kakashi vouched for him.

Orochmaru on the other hand was a legit complete monster, but it doesn't seem he was ever punished either.

I stopped watching 100 episodes in but shit happens and people have to deal with it, that's not an excuse.

360pages

I stopped watching 100 episodes in but shit happens and people have to deal with it, that's not an excuse.

It's not, but Sasuke would be a lot more helpful free than locked up. Plus, outside of Naruto and random movie villain there really isn't anyone even close to his level that could touch him.

Plus I do think saving a world is a fair trade for being pardoned even if he did kill or try to kill those Samurai and Danzo. (Which is fine since Danzo was also a completely monster)

croten

It's not, but Sasuke would be a lot more helpful free than locked up. Plus, outside of Naruto and random movie villain there really isn't anyone even close to his level that could touch him.

Plus I do think saving a world is a fair trade for being pardoned even if he did kill or try to kill those Samurai and Danzo. (Which is fine since Danzo was also a completely monster)

Helpfulness is completely irrelevant. He has to pay for his crimes.

Xiraiya

Anonymity, for some, is thought of as a free pass to express their most base opinions and desires without fear of repercussions.

For most people, that just exposes how rotten they are way faster, which I guess is convenient for me in knowing that I want nothing to do with them. There are good aspects too with all that, that goes without saying.

I look at the internet the same as if it were like being in public, you're surrounded by people, actual people, they might not be in viewing distance, but they're still there, doing whatever, living, breathing, thinking. So the logic of "without repercussions" is the same as belittling someone's existence or value simply because they aren't right there in the room, which is ridiculous.

Besides, someone who comes across relatively decent in the real world but does and says shitty purely because no one will know it's them still makes them a disappointing and shitty individual, but being online, that also adds "weak" to their list of flaws.

Village

He didn't actually do much.

He cost the lighting kage an arm.

Then he lost his own arm.

A lot of the stuff that happened wasn't his fault , hell he killed orochimaru for a good period of time.

The worst thing he did was running away which could be considered as treason, but then they woud have to bring up why he ran away. Then the trial would really be about sasuke anymore.

360pages

Helpfulness is completely irrelevant. He has to pay for his crimes.

Er...that's not really how logic works in that world. Maybe in our world, but in a world filled with trained killers and mercenaries you could have a knife to the throat of your friend do to differing ideals and circumstances.

I mean, even if you don't agree with the idea. Naruto the series itself, (At least part 2) had the idea of why people do bad things is just as important as stopping those bad things least we want history to repeat itself.

The manga makes a very strong point that violence and punishment doesn't change anything and without finding the route more people will simply die later even if you do punish the bad guy.

mike0dude

In Quebec we call a mullet a Coupe Longueuil, because of the People from Longueuil are a bunch of white trash mother fuckers
not really but there was alot of people from there who had mullets in the 80s-90s

Xiraiya

In Quebec we call a mullet a Coupe Longueuil, because of the People from Longueuil are a bunch of white trash mother fuckers
not really but there was alot of people from there who had mullets in the 80s-90s
It's the same in Australia, people with real bad mullets look like they're trashy and broke as fuck and stuck in the 80s, it's rare these days, but it happens.

MormaPope

Banned
You grew a mullet?

Shit I wish I could grow a mullet after puking.

I was able to taste freedom, my body was unshackled from its wicked torment.

Nowadays I prefer pot as a recreational drug way more than alcohol. Smoking pot instead of using other methods brings its own problems. But the effects and side effects of smoking way too much pot versus drinking way too much are two completely different ball games. You also don't need to spend an hour plus to get high off pot, drinking requires effort and an iron will.

croten

Er...that's not really how logic works in that world. Maybe in our world, but in a world filled with trained killers and mercenaries you could have a knife to the throat of your friend do to differing ideals and circumstances.

I mean, even if you don't agree with the idea. Naruto the series itself, (At least part 2) had the idea of why people do bad things is just as important as stopping those bad things least we want history to repeat itself.

The manga makes a very strong point that violence and punishment doesn't change anything and without finding the route more people will simply die later even if you do punish the bad guy.

Then I guess my point is moot. I think the world of Naruto is dumb though

I was able to taste freedom, my body was unshackled from its wicked torment.

Nowadays I prefer pot as a recreational drug way more than alcohol. Smoking pot instead of using other methods brings its own problems. But the effects and side effects of smoking way too much pot versus drinking way too much are two completely different ball games. You also don't need to spend an hour plus to get high off pot, drinking requires effort and an iron will.

I wouldn't know anything about those illicit drugs. I'm a wholesome boy from NY.

360pages

Then I guess my point is moot. I think the world of Naruto is dumb though

Eh...the writer probably shouldn't have made Sasuke do some of the things he did. The series does make it a point to show the violent solution isn't always the best one though.

(The first Hokage killed Madara because he was threatening to destroy the village instead of doing his best to try to stop his best friend. As a result that however, thousands of people died due to Madara's plan later on because violence was used,)

Of course there are some people who can't be reasoned with, but hell, everyone would have been dead if Naruto didn't pretty much forgive Pain and not try to kill him even after he destroyed the village.

(I do think it's a very childish lesson, but I do like the fact that they show that murdering bad people won't solve the worlds problems)

Xiraiya

I don't know what to make of the fact I've had to open Photoshop twice this week specifically to manipulate Pat's face onto things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom