• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres rule 63 Guts
th

Oberon

Banned
Hello frienders! What a great day we have!
Not only did I have a fantastic day, but in addition, the new chapter of Prison school just released!
And man, oh man! I can't believe how dumb that was! I love it!

edit:
heres rule 63 Guts
th

That's not even remotly close! Why does she have two eyes? Blonde hair?! It's the black swordsman!
0/10 would not
sacrifice

Village

I don't care much for Sasuke, but some of the comparisons people are making to him was so extreme and made me physically wince. No he's not an abuser he was a jerk (To put it kindly) but not that.

" he abused her "

" No they faught, because they are ninja's after he warned them not to fight him "

" But that isn't an excuse"

" ITS LITERALLY THE PREMISE OF THE MANGA"

" well he did that sheringan thing"

" You mean that thing he did to multiple others... because he is a ninja?"

" that isn't an excuse "

Xiraiya

" he abused her "

" No they faught, because they are ninja's after he warned them not to fight him "

" But that isn't an excuse"

" ITS LITERALLY THE PREMISE OF THE MANGA"

" well he did that sheringan thing"

" You mean that thing he did to multiple others... because he is a ninja?"

" that isn't an excuse "

Sasuke spent 90% of the Manga with the intent to kill his fellow comrades and almost did multiple times, Sakura is only alive now because Naruto got there just in time, so yeah, objectively Sasuke deserves to be labled as negatively as possible, for all intents and purposes he was actually worse than Obito.

Everything about the main pairings in that series is utter garbage, even Naruto's voice actor was baffled at how there was no aura of Naruto/Hinata romance through the whole series but then "Ta-da!"

Sakura's one positive memory of Sasuke is actually a lie since it was Naruto using a Jutsu to be him.

croten

Sasuke spent 90% of the Manga with the intent to kill his fellow comrades and almost did multiple times, Sakura is only alive now because Naruto got there just in time, so yeah, objectively Sasuke deserves to be labled as negatively as possible, for all intents and purposes he was actually worse than Obito.

Everything about the main pairings in that series is utter garbage, even Naruto's voice actor was baffled at how there was no aura of Naruto/Hinata romance through the whole series but then "Ta-da!"

Sakura's one positive memory of Sasuke is actually a lie since it was Naruto using a Jutsu to be him.

Did Sasuke ever show any interest in Sakura at all? That's what confuses me.Sasuke and Sakura end up together because.... why?

Xiraiya

Did Sasuke ever show any interest in Sakura at all? That's what confuses me.Sasuke and Sakura end up together because.... why?

No, not even once, he said thanks to her once when he initially left the village because she tried to talk him out of it, but then knocked her out and left anyway.

The only female in the whole manga he arguably ever showed remote interest in was Karin, because her Uzumaki chakra was able to help him heal way faster than normal, so it was really more that he found her useful than anything else, he generally ignored her constant advances.

Village

I'm not judging the parings, I'm arguing the fact that he is some type of abuser, he didn't give a shit about naruto and sakura. He just wanted what he wanted . They like everyone else in the ninja world were business transactions to sasuke.

Xiraiya

For or with? Very important detail.
Both.

I'm not judging the parings, I'm arguing the fact that he is some type of abuser, he didn't give a shit about naruto and sakura. He just wanted what he wanted .
I'll argue he gave some shit about Naruto, but it wasn't in any healthy way.

It's actually it's own thing. I joked about it before, but it's dark fantasy with big swords- that's the similarities. It's worth a watch/read.
Well no shit.

demidar

Man...I'm listening to the podcast and I'm really not liking the way Woolie set this one up.

I enjoy tangents in podcasts but this one had a madcap-ness to it that I liked. But it shouldn't be done every week.

I don't quite remember the reason why they did it that way. Was it too much news?

Xiraiya

Man, I can't tell when you're not serious. It's the internet.

I'm rarely serious, oddly enough though people seem to take my typing habits or the things I say as a sign that it might be some sort of kick to try and get an emotional reaction out of me, I don't really know why.
I rant and rave about things constantly, but that's just random thoughts I have mostly. I tend to make it pretty clear when I'm actually angry or upset about something.

It's pretty easy to effectively convey tone without resorting to typing like a 4 year old, I just usually don't care to put that much effort in when posting, maybe I should add "Haha" on the end of stuff more often, haha.

Zenfalcia

I enjoy tangents in podcasts but this one had a madcap-ness to it that I liked. But it shouldn't be done every week.

I don't quite remember the reason why they did it that way. Was it too much news?

Yeah, too much news. Some of the news should've been omitted imo, since they were just ports.. some other really small news too.

Okingjrr

Man...I'm listening to the podcast and I'm really not liking the way Woolie set this one up.
I prefer less news that's discussed more thoroughly over rushing through more headlines.
I'm enjoying it. As long as it stays a one time thing, I have no problem with it. It's a nice change of pace to shake things up. Not that the podcast needs it.

Too many news.

You can never have too many news

I'm rarely serious, oddly enough though people seem to take my typing habits or the things I say as a sign that it might be some sort of kick to try and get an emotional reaction out of me, I don't really know why.
I rant and rave about things constantly, but that's just random thoughts I have mostly. I tend to make it pretty clear when I'm actually angry or upset about something.

It's pretty easy to effectively convey tone without resorting to typing like a 4 year old, I just usually don't care to put that much effort in when posting, maybe I should add "Haha" on the end of stuff more often, haha.
I'll try to keep it in mind for you specifically then. Conveying tone with text becomes iffy due to the sheer number of people on the internet who are dead serious about things that are way crazier. You, or at least I've begun to, start assuming people are serious.

Well, frienders, for the next couple hours I'm gonna be taking a quick visit to downtown Seattle in search of arcades, specifically DDR cabinets, so I can see just how decent/potentially shitty their condition is. I need something relieve myself after studying all morning and I could go for something that I don't have at home. If it's successful, great, I'll probably take more trips to Seattle in the future for stuff like this. If not, fuck this country (or at least this part of Washington state).

Wish me luck.

360pages

I don't think he's a good person, but he's not really an abuser of any sort. He didn't target Sakura, he was trying to kill everyone at the moment, she was in the way of his goal. That's it, maybe that doesn't make him a good person, but now way in hell in a battle manga does that make him an abuser.

Well, frienders, for the next couple hours I'm gonna be taking a quick visit to downtown Seattle in search of arcades, specifically DDR cabinets, so I can see just how decent/potentially shitty their condition is. I need something relieve myself after studying all morning and I could go for something that I don't have at home. If it's successful, great, I'll probably take more trips to Seattle in the future for stuff like this. If not, fuck this country (or at least this part of Washington state).

Wish me luck.

My hands are raised. I used to have a metallic DDR pad in my childhood home. My brother built it.

Do the left left left and the right right right!

Xiraiya

I'll try to keep it in mind for you specifically then. Conveying tone with text becomes iffy due to the sheer number of people on the internet who are dead serious about things that are way crazier. You, or at least I've begun to, start assuming people are serious.
People are just weird, especially on the internet, when enough people do similar weird things, it becomes normal and then normal things become odd.
That has been the biggest lesson I learned on the internet, that it's actually really weird to be exactly the same online and offline, which is how I am.

But many people seem normal outwardly offline but then go on the internet and start being like "my waifu is so kawai xd lol"
Which will always be an aggravating thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom