• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to make a list of what games I want to play for the next time I head there. I saw another Bemani cabinet called Dance Maniax, which I remember hearing as sort of a precursor to Para Para Paradise (using sensors to detect hand movements) which I have never actually seen in person before. Still can't believe how almost overwhelmed I was by the selection. Would be interesting to try that out.
Were the sensors on the top and bottom of the weird sensor thing? I think I remember playing that in a asian mall down at houston, but I can't remember what the arcade machine was called.
No, not yet. I'll start it once my exams are over. Idk if anyone else wants to help.
If I need breaks on my backlog, I'll help.

Ace Attorney is what got me to be want to be a criminal justice major all those years ago...
Okay it was like six years ago but whatever. Ill probably get the trilogy for christmas or something

Were the sensors on the top and bottom of the weird thing? I think I remember playing that in a asian mall down at houston, but I can't remember what the arcade machine was called.
Looked up Dance Maniax, and yep, it's sensors on the top and bottom. Top for the hands, and bottom for the feet. Konami really did just throw a bunch of weird rhythm games out into the wild to see what stuck, and as it turns out those long lasting seres were DDR, IIDX, pop'n, guitar freaks, drummania, and jubeat.

Fuck, what I would give if Gameworks got a hold of a jubeat cabinet. Woolie and his girlfriend played that on their trip to Japan, and I am super envious.

It still kind of hurts that he's
dead

Major Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations Spoilers:
the entire ending sequence with him being the murderer was so good. And that music as the end. It was a really emotional scene and ending.

Trials and Tribulations is so fucking amazing.

Zenfalcia

One of the best characters in the franchise. That final chapter was so good. The entire game is brilliant.

Trials and tribulations was such a step ip from Justice for all. I really liked how many deep/dumb coffee quotes he does and how different he was from the other procescutors. that ending though
also when you figure out his motivation and also when you play as miya and see who he was before.. the reasoning for the mom channeling umm what's her face was a little hard to believe. Mostly due to them knowing what she would do and not doing anything to prevent that... Like tying her up etc.
Also, lazer face.

It still kind of hurts that he's
dead

Oh... I thought this would be another Kamiya joke, but I still shouldn't look at spoiler tags when I still want to play the game.

Using spoiler tags for joke punchlines is a double edged blade ;_;

-Yeah now you edit in "SPOILERS". YOU PIECE OF TRASH
jk

Major Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations Spoilers:
the entire ending sequence with him being the murderer was so good. And that music as the end. It was a really emotional scene and ending.

Trials and Tribulations is so fucking amazing.

When Phoenix is drinking the coffee too... ;_;

Oh... I thought this would be another Kamiya joke, but I still shouldn't look at spoiler tags when I still want to play the game.

Using spoiler tags for joke punchlines is a double edged blade ;_;

-Yeah now you edit in "SPOILERS". YOU PIECE OF TRASH
jk
I did the same thing and got spoiled, lol

Looked up Dance Maniax, and yep, it's sensors on the top and bottom. Top for the hands, and bottom for the feet. Konami really did just throw a bunch of weird rhythm games out into the wild to see what stuck, and as it turns out those long lasting seres were DDR, IIDX, pop'n, guitar freaks, drummania, and jubeat.

Fuck, what I would give if Gameworks got a hold of a jubeat cabinet. Woolie and his girlfriend played that on their trip to Japan, and I am super envious.
Wait... the bottom ones were for your feet? My folks and I always thought you were only supposed to do all of them with your hands...

I gotta try that next time I go back.

When Phoenix is drinking the coffee too... ;_;

More Trials and Tribulations spoilers:
and when the AA1 cornered them plays at the end of the case. And when the ending theme is playin and it's a remix of the T and T court theme and Turnabout Sisters theme from AA1. Just those feels man.

Good job magara for spoiling everyone.

I though he just went to jail? He didn't really die, at least that's not how i percieved it. He just had a head wound.

More T&T and minor Justice for All
The legal system in the AA world is that a murder conviction = death sentence. The localization is weird about mentioning characters that were previously convicted (like Pearls mom) in that someone says they just "aren't coming back" or something. But yes, they are put to death after a conviction.

Zenfalcia

More Trials and Tribulations spoilers:
and when the AA1 cornered them plays at the end of the case. And when the ending theme is playin and it's a remix of the T and T court theme and Turnabout Sisters theme from AA1. Just those feels man.
That part was amazing. It just hit me like a bag of bricks and got me so hyped up when that theme kicked in. All the feels. ;_;

I feel really bad that you guys got spoiled :/ it's kind of an important spoiler too. I can't really defend saying it's not.

I'm surprised I wasn't already. My friend is so into the series he's spoiled me on pretty much every detail. Stuff like
cornered playing at the end of T&T or what happens to Pheonix in AA4, etc.

Zenfalcia

The legal system in the AA world is that a murder conviction = death sentence. The localization is weird about mentioning characters that were previously convicted (like Pearls mom) in that someone says they just "aren't coming back" or something. But yes, they are put to death after a conviction.

Ohh.. that explains it.. i never knew that. Yeah the localization really messed that up. It also explains why
um.. what's her face got executed in the last T&T case.

Ohhh that makes sense now.

I'm surprised I wasn't already. My friend is so into the series he's spoiled me on pretty much every detail. Stuff like
cornered playing at the end of T&T or what happens to Pheonix in AA4, etc.

I mean the games do keep going and it's not major in the context of the series itself, just that particular case.

Getting something like that spoiled is really bad, but the game is like 7 years old..

But on the exact day of a re-release? That's like spoiling persona 4 golden to someone the day it comes out.

Zenfalcia

Getting something like that spoiled is really bad, but the game is like 7 years old..

Yeah.. but still it's everyone's fault for reading the spoiler, not playing the game and not having enough warning for thr spoiler... :/ at least not everything is spoiled...

Esit: this is worded horribly... I hope you guys get what i mean...
But on the exact day of a re-release? That's like spoiling persona 4 golden to someone the day it comes out.

Yeah.. it's not great..

Ohh.. that explains it.. i never knew that. Yeah the localization really messed that up. It also explains why
um.. what's her face got executed in the last T&T case.

Dahlia? Yeah that's why Pheonix knew that Iris couldn't be her. I don't remember if he ever said she was dead, but I believe she was convicted in the first case so that's why she couldn't be Iris.

Well I took my exam. Thought I did alright.

The anticipation is killing me. I know this is a really shitty way of thinking about it, but I have put all of my self worth behind that exam.

All I can do now is hope.

I did the same thing and got spoiled, lol

The consequences for being quick on the draw, we're too fast for our own good.

Understatement. The game not only vastly improved upon JFA, it became the best game in the trilogy. I agree with every point you make.

Ah fuck, I didn't partake in the kamiya talk and I put the spoiler tag there for a reason (I thought I'd add that line in just in case someone made a mistake of clicking anyway, but I was too late it seems). Sorry it still happened, but it's not even a certainty and has literally nothing to do with any of the missions in the game.

I feel really bad that you guys got spoiled :/ it's kind of an important spoiler too. I can't really defend saying it's not.

It aint no thing. I'd be salty if it wasn't spoiler tagged, but it was my fault for clicking on it.
It won't affect my appreciation of him (I love him just from the small bits I've seen, and his theme is one of my favorites in gaming.).

And it's great to hear that it's way better than JFA, because I just stopped playing in the middle of JFA and never went back. Hoping someday Capcom brings the games to Steam or Wii U.

Zenfalcia

Dahlia? Yeah that's why Pheonix knew that Iris couldn't be her. I don't remember if he ever said she was dead, but I believe she was convicted in the first case so that's why she couldn't be Iris.

Yep, also other evidence made sure it couldn't be that person.
it was sad and touching to find out Iris was the one who dated Phoenix ;_;
Dude, it's a six year old game and I still put it between spoiler tags. I should have taken the extra step immediately and I apologize for not doing so in the first place, but it's not like I posted it untagged. Besides, it doesn't influence or spoil any of the missions in any way.

It's strongly hinted that he dies sometime soon after the case. Not only did he have massive, massive health issues, he appeared on a "painting" with other deceased characters. And that's if he didn't get the death penalty.

Edit: nvm, he got executed.

No worries, i'm just joking and don't actually mean what i said. The extra steps and appologies are up to you to decide.

Ah, i must have missed that little detail when it came up.

YEAH IT DOES. Fuck that game does such a good job at making you feel like a badass when you catch those asshole and all their bullshit. I really recommend both of those games.
Alright I'll pick it up. It feels pretty weird finishing 3 first and going back to play the first two games.
Are there any Earthquake scenes in those games?

What did he spoil you on and was it on purpose?

I'm basically the only person he can talk to about nerdy shit, so he just asked if I minded if he told me some things once or twice. Eventually it became more and more casual until I was just being told a bunch of cool shit about the games since he marathoned the whole series and Investigations the past 3 months.

He even did a Phoenix Wright cosplay. He really needed to talk about Pheonix Wright.
There is a miles edgeworth 2?

Wasn't localized. Fan patch translation iirc.

Really? So they're worth playing even though they are just a side story of the AA series?
Oh definitely, Phoenix and Maya even have a neat little cameo in 2
Alright I'll pick it up. It feels pretty weird finishing 3 first and going back to play the first two games.
Are there any Earthquake scenes in those games?
There might be in the second one, though I can't remember too well if I'm just going crazy
There is a miles edgeworth 2?
You can thank Capcom for being so informative about them

Zenfalcia

I'm basically the only person he can talk to about nerdy shit, so he just asked if I minded if he told me some things once or twice. Eventually it became more and more casual until I was just being told a bunch of cool shit about the games since he marathoned the whole series and Investigations the past 3 months.

He even did a Phoenix Wright cosplay. He really needed to talk about Pheonix Wright.
That's a shame, at least he has you to talk to.

So, what do you know so far of the series? Maybe he didn't spoil everything? Hopefully? You could still enjoy the series even knowing spoilers since the sound cues and other things are great.

It's going to be localized isn't it? I heard about it a while back and now I'm not sure.

Top Comment on the theme "Pursuit 2014~Still Wanting to Play the Game. "
That's a shame, at least he has you to talk to.

So, what do you know so far of the series? Maybe he didn't spoil everything? Hopefully? You could still enjoy the series even knowing spoilers since the sound cues and other things are great.

He said a lot. I can't even remember all of it offhand. Spoilers don't stop me from wanting to play the series, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom