• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
Fuck Waluigi.

Waa!

150.jpg

Lu

Zenfalcia

I think the reason Boom looks like shit is mostly due to it being optimized poorly. Considering it started development on a PC and the textures and almost everything took a hit from its first showing.

It probably had something closer to a PS4/PC in mind to run rather than the Wii U

That doesn't make sense, since the wii u is not as strong as the ps4/pc, which might it easier to optimize? Also, all those cut scenes were prerendered which makes no difference regardless of what system it is played on.

Are you just talking about the graphics? There's the problem of the game in general and terrible directing of cut scenes.

#decimated.

Having gone through the Dark Souls 2 DLC on NG+3 first, going through it on NG has been a cakewalk. It's incredible how massive the difference in difficulty is. It took me hours to get through DLC 3's optional area and boss on NG+3, yet I did it with the first try, alone and despite being invaded on NG. Never died once on any of the other DLC bosses either, despite them being insanely hard on NG+3.

So difficulty scales with NG pluses?

What about Guitar Hero (or Rocksmith)?

Especially those.

Is it because you're bad at them?

No I just hate games that are only timing based button presses just to get a higher score. Not to mention the music in 95% of them is just complete garbage anyway.

Do you even DDR Mario Mix?

WALUIGI IS AN AMERICAN HERO AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SO!

Were touched inappropriately as a child by a rhythm game?

What did rhythm games ever do to you?

Burn them all to the ground. Every single one of them.

Duplolas

Banned
No I just hate games that are only timing based button presses just to get a higher score. Not to mention the music in 95% of them is just complete garbage anyway.

Ill have you know that the Soundtrack in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix is amazing and the game itself is a game where you beat the shit out of Waluigi with MUSIC!

How could you not like that?

Yeah of course, but in a weird way. Each NG+ means more enemies, more red phantoms, enemies do more damage and have way more health. Your damage output hits a wall probably somewhere around the end of NG+, while the enemies only keep getting stronger.

At one point it simply becomes a case of "How well can you avoid boss attacks for ten minutes?" as you do pitiful damage and they murder you almost in one hit.

I meant as it applies to the DLC.

I'm on a NG+ and walled up against the rotten, so I am familiar with the scaling.

Ill have you know that the Soundtrack in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix is amazing and the game itself is a game where you beat the shit out of Waluigi with MUSIC!

How could you not like that?

Because I'd rather punch waluigi's face in in a fighting game, crash my car into him and/or kick his ass than soccer then do it through the "power of music"

360pages

That doesn't make sense, since the wii u is not as strong as the ps4/pc, which might it easier to optimize? Also, all those cut scenes were prerendered which makes no difference regardless of what system it is played on.

Are you just talking about the graphics? There's the problem of the game in general and terrible directing of cut scenes.

#decimated.

More the fact that the game was made with PC hardware in mind and when they had to move everything over things took a hit. Boom legit looks like a late gen PS2 game. They probably didn't realize it like more experienced developers that moving your work from PC to a system was tricky and they didn't take that into account.

That's not how optimizing works. In all likely hood, BRS was just incompetent with time management, and figured that the Wii U could brute force the shit tier environments.

Computers are not very smart. They will use all that they got to accomplish a simple task, unless someone tells them otherwise.

That's an oddly specific dislike.

Not going to judge. Just found that interesting.
And I love the music.

Zenfalcia

More the fact that the game was made with PC hardware in mind and when they had to move everything over things took a hit. Boom legit looks like a late gen PS2 game. They probably didn't realize it like more experienced developers that moving your work from PC to a system was tricky and they didn't take that into account.

The lack of foresight and experience with the wii u didn't help them either. Even if the problem was porting, it was nothing close to a full budget $60 game.

mike0dude

I Wonder who the Zaibatsu is gonna hire to become their Poochie,
I was thinking something like a New Coke sorta thing where they release a couple of video with the new guy that are so terrible people will start to clamour for the old ways and they bring it back under the name of Super Best Friends Classic doubling the number of views they get.

Anung

Un Rama
How do you keep up with this thread? haha! I'm pretty much doing nothing all the time and I'm still struggling to keep up with the volume of posts. This is like the few places I religiously go on GAF and I still can't keep up.

In better news I took my sleeping pills last night and oh fuck that was the greatest sleep I ever had. Chilling with a Chinese and some Alien: Isolation today.

Far Cry 4 didn't arrived today ;_;

Zenfalcia

That's not how optimizing works. In all likely hood, BRS was just incompetent with time management, and figured that the Wii U could brute force the shit tier environments.

Computers are not very smart. They will use all that they got to accomplish a simple task, unless someone tells them other wise.

Yeah, I don't really know the specifics of optimizing, i'm speculating it shouldn't be harder/easier if they knew they were going to just wii u?

That seems like a likely story of just rushing out a game quickly and just trying to force everything to work. They were also losing talent during the project, right?

I was thinking something like a New Coke sorta thing where they release a couple of video with the new guy that are so terrible people will start to clamour for the old ways and they bring it back under the name of Super Best Friends Classic doubling the number of views they get.
Billy? I know he's been in
fighterpedia
, but seemed always a background character. I always wondered why they didn't hire him.

Duplolas

Banned
Because I'd rather punch waluigi's face in in a fighting game, crash my car into him and/or kick his ass than soccer then do it through the "power of music"

If The Sound of Music taught me anything, it taught me that music can defeat nazi's in WWII.

Thats pretty sick imo.

^Is shit at rhythm games. Calling it.

I'm shit at fighting games too. That doesn't stop me from thinking that fighting games are amazing and rhythm games are the scum of the video game genre.

That's an oddly specific dislike.

Not going to judge. Just found that interesting.
And I love the music.

It is really specific. And I know I'm very crazy. I totally accept that.

Plot twist: Dork Girl or James Small joins the battle!

I'm rooting for Dork Girl. They could benefit with a well rounded Female voice.

If The Sound of Music taught me anything, it taught me that music can defeat nazi's in WWII.

Thats pretty sick imo.

I should also note that I completely hate musical theatre plays. I think there was only like one I might of not hated but that was because it was actually a pretty good comedy as well.

and the lead actress was really hot

Duplolas

Banned
I should also note that I completely hate musical theatre plays. I think there was only like one I might of not hated but that was because it was actually a pretty good comedy as well.

and the lead actress was really hot

WHAT ABOUT DOCTOR HORRIBLE'S SING-ALONG BLOG!?!?!?!

dr-horrible.jpg

How do you keep up with this thread? haha! I'm pretty much doing nothing all the time and I'm still struggling to keep up with the volume of posts. This is like the few places I religiously go on GAF and I still can't keep up.

In better news I took my sleeping pills last night and oh fuck that was the greatest sleep I ever had. Chilling with a Chinese and some Alien: Isolation today.

Far Cry 4 didn't arrived today ;_;

It helps to have this as your mantra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom