• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
For the next shitstorm I'd like to see Matt and Pat do a month of Silent Hill. Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, and 4. Maybe Shattered Memories. Actually, scratch that, I want to see a Silent Hill 4 playthrough. The weirdest, most oddly constructed Silent Hill during that era.

Fuck it, I WANT A SILENT HILL 4 PLAYTHROUGH NOW.

For the next shitstorm I'd like to see Matt and Pat do a month of Silent Hill. Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, and 4. Maybe Shattered Memories. Actually, scratch that, I want to see a Silent Hill 4 playthrough. The weirdest, most oddly constructed Silent Hill during that era.

StopMyPenisCanOnlyGetSoHard.gif

Anung

Un Rama

Better Blee I'd be on board for that.

I bought a copy of Yakuza Ishin in japan and oh my god guys it's so sick!

ultimax

I wish they added the original Persona and 2 OSTs in there too. It would be the best soundtrack in a fighting game.

I just got my OSTs today.
301503105016860e84f0c.jpg

This is what we truly need tho
Whenever I play that game, it's the only stage I pick

Okingjrr

Hopefully we'll get a Pat solo insane video at least so he can shill it.

You know what series they need to develop?

"Shill Time With Pat"

Where Pat just shills on a game by himself as he is known to do for as long as necessary for every viewer to run out and buy the game.

MormaPope

Banned
But what if they played the HD versions! Bum bum bummmm...
they won't do that, but what if?

Due to getting a lot of digital Xbox cash from Gamestop (was a huge thing on Gaf during the summer) I decided to buy the HD collection for the 360, fuck it I thought, I haven't played these games in a long ass time.

Silent Hill 2 HD's biggest sins are fog walls existing instead of a thick cloud of fog, and then this:
Trippywater.gif

There is nothing more immersion breaking than swimming through T-1000 juice. How in the fuck they decided to ignore this problem is beyond me. Its not even a glitch, that's how the water just is. Everything else is slightly shittier than the original version, but appreciation can still be had.

Biggest flaw with Silent Hill 3 HD is the new voice actress for Heather just doesn't fit.

q4FYF1M.jpg

I drew a thing for the best friends, will senpai notice?
Woolie was originally meant to be 'Woolie the hole' but no one knows what it looks like, and should I replace Homura with a character from Free! or another character? I've been thinking of turning this into a short comic but i don't know if i'll go through with it

Due to getting a lot of digital Xbox cash from Gamestop (was a huge thing on Gaf during the summer) I decided to buy the HD collection for the 360, fuck it I thought, I haven't played these games in a long ass time.

Silent Hill 2 HD's biggest sins are fog walls existing instead of a thick cloud of fog, and then this:
Trippywater.gif

There is nothing more immersion breaking than swimming through T-1000 juice. How in the fuck they decided to ignore this problem is beyond me. Its not even a glitch, that's how the water just is. Everything else is slightly shittier than the original version, but appreciation can still be had.

Biggest flaw with Silent Hill 3 HD is the new voice actress for Heather just doesn't fit.
I've always wanted to play the early silent hill games and got super hyped when an HD rerelease was announced. It ended up being super shitty and I still hate konami for it.

Anung

Un Rama

All of the recorded voice work is fucking abysmal. Totally destroyed all the subtlety of the original works.

I still have my copy as a reminder of how I was wronged and how a series was killed.

How in the fuck they decided to ignore this problem is beyond me. Its not even a glitch, that's how the water just is. Everything else is slightly shittier than the original version, but appreciation can still be had.
The Hd collection was created from the Beta code, since that's apparently all Konami has. The final version of the games is just gone.
Haha. My John Cena Amiibo was mentioned at the end of the podcast. Neato. I just got done making a Stardust one, too, lol.
YOOOO, that's super hype. Those are really good.

MormaPope

Banned
Konami completely fucked the pooch in the dirtiest way possible. Silent Hill HD collection has a ton of quirks on the 360, but the PS3 version is completely fucked. PS3 version is patched, but its still really fucked and might not even be on par with the 360 version. Zone of Enders HD collection is worse than the original versions on both the 360 and PS3. Patch is made using the PS3's own architecture and now the PS3 version of ZoE 2 is the definitive version. The 360 never got the patch because the patch used PS3 specific architecture.

We'll never see HD collections for these games again. Meanwhile Capcom releases REmake on everything and it works like a charm.

Zenfalcia

Trippywater.gif

that's a shame, usually you'd think remakes would be a lot better, but as SH shows, that's not always the case. So, i should try to get the original versions if i play them, right?

Listening to the podcast, super agree with Woolie about Interstellar. Glad I'm not the only one (figuratively) who thought the movie wasn't the best movie of the year or anything.

Emouse

Konami completely fucked the pooch in the dirtiest way possible. Silent Hill HD collection has a ton of quirks on the 360, but the PS3 version is completely fucked. PS3 version is patched, but its still really fucked and might not even be on par with the 360 version. Zone of Enders HD collection is worse than the original versions on both the 360 and PS3. Patch is made using the PS3's own architecture and now the PS3 version of ZoE 2 is the definitive version. The 360 never got the patch because the patch used PS3 specific architecture.

We'll never see HD collections for these games again. Meanwhile Capcom releases REmake on everything and it works like a charm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone other than Konami handle the port for ZOE HD? and then a different team did the PS3 patch? as far as HD collections go the ZOE HD is the only one I've had problems with, which is a shame because it's one of the only ones I cared about, After hearing about the Silent Hill HD collections issues I went put and got 2 & 3 on PS2 for future use

that's a shame, usually you'd think remakes would be a lot better, but as SH shows, that's not always the case. So, i should try to get the original versions if i play them, right?
Like I said, they were made from the beta SH2 game code since they just lost the final games since they were made in crunch time.

SH2 and SH3 are like ~$15-20 used. You can also buy the old PC discs for like $25 that are actually the definitive versions, with some rad mods, though I believe 3 is alright out of the box.

Do not buy the HD collection.

MormaPope

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone other than Konami handle the port for ZOE HD? and then a different team did the PS3 patch? as far as HD collections go the ZOE HD is the only one I've had problems with, which is a shame because it's one of the only ones I cared about, After hearing about the Silent Hill HD collections issues I went put and got 2 & 3 on PS2 for future use

Both HD collections were outsourced, the patch for ZoE was done by a different studio that originally did the remastering.

Anung

Un Rama
Like I said, they were made from the beta SH2 game code since they just lost the final games since they were made in crunch time.

SH2 and SH3 are like ~$15-20 used. You can also buy the old PC discs for like $25 that are actually the definitive versions, with some rad mods, though I believe 3 is alright out of the box.

Do not buy the HD collection.

The most retarded thing is that they didn't even need the final game codes. Bluepoint reverse engineer their HD remasters straight from the retail disc (which that idiot Tom Hulett said couldn't be done) I still think they were just being lazy and cheap when making Silent Hill HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom