• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

That's actually not a delay. People don't actually react instantly to scares. The only moment I can ever point to, out of work that I've done, where the desync is noticeable, is in part 33 of Deadly Premonition
Spoilers, obviously
http://youtu.be/kIscJq6bmcY?t=38m8s
Matts timing on "Zach" was actually spot on, and it bothered me that I couldn't seem to make the audio fit. I feel stupid that it took me this long to notice it exactly, I just ran two audio tests on a goof while testing some other equipment stuff.
Yeah that makes sense, it's not something I ever thought of as an issue, just at times some things seemed to have odd timings and thought I'd mention it while I was thinking of it.

Zenfalcia

It looks fine. I know another poster who has a topless anime girl with a censor bar with text on it that reads "stop censorship"

That could work but that wouldn't be original. I'll keep it in mind.
Yeah, I didn't even bother playing reach. My friend who's a huge halo fan said it was pretty bad and the story wasn't good so i didn't even bother playing it. Though it's not 4 lol.

I played the hell out of reach. It had a lot of driving which showed how big the maps were and wasn't too bad at times and reminded me of halo 1. The scale was just.. not good, the story wasn't great either since you don't have
the flood.
Also they didn't even do the best part, i want to play during the hopelessness against the
invasion and destruction of reach. They could've just followed the books and did ok.. i really love the books.

Also, I don't want to come off like an ass, but the synch issues vary wildly because it depends who's editing it. Matt consistently forgets to actually do the initial synch test and that totally fucks him up when he has to just ballpark it. I've been slowly pulling the gang around to my hyper anal version of editing where you're paranoid and you check and recheck shit all over.
Ah, ok. Not a problem at all, I'm just glad to hear it's being worked on. After years of watching you guys I've noticed plenty of technical ups and downs, and none of it really matters that much, but it's always nice to hear. I really appreciate the effort you guys put in.

tumblr_ngau66xfzN1roq9zlo1_400.gif

EDIT: Capcom just took down Angry Joe's original rant on Street Fighter V https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hOomLtuuQ

Fack You Capcom

Ah, ok. Not a problem at all, I'm just glad to hear it's being worked on. After years of watching you guys I've noticed plenty of technical ups and downs, and none of it really matters that much, but it's always nice to hear. I really appreciate the effort you guys put in.

I hate it. I HATE it. I hate that every LP I edited from Revengeance back, I used the default re-sampling setting and it ends up looking blurry. I hate that we didn't know about the PS3s weird audio video settings when we did RE2 and Heavy Rain and those games audios are fucked up. I hate HATE HATE how I fucked up a setting on the brand new el gato and RUINED the first two parts of deadly premonition. How I left the similar setting on during a later part including a final boss fight that led to having echoey audio. I hate that I accidentally left the sync test in "Candles". Ugh. It's fucking bullshit. None of them can be fixed, at this point, either.

Zenfalcia

Also, I don't want to come off like an ass, but the synch issues vary wildly because it depends who's editing it. Matt consistently forgets to actually do the initial synch test and that totally fucks him up when he has to just ballpark it. I've been slowly pulling the gang around to my hyper anal version of editing where you're paranoid and you check and recheck shit all over.

One recent video that was really desynced was hyper light drifter. It didn't help the fps died and then everyone's audio desynced to a second or two? Something like that.

Gamer Y

I agree, I never noticed any technical hiccups or anything, the only time I can think of is with your stare at mercenary kings, and that wasn't bad. Thank you for the hard work you put in.

I hate it. I HATE it. I hate that every LP I edited from Revengeance back, I used the default re-sampling setting and it ends up looking blurry. I hate that we didn't know about the PS3s weird audio video settings when we did RE2 and Heavy Rain and those games audios are fucked up. I hate HATE HATE how I fucked up a setting on the brand new el gato and RUINED the first two parts of deadly premonition. How I left the similar setting on during a later part including a final boss fight that led to having echoey audio. I hate that I accidentally left the sync test in "Candles". Ugh. It's fucking bullshit. None of them can be fixed, at this point, either.

When I see stuff like this, I'm grateful of how serious you take this video bullshit. Thank you Pat, genuinely.

EDIT: Capcom just took down Angry Joe's original rant on Street Fighter V https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hOomLtuuQ

Fack You Capcom
One, it was automatically tagged. It'll probably be cleared up.

Two, his rant, per Angry Joe's low standards, was full of misinformation.
No matter what, I will be forever grateful for the effort put into your work. Even if the audio is fucked, I understand that things slip past people. It's all quality.

All you can do is mind the details from now on I suppose. Even the worst of those issues, though, didn't affect my enjoyment of those LPs enough to say I really complained or came close to disliking any of them. When it comes down to it you guys are the most charismatic LP group I've ever seen, and that's what really counts.

MormaPope

Banned

Bizarro DSP.

Also that Deadly Premonition episode you linked to is probably my favorite episode in the entire channel. I was actually really anxious and hyped when the playthrough was nearing the end because of that revelation, so good. Woolie's hate towards Deadly Premonition is some BS. Dude let the jank affect his judgement.

Bizarro DSP.

Also that Deadly Premonition episode you linked to is probably my favorite episode in the entire channel. I was actually really anxious and hyped when the playthrough was nearing the end because of that revelation, so good. Woolie's hate towards Deadly Premonition is some BS.
Just like skLa's hate towards rhythm games :p

Bizarro DSP.

Also that Deadly Premonition episode you linked to is probably my favorite episode in the entire channel. I was actually really anxious and hyped when the playthrough was nearing the end because of that revelation, so good. Woolie's hate towards Deadly Premonition is some BS. Dude let the jank affect his judgement.

Whoa, man, some people have different levels of tolerance for jank, man.

Drakengard is probably the limit of jank that I can tolerate, and now that I have less time to play games, jank is not acceptable.

Man why the fuck did I read Evil Within comments. This is a bummer. It's like this on Dark Souls too. Walking Dead as well. People seem to basically lose their shit if we either aren't doing great, or if we don't like something. I'm seeing a ton of comments about people raging that everything I complained about in 23 was my fault, despite the fact that i was dealing with magic doors, instant shooting enemies, and ammo prompts that would literally disappear inside the letterbox. I guess we have to pick LPs a lot more carefully because this can't possibly be good for the channel.

Zenfalcia

Hey guys what do you do when you have to write long papers? Like what helps you out?

Depends on when it's due. If it's due the next day, just write whatever and try to keep it coherent. If it's due later. Break up it with what points and topics you want to talk about and then string them up with full sentences.

Man why the fuck did I read Evil Within comments. This is a bummer. It's like this on Dark Souls too. Walking Dead as well. People seem to basically lose their shit if we either aren't doing great, or if we don't like something. I'm seeing a ton of comments about people raging that everything I complained about in 23 was my fault, despite the fact that i was dealing with magic doors, instant shooting enemies, and ammo prompts that would literally disappear inside the letterbox. I guess we have to pick LPs a lot more carefully because this can't possibly be good for the channel.

You should just block comments with an add on or something. It would probably make you feel better.

Youtube comments are some of the worst. I very rarely read past the initial first few. Most of them just don't get it. Usually when I voice my complaint about how an LP'er or Streamer plays a game I try and do it in a way that I at least don't intentionally try to demean someone. Merely pointing out alternate ways an encounter could be handled. The most recent part you're right was terrible. That ride across on that platform is easily one of the worst things I've seen in the game.

As for good for the channel, you have to remember that the Youtube comment system is trash. The worst comments will always be the most accessible ones.

Pat...never read the comments.

Just stay on GAF where criticism is constructive

If anything, maybe reconsider double-blind LPs. Having someone informed of the game could be a good source of conversation between the guys on video because we're watching for the dynamic between them. It's always fun to watch you go on about Resident Evil or Silent Hill lore in those LPs for example

Comes with the territory. YouTube commenters aren't the best.

But the fact you feel the need to self center to placate the fickle YouTube fans... Fuck em.

I think people just like to bitch about blind LPs and talk about their big e-dick gaming skills.

It'd been that way in the YT comments for awhile now, since around the site went up. It feels worse than it's ever been, for some reason. Evil Within is a skill based games, but you and Matt are going in blind, so I'm amazed they expect you to know what you're doing immediately.

My main theory is all the sane people abandoned the YT comments for the subreddit/here/the facebook/the site.

Back during Walking Dead and certain parts of Dark Souls 2 we made fun of how absolutely terrible the comments were.

The internet is full of arrogant douchenozzles who are out only to piss on someone's parade. Youtube is among the lowest of the internet culture window.

Like Dark Souls, it's fine.

Alfebit

Banned

Honestly, you're doing fine. People in the youtube comments seem to get incredibly butthurt when you don't do things as perfectly as they pretend they did.

joe2187

Banned

The first youtube video I ever uploaded was about a glitch I encountered in 007 Quantum of Solace, where my character when switching weapons would automatically throw his hands in the air and shake everytime i pulled the trigger. I called it Nazi bond.

one of the only comments I got on the video was a dude calling me an idiot for misrepresenting the Nazi salute.

It taught me that there is no value in reading YT comments....

Full albums and podcasts. Also blocking websites like neo gaf and reddit
I do the music thing since it helps me write for whatever reason, not checking this place every little bit to stave off boredom would kill me though.
Oh man don't check out comments, as bad as that sounds. At least not on youtube, your site seems a lot more civil though I don't know if it's gotten bad recently. Don't be afraid to do an LP just because of what the comments might think. True games that are entirely story like in Walking Dead is a guarantee to get that shit, but anything else just do what you'd enjoy. Remember that the people that lose their shit are the few hardcore anal people, most of us can calm the fuck down and enjoy your stuff.
Going to GAF to help stay up actually. Sometimes it doesn't work out.

I got a 90 on my recent one.
Oh man I'm terrible when I stay up for a while, I just turn dead.
I procrastinate till the last minute and try my best to write something acceptable.

Don't do what I do
I did that for a 4 page about a week ago, did it hours before. Was the best grade in class. Hopefully never doing that again.
Depends on when it's due. If it's due the next day, just write whatever and try to keep it coherent. If it's due later. Break up it with what points and topics you want to talk about and then string them up with full sentences.
I should probably do that small bits over a long time thing more than not at all

Disclaimer: he's just salty about drakengard

SHUT UP. THIS RUNS DEEPER THAN DRAKENGARD. Or maybe it doesn't.

You read YouTube comments. Pat no. Stop.

The first youtube video I ever uploaded was about a glitch I encountered in 007 Quantum of Solace, where my character when switching weapons would automatically throw his hands in the air and shake everytime i pulled the trigger. I called it Nazi bond.

one of the only comments I got on the video was a dude calling me an idiot for misrepresenting the Nazi salute.

It taught me that there is no value in reading YT comments....

Not Youtube but one of the first times I ever started streaming my first viewer was some random guy who just came into the channel to tell me that I should kill myself and then he left.

That's just how the internet is. Can't let it get to ya.

I suggested disabling comments, but that wouldn't go over well.

As much as you'd think it'd help, I don't think it's a good idea either, if just for the handful of regular commenters.

YT comments might be 90% shit, but that 10% is encouraging, (and channels that disable comments just feel weird when I go to them, but maybe I'm just crazy since I've used the site for 7 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom