• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speak for yourself. I happen to like musicals and rhythm games.

Yeah well at least I don't go around making threads complaining about things I don't like and get #decimated :p

Oh yeah I forgot to ask earlier, what do you think of Team America and South Park as almost musicals?

Not really. South Park I actually really enjoy, though the high school musical episode was pretty bad.

Just one or two?

At least one or two. People here (like me) definitely have more.

Huh. I just ran some audio tests, and I'll be damned. After 100 minutes of recording, the audacity commentary track ends up lagging behind the gameplay video/audio by about a third of a second. Assuming a 2 hour recording session, this can be up to half a second, particularly if we synched it even slightly off at the beginning. Guess we'll have to start running double synch tests, both at the beginning, and end, and crushing the audio. It's barely noticeable (really, the only time it's ever actually been noticeable is in one later part of Deadly Premonition where I accidentally recorded our audio twice) but I'm still gunna fix it. It's not much extra work, you just synch twice and crush the audio by like 11 milleseconds or whatever.

Huh. I just ran some audio tests, and I'll be damned. After 100 minutes of recording, the audacity commentary track ends up lagging behind the gameplay video/audio by about a third of a second. Assuming a 2 hour recording session, this can be up to half a second, particularly if we synched it even slightly off at the beginning. Guess we'll have to start running double synch tests, both at the beginning, and end, and crushing the audio. It's barely noticeable (really, the only time it's ever actually been noticeable is in one later part of Deadly Premonition where I accidentally recorded our audio twice) but I'm still gunna fix it. It's not much extra work, you just synch twice and crush the audio by like 11 milleseconds or whatever.
It's fine as long as it wasn't like one of the parts of the DaSII LP. I don't really care for the miliseconds, but thanks for the extra effort!

Is that any better than how it was acting before?

We should get you a Christmas gift for the effort.

Yea, they suck

njKEQ.gif

Xiraiya

I've always noticed slightly out of sync issues in a lot of videos at different points, usually you never notice it until something sudden happens, and it'll be like *jump scare* and half a second later you and Matt or whoever being like "OOOHHH FUCK" It comes out kind of amusing.

You guys are fixing the synch problems!!
They've always bothered me a bit more than they ought to. That's super exciting. Thank you!

Zenfalcia

Hey ODST was a fun game. Reach was ehhhhh

ODST had halo 3 in the name and didn't make the franchise feel weird. Reach was a butchering of the novels and did not feel like a full scale battle. It still felt like small skirmishes when the whole story was more than that. Too much game updates which made no sense in the lore and really changed the multi player. The driving parts didn't make sense and the lack of giant battles with machines was terrible.

ODST had halo 3 in the name and didn't make the franchise feel weird. Reach was a butchering of the novels and did not feel like a full scale battle. It still felt like small skirmishes when the whole story was more than that. Too much game updates which made no sense in the lore and really changed the multi player.

Yeah, I didn't even bother playing reach. My friend who's a huge halo fan said it was pretty bad and the story wasn't good so i didn't even bother playing it. Though it's not 4 lol.

ODST would be great if it didn't cost 60 dollars and had more than 4 hours of content

Yeah I never bought ODST. I just played it at a friends house and it was fun. I didn't love it as much as 1-3 obviously.

I've always noticed slightly out of sync issues in a lot of videos at different points, usually you never notice it until something sudden happens, and it'll be like *jump scare* and half a second later you and Matt or whoever being like "OOOHHH FUCK" It comes out kind of amusing.

That's actually not a delay. People don't actually react instantly to scares. The only moment I can ever point to, out of work that I've done, where the desync is noticeable, is in part 33 of Deadly Premonition

Spoilers, obviously

http://youtu.be/kIscJq6bmcY?t=38m8s

Matts timing on "Zach" was actually spot on, and it bothered me that I couldn't seem to make the audio fit. I feel stupid that it took me this long to notice it exactly, I just ran two audio tests on a goof while testing some other equipment stuff.

You guys are fixing the synch problems!!

They've always bothered me a bit more than they ought to. That's super exciting. Thank you!

Also, I don't want to come off like an ass, but the synch issues vary wildly because it depends who's editing it. Matt consistently forgets to actually do the initial synch test and that totally fucks him up when he has to just ballpark it. I've been slowly pulling the gang around to my hyper anal version of editing where you're paranoid and you check and recheck shit all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom