• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want it, yes.

I'm really not sure. The game looks satisfying in some places, but the errors that are being reported is putting me in a very iffy position.

Like I wonder if the price will go down even further for the Christmas sale, or if some kind of patch will come out to stop the crashes.

My best friend got my name for secret Santa (I found out because reasons) and he asked what I wanted. What I told him will make this potentially the best Christmas ever.

Dakimakura.

Zenfalcia

I left it up to him, to keep some element of surprise. It'll be the tensest present opening of all time, but luckily he knows me better than anyone, so he'll make the correct choice. At least he better.

Is this the same friend who loved madoka after you showed it to him? Or another friend like the one who does LPs with you. Unless those are the same person.

So, based on that it'll be a madoka pillow. that's my bet for a serious gift.

Xiraiya

Rockstar have a competition to win a custom GTAV themed PS4 or XBONE, but I notice something kind of weird.
opHaYd.png
The PS4 looks more like an Xbox than the one does, with that color scheme.

Is this the same friend who loved madoka after you showed it to him? Or another friend like the one who does LPs with you. Unless those are the same person.

So, based on that it'll be a madoka pillow. that's my bet for a serious gift.

Same person. Bestie and fellow gaffer GraveHorizon, who occasionally sees these threads when I say his name.

Hi Sherwood.

I don't think it'll be Madoka.

demidar

Lose out on quota? How? Either way, you still have to wait right?

Gifs will load while I'm reading the first few posts of a page. If the gifs load anyway before I can see them by clicking the gifs then that's more of a pain then just letting them load on page.

Most of my quota actually gets eaten up by loading gifs more than anything else (or it might be about even with watching videos), because Steam downloads are free for me.

JoJo94

Rockstar have a competition to win a custom GTAV themed PS4 or XBONE, but I notice something kind of weird.

The PS4 looks more like an Xbox than the one does, with that color scheme.

Well there's another contest for me to enter...also it's black and green...Woolie?

JRPGs are terrible for LPs. Is it a better JRPG than others? Maybe. But even Chronotrigger, highly regarded as one of the best JRPGs of all time, even only being like 20 or so hours, was apparently not great.
Well to me... and some of the people here, its one of the most interesting games which also has one of the most charm to the characters. They have a weird kind of way to reach the end goal, but the antagonist is so interesting. Its not like P3 or P4 for some reason. Its a different kind of interesting.

Zenfalcia

Same person. Bestie and fellow gaffer GraveHorizon, who occasionally sees these threads when I say his name.

Hi Sherwood.

I don't think it'll be Madoka.

Ok. So you think it'll be a joke one? There's quite a few to choose from if it is.

Gifs will load while I'm reading the first few posts of a page. If the gifs load anyway before I can see them by clicking the gifs then that's more of a pain then just letting them load on page.

Most of my quota actually gets eaten up by loading gifs more than anything else (or it might be about even with watching videos), because Steam downloads are free for me.

Huh, I didn't think of it that way. I can see it can be easier to do that. Free steam downloads? Damn, that's pretty good, but not good enough to have slow internet speeds.

Xiraiya

Huh, I didn't think of it that way. I can see it can be easier to do that. Free steam downloads? Damn, that's pretty good, but not good enough to have slow internet speeds.

Steam is also free for me because my ISP has a steam server, so anything downloaded in Australia on steam with that ISP is unmetered content that doesn't affect my monthly quota.

Zenfalcia

I hope it's not a joke one, that would be funny for all of five seconds then just a waste of money. I just don't think it'll be a Madoka one.

What else could it be for a serious one? What would you actually want? :p

Now you're making me double think my gift choice..Oh geez oh man... I hope mine's not a waste of money..

Steam is also free for me because my ISP has a steam server, so anything downloaded in Australia on steam with that ISP is unmetered content that doesn't affect my monthly quota.

Oh that's cool. Is it extra or included in the plan?

Xiraiya

Oh that's cool. Is it extra or included in the plan?
No it's a default thing that is more or less a side effect of being with them, any of their sites or servers just don't count towards your downloads and are usually at maximum speed, on Steam everything I download is at a constant 1.6mb a second with little to no change.

They also use to host game servers, like 5 years ago in Counter Strike for example, you could find dedicated servers hosted by the ISP to jump in to and Ping would always be like 15ms, if that.
I'm not sure if they still do that for games but I assume so.

Zenfalcia

No it's a default thing that is more or less a side effect of being with them, any of their sites or servers just don't count towards your downloads and are usually at maximum speed, on Steam everything I download is at a constant 1.6mb a second with little to no change.

They also use to host game servers, like 5 years ago in Counter Strike for example, you could find dedicated servers hosted by the ISP to jump in to and Ping would always be like 15ms, if that.
I'm not sure if they still do that for games but I assume so.

Sounds like a great ISP company with some decent servers too.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW COOL THAT STAR WARS TEASER LOOKED INSTEAD ABOUT STUPID ANIME YEAAAAH

No. Anime > starwars. Now if there was a star wars anime...

Xiraiya

Sounds like a great ISP company with some decent servers too.

Really expensive though, it's like $80 a month for us with a 200gb monthly quota, it would be half that for even faster net if I were in a big town or city, but I live out in the sticks so they have a weird sort of "extention" thing going on that makes it all way more expensive.

Still the best deal we can get, unless new and better ISPs have appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom