• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Star Wars is cool enough AND Dumb enough that I really think Kojima should be directing new movies if he want's to be a movie director so badly.

Oberon

Banned
I have been reading it. It's some hype shit.

"I'll become a girl."

I like Final Fantasy weapons... I can't control this inner 15 year old, it's so cool!

You know, I have more than one thing in common with Kiyoshi
If its for blocking, why is the center metallic? It would get cut off super easy if lightsabers clash.

Well, at least it looks cool, ok?
What I really want to see is Guts Dragon slayer Light saber!

Emouse

So it's what, 4:30 and I still don't have smash, which is total bullshit, what's the betting one of my asswipe neighbours got the delivery and decided to not bother bringing it round

I'm mad fucking salt right now

I think there are a fair amount in the comics, which are all non cannon now. Thanks Disney

Fuck Disney

Star Wars is cool enough AND Dumb enough that I really think Kojima should be directing new movies if he want's to be a movie director so badly.

I wouldn't even mind that. That would be cool as hell.

Oh man, all this Star Wars talk is going to get me to fire up KOTOR today.

I had a guy plug his lightsaber into the power core of a death star and slice the whole thing in half with a single swing.

65402-dear-god-its-beautiful-mugatu-Zmxe.gif

I never knew how much I wanted something like that.

I never knew how much I wanted something like that.

It's times like these where I really miss having my fanfics up places, even though these were terribly written from a grammar and consistency standpoint (Since I wrote them when I was 12) there was still a bunch of hype shit in there.

What if it was powered by his spirit. The angrier he gets the more power his saber gets? I want a good berserk game.. ;_;
When I was a youngling, I created a concept of a man who instead of using a Lightsaber, which he regarded as ancient, he used the force, as a tangible weapon, and crafted blades from it.

Also battery backpack=anti-tank weapon. It's sooooo cool.
Ok so it needs a huge energy source right? So the battery is the blade itself, which when activated coats itself in energy.
Well, it's already established that the hilt is the battery. That would mean no battery back pack.

Well, it's already established that the hilt is the battery. That would mean no battery back pack.

I had another thing, where a Star Destroyer sized ship was flying towards a planet, then they realized that it wasn't a ship, it was a giant light saber. Then it turned on and was about to cut through the planet, but the main character blocked it with his normal light saber and held it off.

Xiraiya

Benizakura

A Cyber sword that collects data and learns as it fights. Previously suspected of being a demon sword, it is just highly advanced technology. After being used by Blind Samurai Nizou for some time, it eventually fused with him, robbing him of his sanity and turning him into a living weapon, capable of destroying several Anti-Foreigner faction ships.
Good stuff.

Zenfalcia

When I was a youngling, I created a concept of a man who instead of using a Lightsaber, which he regarded as ancient, he used the force, as a tangible weapon, and crafted blades from it.

Also battery backpack=anti-tank weapon. It's sooooo cool.

Sounds intriguing. I wonder if the force can be used to do fine tasks like crushing a person's brain or other things.

Give that Hulksaber to The Hulk. It would cleave entire galaxies.

It would be terrifying, except it won't happen. :p

I had another thing, where a Star Destroyer sized ship was flying towards a planet, then they realized that it wasn't a ship, it was a giant light saber. Then it turned on and was about to cut through the planet, but the main character blocked it with his normal light saber and held it off.
That might be a little too much. Hype though.
Sounds intriguing. I wonder if the force can be used to do fine tasks like crushing a person's brain or other things.
Totally can. The force can be used to choke someone, easily, so with a little bit of adjustment, you can used it in pretty crazy, and brutal fashions.

Of course, Star Wars is a PG series, so you aren't going to see them there.

I believe it's the first real "serious" arc too.

Have you been keeping up with the manga?

I've only read the first 19 volumes, because that's all they had at my library, then never got anymore and I haven't gotten around to getting back into it since getting my tablet. One of these days I'm gonna just binge read up to current, though.

"a little"? It's a fucking space ship sized lightsaber about to cut a planet in half, in what way is that not way too much? It was intentionally ridiculous, though, so that's kinda the point.

Zenfalcia

Totally can. The force can be used to choke someone, easily, so with a little bit of adjustment, you can used it in pretty crazy, and brutal fashions.

Of course, Star Wars is a PG series, so you aren't going to see them there.

An 18+ star wars would be something i'd watch. Focus on the serious parts of the world. The books did those, so i might as well read those.. Still have those on my backlog.

I've only read the first 19 volumes, because that's all they had at my library, then never got anymore and I haven't gotten around to getting back into it since getting my tablet. One of these days I'm gonna just binge read up to current, though.

I've been binging it. It's pretty good. i'm already at chapter 80 from starting from nothing on.. wednesday?

Xiraiya

You might really want to binge soon, this arc has been so long and awesome, and it just keeps intensifying.

Zenfalcia

It's one of those things that it'll just start growing on you more and more.

Well, it slowly develops the characters, even the dumb side characters ;_; It's great when there's an arc about characters fighting for the heroine position and then later a baseball arc. XD

That alien prince is such a dick, but the best kind.

You might really want to binge soon, this arc has been so long and awesome, and it just keeps intensifying.

You're making it hard to focus on what to do with my apartment... I've also got all these games to play... I'm also in the middle of reading other things and I have my regular books I make myself read... I have to read Cuckoo's Calling and call it half way to prove to my brother that I'm better at things than him... Mregh... I wanna read this now.

Xiraiya

Well, it slowly develops the characters, even the dumb side characters ;_; It's great when there's an arc about characters fighting for the heroine position and then later a baseball arc. XD
That alien prince is such a dick, but the best kind.
Wait for the arc where everyone becomes women.

Zenfalcia

I guess I should go read this now.

Don't you have the other things i gave you to read too? Unless you've finish reading those too. This isn't even including the other stuff you should be doing :p

What for the arc where everyone becomes women.

Are you talking about when
zura and gintoki are forced to dress as a girl and work at cross dressing bar? If it's not that, i haven't gotten there yet.

Xiraiya

Are you talking about when
zura and gintoki are forced to dress as a girl and work at cross dressing bar? If it's not that, i haven't gotten there yet.

I meant "Wait" but no, though that is a really good story too for a multitude of reasons,
Trans in Gintama are OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom