• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wasn't on my phone, away from all ability to use a computer, I'd use the angriest, most outrages reaction gif I possibly could.

Wild Turkey is delicious and is what The Punisher drinks!

Now that I am less drunk, I can probably attribute the grossness of Wild Turkey to the poor choice of mixing drinks.

Still don't like it. Alcohol in general just tastes gross.

Zenfalcia

Really expensive though, it's like $80 a month for us with a 200gb monthly quota, it would be half that for even faster net if I were in a big town or city, but I live out in the sticks so they have a weird sort of "extention" thing going on that makes it all way more expensive.

Still the best deal we can get, unless new and better ISPs have appeared.

$80 USD? That's not great but on the other hand at least you can get decent internet? I have some friends who have terrible internet and cant get any better.

I've been away from it for so long...I don't know what to do anymore.

Make tomorrow yours with bayo 2.

Xiraiya

The hypest thing about that Star Wars trailer is the Lightsaber claymore.

I appreciate how non prequel it looks, like a lot of it just looked like the really old movies but in great quality, so I guess maybe that bodes well, we'll see.

I'm not holding my breath.

This is me asking you about your deepest darkest desires and hoping your friend would see in the process. ;)

You are an adult.

Oh, he knows. He knows more than anyone the depths of my Shameless.

Now that I am less drunk, I can probably attribute the grossness of Wild Turkey to the poor choice of mixing drinks.

Still don't like it. Alcohol in general just tastes gross.

Wild Turkey requires just Wild Turkey. You drink anything else before or after and it's all ruined. No mix, no ice, just straight 101 Wild Turkey.

And if you don't like alcohol, yeah, probably not for you. When you get used to the taste of it Wild Turkey is the tops.

newhampshire-understand-1.gif

I appreciate how non prequel it looks, like a lot of it just looked like the really old movies but in great quality, so I guess maybe that bodes well, we'll see.

I'm not holding my breath.

Neither am I. Could be a fun movie to see, though.

BTW, when I was way into Star Wars, I would right up concepts, with dudes with LightZweihanders, and LightKatanas. Things would get ridiculous.

JoJo94

981f272d2400eaac78ed52558d8204bc.png

That's the only shot of it. It's kinda dumb to me because the blade isn't actually any bigger... And what's the point of the little bits shooting out on the side?

It actually makes a bit of sense because it will keep the opponent's lightsaber from going straight past the hilt...looks cool/dumb to me though.

That's the only shot of it. It's kinda dumb to me because the blade isn't actually any bigger... And what's the point of the little bits shooting out on the side?

That's... That's amazingly dumb and perfect. I love it.

In my mind, the blade is so intense that those things on the side are exhaust like in No More Heroes. I'm certain that that's not it, but that image in my mind is so awesome that I don't care.

Zenfalcia

Exactly. Who cares about logic or reason when it's cool!?

That logic made stuff like final fantasy weapons happen and other things similar. It's not always ok.

Lightsaber duels, dodge rolling, force powers etc.

But wouldn't it have to go on the fact that light sabers can degrade? How would blocking with shields work? Would there be other weapons you can pick up? Wouldn't it revolve around either light sabers are over powered or guns are over powered?

Squishy3

The theory I'm seeing most is that it's a makeshift lightsaber made out of junk so that's why it looks weird and why the bits are coming out of the side.

Xiraiya

Well I more mean how many types of lightsabers are there. Might have to be a difference in fighting styles instead of weapons.
Oddly enough though at this point with all the extended canon universe material, you could easily utilize the Dark Souls way of tying movesets to weapons.

Zenfalcia

Well I more mean how many types of lightsabers are there. Might have to be a difference in fighting styles instead of weapons.

What do you mean? You mean light saber types in the giant fanfiction lore known as the retconned star wars universe?
Rip in peace old star wars universe ;_;7

Lightsaber nun-chucks would be awesome.

Wait.. how would that work.. would the light saber part be the part you hold? or the middle chain part?

JoJo94

Lightsaber nun-chucks would be awesome.

How would they be handled

Oddly enough though at this point with all the extended canon universe material, you could easily utilize the Dark Souls way of tying movesets to weapons.

I was also thinking about it being done that way too...get on it man.

What do you mean? You mean light saber types in the giant fanfiction lore known as the retconned star wars universe?
Rip in peace old star wars universe ;_;7

Wait.. how would that work.. would the light saber part be the part you hold? or the middle chain part?

I don't know a ton about Star Wars okay. T-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom