• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
Discussion time!

Which 2BFP LP's do you always go back to? For some reason I watch rewatch the shitstorms whenever I'm bored. I just love that shit so much. I'd kill for LP's of stuff like Siren. RE2 is also a staple for when I'm bored. Its refreshing seeing someone play who loves RE2 as much as I do <3 :3

Rustlemania in general.
Deadly Premonition
Silent Hill Homecoming and Downpour.
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
Eternal Darkness

From the Shitstorms:
Cry of Fear
The Thing
Candles
Anna
Huntsman the Orphanage
SCP
Pesadelo
One Late Night
Afterfall Insanity (SEVERELY UNDERRATED)
Insanity (Insanidade)

MormaPope

Banned
Jesus Christ the youtube comments on this DS2 video are toxic D:

Only 11 dislikes though, the comment section is filled with trolls and try hard enthusiasts.

Fuck you Woolie, you are the worst kind of souls player: heals when invaded. That is the lamest shit. And even worse Pat didn't say anything about doing it. There are unspoken rules of dark souls PvP. &#65279;

From somebody named Ze-TopHat-Gamer. Its so corny and lame that it makes me sorta repulsed. People that approach invasions with honor in general are so lame, yeah, in a game where magic can one hit kill you and you can get backstabbed in the dick because of lag, I'm going to approach this fight with honor. Souls PvP is the dirtiest and often most broken form of PvP in a RPG title. Fuck any self imposed honor, I take satisfaction in overcoming such a broken part of gameplay.

Dark Souls 1 PvP on consoles is so bad that the majority of deaths come from getting back stabbed facing the opponent, I've heard my weapon make contact and see blood spurt out, no damage done, backstabbed.

Only 11 dislikes though, the comment section is filled with trolls and try hard enthusiasts.

From somebody named Ze-TopHat-Gamer. Its so corny and lame that it makes me sorta repulsed. People that approach invasions with honor in general are so lame, yeah, in a game where magic can one hit kill you and you can get backstabbed in the dick because of lag, I'm going to approach this fight with honor.

Souls PvP is the dirtiest and often most broken form of PvP in a RPG title. Fuck any self imposed honor, I take satisfaction in overcoming such a broken part of gameplay.

Invading is defacto non-honourable because you have a huge advantage because the enemies don't attack you. The whole honour/souls brigade has existed since DeS and they're all casuals. It's absurd.

Anung

Un Rama
I feel like I'm coming off as an asshole when I criticize the TEW play-through in here but these people in the comments sections are actually fucking dickheads.

I feel like I'm coming off as an asshole when I criticize the TEW play-through in here but these people in the comments sections are actually fucking dickheads.

It's all a matter of scale. "That episode, you weren't really fair on that sequence, you were just frustrated" is a world of difference from "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THESE FUCKING MORONS DID PATS BRAIN FALL OUT OF HIS BABY ASS WHAT A FUCKTARD"

Invading is defacto non-honourable because you have a huge advantage because the enemies don't attack you. The whole honour/souls brigade has existed since DeS and they're all casuals. It's absurd.

Fuck honor. If someone invades you, you use every scumbag tactic in the book to kick their ass. I don't wanna die and possibly have to restart areas or lose a shit ton of souls or my humanity because of "honor."

croten

If the invader fights me in an area with no enemies and allows us to both start the fight with out health topped off then it's going to be a fair fight. I wont heal unless they try to get an unfair advantage on me.

Fuck honor. If someone invades you, you use every scumbag tactic in the book to kick their ass. I don't wanna die and possibly have to restart areas or lose a shit ton of souls or my humanity because of "honor."

The idea that people think invading your game has some kind of honour component is insane. Like, I'm coming into your game, to kill you, and take your stuff, and IM going to use every dirty trick. Im going to use the scraping spear to use your gear, I'm going to use a high knockback weapon on a huge ledge, I'm going to stand behind casting enemies, whatever, give me your fucking humanity. If you're dumb enough to stand there and fight fair then all the better for me.

Tako

It's all a matter of scale. "That episode, you weren't really fair on that sequence, you were just frustrated" is a world of difference from "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THESE FUCKING MORONS DID PATS BRAIN FALL OUT OF HIS BABY ASS WHAT A FUCKTARD"

How do you guys deal with comments like that? Like do you just have days that just feel like utter shit because of what some of these dimwits managed to type out?

The idea that people think invading your game has some kind of honour component is insane. Like, I'm coming into your game, to kill you, and take your stuff, and IM going to use every dirty trick. Im going to use the scraping spear to use your gear, I'm going to use a high knockback weapon on a huge ledge, I'm going to stand behind casting enemies, whatever, give me your fucking humanity. If you're dumb enough to stand there and fight fair then all the better for me.

Exactly. There's nothing honorable about invading someone, so people that actually care about that shit and decide to bow or not heal just make it easier to smash their face in or get them in a combo.

Episode 3 done. Wait what?
Dio
disintegrated
?

Edit: Nvermind. Of course not.

I know right? Shows over. Time to go home. Pack it up. The world is saved.

If you invade my world, you're not here to have a honorable battle. You're here to kill you and I'm going to do everything I can to ensure I kill you first.
The only time I don't immediately attack enemies is on the bridge of Iron Keep. If I'm actively summoning red phantoms to my world, I'm doing so to fight them. I'll let them buff and I'll do the same, after which I'll wait to see whether the enemy bows and only bow back if they do it first. During regular play however, fuck honor.

I've had people on that bridge run away to enemies so I can run over there and trigger them. Luckily they don't know I have a bow and arrow, those dumb asses.

Exactly! That's why we should talk more about Griffith! He's been in 25 episodes!

We're not talking about that guy. We should never talk about that guy. Shut up about that guy.

Anung

Un Rama

I guess its a perspective thing as well where I know you are in this thread and chances are you might read what I say compared to these youtube people who literally spewing words into the ether without consequence.

ultimax

We're not talking about that guy. We should never talk about that guy. Shut up about that guy.
giphy.gif

You all love it tho

MormaPope

Banned
The funniest thing about the honor code bullshit is the people that want to fight honorably find and seek out the most exploitative PvP builds possible. So you spend hours molding a build that is meant to fuck somebody up instantly, and when someone tries to fight that bullshit back using all the methods available, they're dishonorable and cowardly.

That combined with console netcode being completely ass makes me despise that part of the Souls fan base. Completely oblivious to context and how they're actually playing.

If the invader fights me in an area with no enemies and allows us to both start the fight with out health topped off then it's going to be a fair fight. I wont heal unless they try to get an unfair advantage on me.
If I'm using a Red Eye Orb, I'm trying to ruin someones fun. Red Eye Soapstone means you let me into your game to fight you, so we fight like gentlemen.

I still never bow first.
Exactly. There's nothing honorable about invading someone, so people that actually care about that shit and decide to bow or not heal just make it easier to smash their face in or get them in a combo.

If I'm invading, I'm trying to piss this person off, whatever way I can. Victory is a secondary goal, and in some ways, when I invade on the Dragon's Aerie, not a goal at all.

The funniest thing about the honor code bullshit is the people that want to fight honorably find and seek out the most exploitative PvP builds possible. So you spend hours molding a build that is meant to fuck somebody up instantly, and when someone tries to fight that bullshit back using all the methods available, they're dishonorable and cowardly.

That combined with console netcode being completely ass makes me despise that part of the Souls fan base. Completely oblivious to context and how they're actually playing.

It's the adult version of "no you didn't shoot me I have super magic armour on" when kids play cops and robbers. They seek out absurd, weighted advantages, and basically get angry that you don't let them use it to its full potential. People going into invasions have enormous advantages in character build because they're specced for players. Woolies build, for example, rocks the house on PVE, but because of the incredibly narrow and slow hitbox of the Fume Sword, it's fucking GAAAARBGE for PVP encounters.

Xiraiya

I have mixed feelings on Dark Souls PVP in general, which I won't really get into, but I will say yes, it's silly to get that upset about honor in a mechanic designed for you to run into someone's game, kill them and leave.
I use estus when I get invaded if I have to, despite the Invader probably being like "Fuck you for healing."

I was reluctant about it once, back in Dark Souls 1, when I thought invaders had no way at all to heal, but once I saw that they could heal, from then on I didn't care, I'm going to heal myself if I have to, because it's my game and you don't belong, so I'm going to use everything to remove you from it.

croten

Okay seriously what the hell am I supposed to do after the QTE? It starts hurling boulders at me and I have no clue what to do.

grimmiq

The thing that pisses me off about invasions in Dark Souls..as an Australian..Some asshole invades my world to kill me, but somehow in my own world..I'm the one lagging... and get lagstabbed from 100 steps away.

If I'm invading, I'm trying to piss this person off, whatever way I can. Victory is a secondary goal, and in some ways, when I invade on the Dragon's Aerie, not a goal at all.

I don't think I've ever used a red eye to invade someone's world so I'm not used to invasions. However I've been invaded plenty of times and I do whatever I can to fuck people over. Like buffing my weapons or shooting them with arrows when they're just standing far away, use life gems and estus when I can, etc. I don't really care what they think.

MormaPope

Banned
It's the adult version of "no you didn't shoot me I have super magic armour on" when kids play cops and robbers. They seek out absurd, weighted advantages, and basically get angry that you don't let them use it to its full potential. People going into invasions have enormous advantages in character build because they're specced for players. Woolies build, for example, rocks the house on PVE, but because of the incredibly narrow and slow hitbox of the Fume Sword, it's fucking GAAAARBGE for PVP encounters.

PvE builds are also the most fun to play as and progress though. In Dark Souls 1&2 fully upgraded Great Clubs decimate bosses and stronger mob enemies. Two handing a Great Club for the Ornstein and Smough boss fight you'll take off a 1/3, 1/4, or 1/5 of their health with one leaping attack. Using a Great Club in Dark Souls 1 or 2 PvP? Good fucking luck, you'll see the club smash your opponent, they'll roll away unscathed, rinse and repeat for a minute or two, and then get killed by getting stun locked to death because they rolled into your attack and nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom