• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
Okay seriously what the hell am I supposed to do after the QTE? It starts hurling boulders at me and I have no clue what to do.

It's been so long since I've played Witcher 2 that I only vaguely remember the boss. there should be a path that takes you above the monster when its throwing shit at you and thats the end of the fight.

That adds to the "Dio is deliciously evil" line. That and the
dog burning, poisoning and the entire vampire transformation
thing. He's such a piece of shit.

1361072705022.gif

Some guy tried to lure me away from Safe zones in Dark Souls 2 DLC 3's optional area. I just stood there behind a wall until he got impatient and decided to fight me face to face, after which he died quickly.
People seem to think the average player is an idiot that will just run into danger as soon as the enemy moves. Why the hell would I move? I can heal, you can't. I'll just wait for you to come back to me and then beat your face in. I don't get the entire honor code nonsense. I just let them buff on the bridge because I want to beat them at their best.

I've had someone in shine of amana pre-patch that tried to lure me out into the eight casters. Luckily that was when faith builds were still beasts and I just tossed lightning and those wind bolts at him until he decided to come close to me and I destroyed him with my katana.

I don't think I've ever used a red eye to invade someone's world so I'm not used to invasions. However I've been invaded plenty of times and I do whatever I can to fuck people over. Like buffing my weapons or shooting them with arrows when they're just standing far away, use life gems and estus when I can, etc. I don't really care what they think.

When I'm running Soapstone, or doing PvP, I'll allow a buff, mostly because I want to buff my weapons, or Blossom up. When I'm invaded, and I'm trying to progress, I'll go for the kill.

Don't man. Don't. The ending is so bad its unreal.

What are you talking about? It's as amazing as SH2's :p

Should probably get back to SH2. Finally got some component cables for my ps2 so it isn't dark and ugly as it was before. That game is amazing so far and I just got to the hospital

Anung

Un Rama
I need to. That being said, you really fuck up your adaptation when you're altering things, but still keeping names similar enough that I'm sitting here for 20 minutes waiting for Jon Snow to turn heel.

The only redeeming feature is the chick that plays heather is pretty fine. Also one of the monster designs is okay.

The rest is fucking terribad.

What are you talking about? It's as amazing as SH2's :p

Should probably get back to SH2. Finally got some component cables for my ps2 so it isn't dark and ugly as it was before.

It's actually supposed to be dark and ugly. The game has a god damn noise filter on (the first of its kind!) to fuck up the image more.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I feel like it's been long enough that I can probably watch the Silent Hill movies and laugh without feeling a sting. How many are there again?

It's actually supposed to be dark and ugly. The game has a god damn noise filter on (the first of its kind!) to fuck up the image more.

Normally a game like that would sound better with dark and ugly output, but for the entirety of the apartments I couldn't see a single thing. Even when I finally found the flashlight. It took me hours to get through that area because I kept missing things because I couldn't see shit inside the rooms. I just had to keep wall hugging and mashing to pick some things up.

Normally a game like that would sound better with dark and ugly output, but for the entirety of the apartments I couldn't see a single thing. Even when I finally found the flashlight. It took me hours to get through that area because I kept missing things because I couldn't see shit inside the rooms. I just had to keep wall hugging and mashing to pick things up.

You're supposed to look where James is looking. It's a design element that he naturally turns his head towards items in the environment.

You're supposed to look where James is looking. It's a design element that he naturally turns his head towards items in the environment.

Which I totally didn't realize till I got near the end of the apartments lol. I think it was actually you or someone else on GAF who told me about that a few months ago.

MormaPope

Banned
When it comes to videogame adaptations, I fantasize about a Dark Souls 1 anime made by the people that did the Berserk anime. Story would focus on a group of undead protagonists, with all of them becoming hollow by the end except for one.

Listening to Gwyn's theme, and imagining him talking down and belittling to the undead that made it that far fills me with imagination hype. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y

I gotta admit, Revelation is actually getting a lot of the lore spot on. They're even using the third version of the grey children concept art in the crazy book they're looking at.

Anung

Un Rama
Its Christmas time but I've got a big pile of horror films to get through. I've heard nothing but good things about Oculus and The Babadook.

I watched Gremlins the other day. Shit, that film is much more grim than I remember it being.

Anung

Un Rama
The first Silent Hill was decent. That pretty much elevates it to masterpiece in the pantheon of shitty videogame movies.

Hey, anybody remember what version of old Guilty Gear Pat and Liam were saying you should buy to see if Xrd was right for you? I see 3 on PSN
GG XX Accent core plus, R, and Acore.

Pat really should do some kind of solo cast where he discusses lore. Maybe things would be wrong, but of the bunch of them I feel like that would be extremely relaxing.

Anung

Un Rama
When I watched SH:R I couldnt help but think of Vincents dialogue in his Jon snow voice

tumblr_muncakUsYT1s4wum7o1_500.gif

'eh up d'they look like monstahs to you? jon snuuuuu

Squishy3

we need a crossover between berserk and jojo's where guts hangs out with all the jojo's and dio and company hang out with griffith

one piece and dragonball z crossed over, anything can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom