• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word itself is central to this discussion so it can't be helped, and it's not being used maliciously so it's fine. The mods aren't robutts you know, they understand context.
Apparently just using that word gets you banned no matter the context. Thats what the others said at least.

What about cross dressing?

I think that's fine. Honestly, you're better off just avoiding the topic unless you know. If you're really curious there's a TransGAF thread that apparently answer these questions nicely, and they'd know better than I would.

The word itself is central to this discussion so it can't be helped, and it's not being used maliciously so it's fine. The mods aren't robutts you know, they understand context.

They also take a pretty hardline stance on that word, though. It's best to not use it no matter the context.

Okingjrr

Hey guys, remember that time we got 2 mods, including Bish, in the thread on the same day? And none of us got banned, good times.

Zenfalcia

Hey guys, remember that time we got 2 mods, including Bish, in the thread on the same day? And none of us got banned, good times.

Yes, it was.. Also we didn't have the doujin avatars.. or many would've been massacred.

I don't know why, I'm in no danger. Trust me, I've been here for 7 years.

They want to be extra careful. I understand their sentiment, but at the same time with context his usage of the word is not offensive in any way. He should be fine editted and also unedited.

Archgan

And a Monster Hunter MMO Parody arc, though the Wii one is great, I kept losing it so many times during that episode.

vx5XxR.jpg

I rarely laugh at something when I'm reading things by myself but I was dying during the whole RPG part.

Zenfalcia

I rarely laugh at something when I'm reading things by myself but I was dying during the whole RPG part.

I don't know.. there were other great moments from gintama that almost made me laugh out loud when i was on the subway/bus

That's what I call: PARFECKT timing ;-)
The thread would have been terminated faster than Oberon's thread.

I don't think i was there at the time.. I had a doujin avatar, so i guess i was lucky.. it was pretty sfw too, so it probably would've been ok.

it would've been bish gifs everywhere and everyone dying.

demidar

They want to be extra careful. I understand their sentiment, but at the same time with context his usage of the word is not offensive in any way. He should be fine editted and also unedited.

I doubt that. Even using trannies in a completely descriptive way (devoid of any intent) is still bad because other people seeing the word will start thinking it's okay to use it when it's really not. That's why it shouldn't be used casually because then you're essentially enabling its usage and that's why it's bannable.

Hoo boy this is quite a tangent but this should help BestGAF to stay safe out in the wilds.

Zenfalcia

I doubt that. Even using trannies in a completely descriptive way (devoid of any intent) is still bad because other people seeing the word will start thinking it's okay to use it when it's really not. That's why it shouldn't be used casually because then you're essentially enabling its usage and that's why it's bannable.

Hoo boy this is quite a tangent but this should help BestGAF to stay safe out in the wilds.

I guess it could be counted as being used as a racial slur regardless of context?

This is everythingGAF don't you remember? We talk about anything and everything.

Whats the difference between Wrath of the Raging Demon and a regular Raging Demon besides one being a super combo and the other being an ultra.

demidar

I guess it could be counted as being used as a racial slur regardless of context?

This is everythingGAF don't you remember? We talk about anything and everything.

Well look at it this way. Replace trannies with a certain f- word that rhymes with maggot. Do you really want people to start dropping that word as casually as any other swear word? When people hear that word said nonchalantly, they also will start using it because they don't think it's that bad despite it being a terrible slur because when they heard it used it didn't carry the gravitas it deserves. You can substitute that word in to my previous points, it works pretty much the same.

Well look at it this way. Replace trannies with a certain f- word that rhymes with maggot. Do you really want people to start dropping that word as casually as any other swear word? When people hear that word said nonchalantly, they also will start using it because they don't think it's that bad despite it being a terrible slur because when they heard it used it didn't carry gravitas it deserves. You can substitute that word in to my previous points, it works pretty much the same.

Only ignorant people spout ingnorant hate.

JoJo94

No! It's not okay! We need limits! It's only a matter of time before we're moved to off topic community hell with the likes of k-onGAF!!

I don't think that'll happen because we do discuss games a decent amount in here.

Not really, one hand we have a lot less newcomers and we lost some other people who usually only browse gaming and dropped in from time to time.

I do miss newcomers, and the few who dropped off.

ultimax

I always thought the "the t-word" was supposed to be used because It encompassed all genders and supposed to be equal or something like that. Guess I heard wrong tho

Archgan

I don't know.. there were other great moments from gintama that almost made me laugh out loud when i was on the subway/bus

Most of the other times something has made me laugh out loud have been Gintama, but that was just the one that I remember the most.

Most of the other times something has made me laugh out loud have been Gintama, but that was just the one that I remember the most.
I once toldy friend about the style of comedy of my manga having crude humor like gintama and he said "its not really crude tho." Then I reminded him about all the stupid dick jokes and he was like "ok I get it!"

But theyre so cool D:
It is. But's it's bad...
eh it has its uses, it's unblockable isn't it?
It's a grab, I believe. You can punish with it, but you gotta have the input down to do that.
I always the "the t-word" was supposed to be used because It encompassed all genders and supposed to be equal or something like that. Guess I heard wrong tho
I don't know. I've never gone to TransGaf, but I believe Transsexual is okay.

demidar

I don't know. I've never gone to TransGaf, but I believe Transsexual is okay.

That's right. Tranny is bad, transsexual is fine.

And that's enough about this topic. Let's talk about how bad Sonic Boom is and what a boondoggle it'll be to see the Zaibatsu play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom