• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

croten

Hey Pat, any chance you want to join the Secret Santa thing? It will be mostly digital shit due to everyone living in different parts of the world but it'll be fun.

So to relieve myself of the stress that came from preparing for my psych final tomorrow, which involved writing a paper I had almost lost when the power went out this afternoon, I decided to go and visit Seattle Gameworks again because dammit I need my Bemani fix. Most of what I played was stuff from yesterday. DDR Extreme I played with another guy only to find that the player 2 dance pad wasn't as responsive as the player 1 side. Pop'n Music I did well with all 9 buttons but god dammit that screen is atrocious. Also did better on Drummania, though timing and hand eye coordination still needed some work.

New games I did play however were DJMax Technika 3 and Too Spicy. Technika is quite interesting compared to the PSP games and DJMax Trilogy on PC, because unlike those games which were closely emulating beatmania, this one is all touch based. Icons appear on the screen and you tap them, or hold or swipe depending on the time of icon that appears. It's all Korean music, both licensed and in house, and it's pretty good.

Too Spicy though...man, that shit's awesome. Like, take the idea of a cover shooter, and turn it into a light gun game with two pedals to move left or right. It moves very fast, and some stages do some interesting things with the cover. One of them had you fighting on a boat during a storm, and the crates used as cover would periodically shift to one side of the ship or the other, so you have to constantly be moving to keep yourself from being exposed. Didn't get past that stage, though, but I'd be down to play more of it. Modern arcade games are fucking rad.

Also, I now noticed why the speakers on the Bemani games were pumped up so loud. It's because normally there's a fuck ton of people making background noise so they pump it up for players to hear. There were a lot more people there playing games than there were when I went yesterday afternoon. Evenings seem to get a lot more traffic there, which made me feel good that there are other people besides me that are willing to go to an arcade in this day and age.

Anyway, now to get back to studying for tomorrow, and since I already did my second trip this week, I'm gonna take a break from taking trips to Seattle for a little while, for time and money reasons. I need to set myself a monthly Bemani regiment so I can get the most out of it.

I'm just a poor boy from a poor family, and I want of nothing, so I can't join the Santa fun times. It's purdy cool that it's actually happening though, ya'll good folk.

Squishy3

So to relieve myself of the stress that came from preparing for my psych final tomorrow, which involved writing a paper I had almost lost when the power went out this afternoon, I decided to go and visit Seattle Gameworks again because dammit I need my Bemani fix. Most of what I played was stuff from yesterday. DDR Extreme I played with another guy only to find that the player 2 dance pad wasn't as responsive as the player 1 side. Pop'n Music I did well with all 9 buttons but god dammit that screen is atrocious. Also did better on Drummania, though timing and hand eye coordination still needed some work.

New games I did play however were DJMax Technika 3 and Too Spicy. Technika is quite interesting compared to the PSP games and DJMax Trilogy on PC, because unlike those games which were closely emulating beatmania, this one is all touch based. Icons appear on the screen and you tap them, or hold or swipe depending on the time of icon that appears. It's all Korean music, both licensed and in house, and it's pretty good.

Too Spicy though...man, that shit's awesome. Like, take the idea of a cover shooter, and turn it into a light gun game with two pedals to move left or right. It moves very fast, and some stages do some interesting things with the cover. One of them had you fighting on a boat during a storm, and the crates used as cover would periodically shift to one side of the ship or the other, so you have to constantly be moving to keep yourself from being exposed. Didn't get past that stage, though, but I'd be down to play more of it. Modern arcade games are fucking rad.

Also, I now noticed why the speakers on the Bemani games were pumped up so loud. It's because normally there's a fuck ton of people making background noise so they pump it up for players to hear. There were a lot more people there playing games than there were when I went yesterday afternoon. Evenings seem to get a lot more traffic there, which made me feel good that there are other people besides me that are willing to go to an arcade in this day and age.

Anyway, now to get back to studying for tomorrow, and since I already did my second trip this week, I'm gonna take a break from taking trips to Seattle for a little while, for time and money reasons. I need to set myself a monthly Bemani regiment so I can get the most out of it.
I went there the last time I was in Seattle. I mostly played Taiko Drum Master. Nobody came to sit down at the SF4 machine with me. :(

croten

I just have no interest, I bought presents for who I want to buy for, that's all.

No_fun_allowed.jpg

Anung

Un Rama
Time for me to go to bed. Got to grab a Christmas tree tomorrow and other stuff for a party on friday D:

Catch you guys later :D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Mrgoodwill bought me a thing, and I gifted out a couple copies of Sonic All-Stars Racing in return. I think I'm good on the Secret Santa thing.

Hmm, Purolator actually impressed me. Showed up with my PS4 coffin a day after it was made, I scheduled a pickup and the guy showed up 15 minutes later. Delivery of the coffin to Sony takes a single day, so that means I should be getting my PS4 back somewhere between the 19th and 24th. Not too bad, as long as they actually repair it. I fully expect them to pull it out, turn it on, go "hey it's fine" and throw it back in the box without actually testing a game to see the corruption error.

Shouldn't you be studying?

yes, i'm being your mom :|
I was finished with all my exams at noon.

Inou Battle episode 3
Yooooooooooo things got interesting finally. I can't wait for them to have team dante vs Virgil fights
Hmm, Purolator actually impressed me. Showed up with my PS4 coffin a day after it was made, I scheduled a pickup and the guy showed up 15 minutes later. Delivery of the coffin to Sony takes a single day, so that means I should be getting my PS4 back somewhere between the 19th and 24th. Not too bad, as long as they actually repair it. I fully expect them to pull it out, turn it on, go "hey it's fine" and throw it back in the box without actually testing a game to see the corruption error.
Wow. I didn't think it would have been that fast. You getting the Xrd LE?

When I sent them my PS4 for my issue, they just sent me a new system.

It's fiiiine.
It's not.
At least if you get it on the 24th you can feel like you're opening a present, and if it's still broken it'll be just like getting a pair of socks. Good luck though, hopefully they're actually competent.

Zenfalcia

Hopefully not. Did you add any info or fill out a form to detail the problem?

I'm having the exact same fear for my GPU I RMA'd. Finally got received today so I'm hoping they'll issue my refund so that I can order my 970 before the Christmas shipping rush overloads and it takes a goddamn month for it to get to me.

What the FUCK is this 4.1 GB patch for Evil Within on PC?

Performance optimizations on Higher end GPU systems
Fix for "The Power of Three" achievement unlocking incorrectly after upgrading the same weapon three times
Count-based achievement progress persists when loading earlier saves for some achievements

Literally all it tells me.

Best case scenerio they send you a new one or fix it by swapping parts or something.

No!!! My life is ruined!

Worst case they don't even test it properly and send it back as is, or send me a refurb that was similarly un-repaired from a possibly even worse issue, which as far as I'm concerned is theft considering I paid them to repair it or send me an out of the box new one.

I bet Liams right, playthrough 2 on PC with bugs ironed out, I'll have way way way more fun. But it sucks that you have to completely finish encounters to see how they were designed in order to enjoy the game. Conveyance is its biggest sin.

EDIT: Fucking nevermind, the topics in the steam forum are about how entire levels are uncompletable now due to the 4.1 gig patch. Likely do to save data somehow not being compatible jesus christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom