• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved

4>7>2>6>3>1>5 and I'll wait until 8 is finished.

Joseph is there as a character and he's great but most of the fights end up as punch the dude. In Part 2 it was all about Jojo tricking and deceiving them, that's why he is the best jojo and part 2 is better than 3.

I've only seen bits and pieces of the manga past part 3 so I can't debate your overall order there.

But nope I like part 3 better than 2.

I do agree that Joseph is a better JoJo than Jotaro, if you are looking at that factor alone.

croten

I've only seen bits and pieces of the manga past part 3 so I can't debate your overall order there.

But nope I like part 3 better than 2.

I do agree that Joseph is a better JoJo than Jotaro, if you are looking at that factor alone.

I'm not, other than stands I think part 2 is far superior.

Man having never done anything with the Silent Hills franchise other than the SBF videos, it's really hard and fun to piece together exactly what's going on as Pat watches this movie.

Edit: Watching Pat walk passed the green goo on the bench made me exclaim. It was probably only 500 but still.

Oh yeah I wanted to try out the Silent Hill games. I wonder if the PAL conversion of them are any good, I reckon they'll be the kind of games that are 50Hz only (1-4 that is).

Anung

Un Rama
Pyramid Head is Heathers stand!

No wait, Pyramid Head is an anti-hero like the Terminator.

God that film is fucking shit.

I'll gif this proper later.

813b3d0a74af2b6c66bbeaa35efeef5d.gif

Pat's laughter is too much for this episode.

The opening scene, at first glance, is one of the most generic introduction to a slice of life show I've ever seen. The way they stylized it tho... is another story. The way they made the scene with the 21:9 aspect ratio left me questioning why would they use it? I then looked at the title of the show and wondered if they wanted a feel of a movie just for that opening. In movies, they are usually viewed as an alternate refection to our own. A somewhat false reality, but the magic stuff at the end crosses out that theory. As I continue to watch the magic bullshit of the MC and girls, I kept thinking back on that scene since it gave me the biggest impression on an average show. It felt like someone WAS filming them like a movie. With the magic bullshit powers, Could it be foreshadowing a person who as that type of ability? A person who that can manipulate a ghost camera that can only shoot in 21:9 aspect ratio?

Or maybe they cut back on the animation for the introductory scene and I'm just overthinking things.

Xux

Man, I did that by the bridge outside the floodgates for New Londo 'cause that shit didn't look steep at all.

The opening scene, at first glance, is one of the most generic introduction to a slice of life show I've ever seen. The way they stylized it tho... is another story. The way they made the scene with the 21:9 aspect ratio left me questioning why would they use it? I then looked at the title of the show and wondered if they wanted a feel of a movie just for that opening. In movies, they are usually viewed as an alternate refection to our own. A somewhat false reality, but the magic stuff at the end crosses out that theory. As I continue to watch the magic bullshit of the MC and girls, I kept thinking back on that scene since it gave me the biggest impression on an average show. It felt like someone WAS filming them like a movie. With the magic bullshit powers, Could it be foreshadowing a person who as that type of ability? A person who that can manipulate a ghost camera that can only shoot in 21:9 aspect ratio?

Or maybe they cut back on the animation for the introductory scene and I'm just overthinking things.

Either you're overthinking it by a million miles and you should just enjoy the comedy, or this is the most complex thing Trigger will ever make

Man you guys are making me want to watch the 2nd Silent Hill movie to see how bad it can be. I was holding off but it is in my queue.

Also Part 2 >3 >1. Theme 2>1>3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom