• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Liams right, playthrough 2 on PC with bugs ironed out, I'll have way way way more fun. But it sucks that you have to completely finish encounters to see how they were designed in order to enjoy the game. Conveyance is its biggest sin.

I have to agree that playing through the game a second time, hopefully with bugs and shit ironed out will be far more fun. That's one of the main reasons I've been playing it on PS4 despite owning it on Steam.

Well, that and my 6670 can't run it for shit. Gotta wait for my upgrade.

Zenfalcia

Worst case they don't even test it properly and send it back as is, or send me a refurb that was similarly un-repaired from a possibly even worse issue, which as far as I'm concerned is theft considering I paid them to repair it or send me an out of the box new one.

I would be surprised if Sony let that happen. Hopefully that doesn't or that'd create more of a headache since you'd have to contact sony again, complain and get a new ps4.

I bet Liams right, playthrough 2 on PC with bugs ironed out, I'll have way way way more fun. But it sucks that you have to completely finish encounters to see how they were designed in order to enjoy the game. Conveyance is its biggest sin.

Speaking of which, do you think you'd ever do a "revisit" of portions that were extremely difficult for you on the first run? Like a highlight reel of that last spider lady fight. I don't know if there were enough sequences where those differences are so pronounced as the boss encounters, and if that would be good enough for a video, but I'd be interested in how things can be different when you're OP.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hey Pat, did you know they give you a
fucking assault rifle
in easy mode?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Started watching Lucky Star, and holy shit this show is hilarious. Also, there was a straight up Cromartie reference in Ep3. It was glorious.

EDIT: Fucking nevermind, the topics in the steam forum are about how entire levels are uncompletable now due to the 4.1 gig patch. Likely do to save data somehow not being compatible jesus christ.

JFC Tango, get your shit together.

ultimax

EDIT: Fucking nevermind, the topics in the steam forum are about how entire levels are uncompletable now due to the 4.1 gig patch. Likely do to save data somehow not being compatible jesus christ.

.......What a shame...

Their intentions are good but they just can't fucking get it right.

I'm starting to think that the Evil Within name change is a hint that someone in the team is ruining the game.

I'm starting to think that the Evil Within name change is a hint that someone in the team is ruining the game.

Bethesda?

I personally think Mikami deserves a lot of the blame for the letterboxing and making the Id Tech V engine run at 30fps when it was not designed to be that way.

Edited a mistake

Psycho Break is what the game does to your psyche, by making you so frustrated with tech issues, and poor design, and Evil Within is whatever code they taped together to ship the game off.

Those are some pretty interesting bugs...

Here I go, here I am, Best Friends, Thank you Ma'am, this'll be a treat, etc etc aw fuck it its too long

01youtried.png
10/10

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Here I go, here I am, Best Friends, Thank you Ma'am, this'll be a treat, etc etc aw fuck it its too long

I've starting saying "Slam, bam, thank you ma'am" as a closing statement thanks to you and Liam. It works really well if you're sitting down and you throw something and cross your arms as you say it. Really gets your point across.

I've starting saying "Slam, bam, thank you ma'am" as a closing statement thanks to you and Liam. It works really well if you're sitting down and you throw something and cross your arms as you say it. Really gets your point across.

The expression is "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am" originally and is about one night stands/walks of shame. Unless we altered it for Barkley.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
The expression is "Wham, bam, thank you ma'am" originally and is about one night stands/walks of shame. Unless we altered it for Barkley.

Tha'd make sense - I first head about it because it's the title of a Charles Mingus song, but there was some dialogue in Barkley that used the slammified version of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom